Cheating Baloney

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Captain Video Augur

Show me a photo of the "majority" of this bot crew idling AFK in the lobby. I don't see them. I do see lots of assorted players idling AFK in the lobby; this happens on every single server, both TLP and Live.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

I don't think anyone is skeptical that SG has a botter, they are being skeptical because the "proof" that is getting posted here is that some characters have the same birthday or a picture of some random toons standing in PoK. DBG should ban the botter, but if they are using this "evidence" as the reason to do so, then no, they should not.
  3. Triconix Augur

Cheaters are pathetic. We all know it. However, it's just going to make you more miserable sitting around head hunting cheaters constantly. The game is meant to be enjoyed and it's possible to almost fully avoid cheaters/botters with very little effort. This becomes especially true in later expansions as most fun/useful content is instanced and most of the cheaters leave for the newest TLP to leach the casual noobs buying their classic crap for the eleventh billion time like a viral infection. They will always go for the easiest targets for profits and the casual TLP rerollers are just that. It's like a fly to a steaming pile of cow manure.

Play the game and stop wasting your personal time running around actively reporting cheaters. If they are in your way and causing you grief, report them and move on. There is no point of going out of your way to start a witch hunt unless your ultimate goal is to just be a miserable as possible.
    Captain Video and Tweakfour17 like this.
  4. a_librarian Augur

my post said the bots are bound in PoK. They didn't move with the the rest of the server into the lobby. They stand out in a really obvious way for this reason. They're like statues you pass in the same spot every day. All anon and guildless. There's several clusters of them around PoK.

The ones at the bank usually are actively botting somewhere and not at bind. They just apparently had a mishap in SG as indicated by all their corpses I saw in the zone.
  5. Rcbauer Augur

You can't post 'proof' here without it getting taken down.

Which says all you need to know about how much the man cares about this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Your proof is they stayed in PoK after the guild lobby opened up? There are plenty of people on live servers that stay in PoK while others stay in the Guild Lobby. Not everyone wants to bind at the same point as everyone else.
  7. a_librarian Augur

You're ignorant of the situation and should stop posting please and thank you
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

He's not ignorant of the situation, he's pointing out how poor the evidence being presented is.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

It can be both.
    Vumad likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

It's 100% possible they are botters are you are right, but using them standing around POK as evidence is extreme straw grasping. I still have lots of chars bound in POK because I'm just lazy. Does that mean I'm a botter as well?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

We are saying that taking pictures of people in POK standing around and saying they are cheating, isn't a good idea and makes the person doing it look a bit crazy.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I personally hate the guild lobby.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said there wasn't people boxing/botting on the server in violation of the rules. I just said a screen shot of characters in PoK or being created on the same day of the year isn't proof that they are breaking rules.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Rhythar Augur

I said twice already that a screenshot of a cheater is not proof that they are cheating, nor is that even the point of the screenshot or the thread.
  15. Rhythar Augur

Yeah, a screenshot of characters standing around in PoK isn't proof that they are breaking the rules. I think that goes without saying, so I don't know why you feel the need to keep saying it.
  16. Rhythar Augur

If you want evidence of botting, you're not going to find it here. That's not the purpose of this thread, nor can evidence of botting be posted in this forum.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are now admitting that the screen shot you posted was meaningless? Did you post it just to stir up some drama? If we look back at what you posted.

Sure makes it seem like you are accusing the people in the post of cheating.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we are not looking for evidence here but some seem to post things to try and convince others of this cheating.
  19. MBear Augur

If he did, you sure have made that into a success.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry if some don't like it when people keep making claims of cheating with no evidence then complain that their cheating reports are getting no results.