Character account xfer still broken?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Quey, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Quey New Member

I need to move my bard to my secondary account. I know we used to be able to buy just the server xfer token and send a petition to have them xfer between accounts even though it’s a server xfer token but the DB site says you all don’t have the tech to do it?

I found various posts from 2018 and 2019 about this but surely it’s not still broken is it? I’ve got like 10 years of progress on my bard and I’m sure as heck not starting over yet I need him to be a hydra.

Any EQ techs around to advise on how I can get this done?
  2. Derd Augur

You can't. Account to account transfers are never coming back.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Quey New Member

Ugh well that sucks. Having recently returned I was quite shocked to see it’s broken.

Yeah I only thought to search in this thread as I thought it was were broken stuffs should be, but apparently that all goes to the lounge chat.

I see here though they have this button to insta level to 85. I wonder if by having the transfer system broken it boosts the sales of that. Interesting.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nothing to do with it, but having Heroic Upgrades certainly can lessen the incovenience of not being able to transfer between accounts.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I have.. I don't know, a total, across all servers, probably over 20 (a conservative estimate) heroic characters, but have <never> purchased one for cash.

All access accounts are awarded 500 Station Cash / DBCash / Whatever DPG calls or will call them next. I save it up, having pretty much bought everything else with it I can. Every seven months, it's a free heroic character to make a buffer or utility toon.

Account to account transfers have no impact whatsoever on an all access account for me really.

I DO believe breaking account to account transfers is a GREAT way toward keeping many character sales derailed, which makes for a better quality of life for players who DO pay for EQ and play within the EULA Fewer PLing farmers competing for camps and epics to sell to players too lazy to actually play their characters.