Changes Promised for Heroic Adventures?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Melanippe, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Xeladom Augur

If the xp changes require any significant amount of time to undo then the time spent doing them in the first place should have been used to make the expansion bigger and not making the game smaller.
  2. Xeladom Augur

Push the release back a week and fix the product.
    Yinla, Ratbo Peep, beryon and 2 others like this.
  3. Janakin Augur

Since I took two vacation days from work months in advance I am not for that but hoping they fix the exp nerf before launch.

On the subject of exp nerf post 100, is it possible to ding 101 and spend some of the bank AAs, delevel and claim banked RoF rewards in full?
  4. Axxius Augur

Lisandra likes this.
  5. idej Augur

It is going to take a while for them to fix this. I honestly think they will wait as see how sales go before they give a time frame.

I really hope they have something figured out because this expansion is small. At least in past expansions that made it look bigger with missions and HAs.
  6. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

Melanippe likes this.
  7. Xeladom Augur

Why wait til Monday to tell us? if they had info for Monday they could have posted it. Another delay tactic
  8. Axxius Augur

Because it's weekend. Do you think anybody at the management level would cancel their holidays and work during a weekend to save this expansion? Who do you think they are - JChan? :rolleyes:
    Lisandra and Melanippe like this.
  9. Mysl Augur

It depends on how good their code are. If they have a good process, revert changes can be done in about a week. But, the post Roshen posted, is not a revert changes. They are going to put changes on top of these nerfs. Which will take a longer time, because now they have to test it also. This is what worries me. Changes on top of bad changes usually resulted in really bad messy situation.
    Melanippe likes this.
  10. Xeladom Augur

He said they have info to pass along Monday.....how long can it take to type in the same post that they are removing the nerf...reducing the nerf or leaving it as is, in the same post
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

If it's anything like the way I deal with my supervisor, when I say I have something for Monday, it means I will do it over the weekend.

I suspect they know they have to do something, but they will meet on Monday to figure out exactly what, then announce it.
    beryon likes this.
  12. Reviled Elder

13. segap Augur

If they did it right, there should be no code to revert. They should have done it in a way that could be tuned by a configuration value outside of code. They should be able to change the 6 hour value to 0 hours and the exp modifier for rof and down to 0. Then come up with their new plan and implement new code if need be or just turn the dials on the config in the code they already implemented and release that in a future patch. Unit tests and QA should have tested multiple values around the nobs and not just the planned config allowing them to make on the fly tuning changes outside of a deploy.
    Lisandra and Vrinda like this.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

I think we all know what will happen.

They will change mission lockouts from 6 hours to 2 hours, leave the exp nerfs in, and then add bonus exp to TDS zones.

Remember the gods illusion mask? "Trust us, we'll come to a solution!" followed by "The item stays the same, but we'll add a worthless item!", even more pressure just increased the duration with same recast timer, so I don't expect they will change their approach on this at all, just try and throw a couple minor changes and then claim they "listened".
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  15. Janakin Augur

I decided to answer my own question. Once you get 101 the rewards scale down. However if you die and are once again level 100 they go back to their original values even though the number does not say so until you claim one reward. So whoever said that once you hit 101 you and all your characters on the account are somehow flagged for reduced experience was wrong.
  16. Edrick Augur

TDS will need a lot more than week to be considered fixed
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. idej Augur

People need to speak with their wallets. They have been using us like a toilet for over a year. Maybe then they will realize we are not kids in a basement anymore and start listening to our suggestions.
    Lisandra and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

My concern is that corporate has already written us and our "antique" game off.
    We could just be a case of "how much can we milk out of them before they tire of it and quit?".
    If that's the case, our suggestions won't matter much, and we're just marks now.
    I don't want to be proven right here - but it's a legit concern at this point. :(
    -R
  19. Vladdq New Member

Just wondering if every single thread has some person writing a speech about how long they have played and how many tons of accounts they are not buying the expac on....... /box of tissues
  20. Melanippe Augur