Changes Promised for Heroic Adventures?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Melanippe, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Melanippe Augur

As posted by Roshen:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ading-grinding-xp-in-the-darkened-sea.214449/
    (Note that thread is now locked.)

"Hello all,

Thank you all for taking your time to share your thoughts with us on these changes. We hear you and based on your feedback we plan on making changes to how we're handling Heroic Adventures. We still want to make sure that the most difficult content is more rewarding and we want to incentivize variety. We also don't want Heroic Adventures to feel punishing.

We have some new changes in mind that are more about providing bonuses to players that seek out challenging content and choose to complete a variety of Heroic Adventures, and less about restrictions against players that choose not to. We'll be communicating these changes with you soon. They will not be ready by Tuesday for The Darkened Sea early access on October 28th.

Until these new updates are ready to announce, feel free to continue conversations about The Darkened Sea in other threads."

When might we reasonable expect to be made aware of precisely what changes are being contemplated and/or implemented?
    Yinla and Lisandra like this.
  2. Tual Augur

Thanks Roshen.
    Lisandra and Crystilla like this.
  3. Balloo Apprentice

Thank you for listening to your player base. I'll withhold judgement till I see what changes they have in mind but I at least appreciate the response.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Axxius Augur

So, are the 6 hr lockouts and RoF xp nerfs getting reversed, or is all that stuff going Live on Oct 28?
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Balloo Apprentice

Sounds like they'll go live and be patched later.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Melanippe Augur

Based on Roshen's post it appears that changes currently announced for Heroic Adventures (6hr lockout) will go live on 28Oct.

"We have some new changes in mind that are more about providing bonuses to players that seek out challenging content and choose to complete a variety of Heroic Adventures, and less about restrictions against players that choose not to. We'll be communicating these changes with you soon. They will not be ready by Tuesday for The Darkened Sea early access on October 28th."

No mention was made at all regarding the upcoming changes (reductions) to experience for pre-CoTF content.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

Yeah, already confirmed with Roshen: the lockouts and xp nerfs are going live. And then, maybe, something else happens, soon (tm).

If 99% of the players really don't read these forums and will only find out about this stuff when they finish a HA or come to a RoF zone to play... Oh boy!
    beryon, Andarriel and Lisandra like this.
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

HA thing I couldn't care less about (honestly, I never even realized they didn't have the standard 6 hour lockout tasks usually have), and he said nothing about the RoF and below exp nerfs.

It makes me wonder if they wanted to kill solo swarming but just gave up on doing it via abilities, and instead just went the FC raid instance route of making it not worth doing it at all. So they just hurt everyone but the couple of people per server that bothered doing it on old content.

Too little too late for me, honestly. Unless we get more content tied to the expansion I'm still not buying it for 4 of 5 accounts. Just the way it is.
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Sounds like maybe people should wait to get the expansion after they make the changes so they cant forget later:rolleyes:.
    Yinla, beryon, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  10. Nenton Augur

Which means the 1000+ comment thread was pointless and it's still going to be advantageous to suicide yourself on Tuesday to not lose 75% value on legitimately earned/banked RoF rewards. What kind of game design philosophy is that?
    beryon likes this.
  11. strongbus Augur

I am think this went in before design lock. So maybe they can't undo it till after it goes live. We know that they always have to patch stuff a day or 2 after. They can change it then lol. I am not holding my breath but we see.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Mysl Augur

I would wait. Too many promises were broken by SoE lately. Once they get your money, there is not much you can do to make sure they keep any of the promises.

What really worry me is this. "There will be a change, but we cannot tell you what it is." Stay tune? It means one thing to me, the changes they are going to make, will not be a complete reversal of what they put in. The only way I can see making sure the changes are somewhat agreeable to the playerbase, is make sure we know what we are getting before we pay for the product. We went in with blind faith on CoTF, on the clicky they gave out on SoE Live, do we want to continue on this blind faith?
    Lisandra, Marton and Melanippe like this.
  13. Edrick Augur

The HA lockout was a terribly conceived idea.

We should still be able to get decent exp in Rain of Fear or earlier post-100 if we so choose. Make task rewards decay exponentially, fine, but if I kill a monster I don't want a coefficient added to its experience that makes me lose most of it simply because I am over level 100.
    Lisandra, Mesc, Borek-VS and 3 others like this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

*was*? From Roshen's post they're going ahead full throttle, they just might change it later. That's not listening to feedback, it's ignoring it. Even if they change it soon(tm) it'll be after the Argath style clusterF is out and the damage will be done. I'd rather they just post with some freakin honesty: "you're wrong, we're doing it, enjoy" at this point.

Reminds me of their response to the DSH fiasco many weeks later with a 5% increase in the flame igniter drops. That was just as swell as this appears to be.
  15. Mysl Augur

After I re-read Roshen's post. What it sounds to me is they may be just going to increase the rewards you get in TDS. The nerfs they put in are here to stay.

I am going to wait. I hope I am wrong, but I am not going to hold my breath.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

I find his post encouraging - but will wait to see results before I auto-split any loot with SOE. :)
    -R
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Tual Augur

Yeah, I'm not all excited yet either, I'll stick with buying 1/3 for a while.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Nenton Augur

They put patches on Test first and can make changes to the Live patch based on feedback from the week. It's certainly within their power to revert these changes but will they put in the work required? Unlikely.

Which means HA flipping on Tuesday, suicides for RoF rewards and a cluster in the only two unlocked TDS zones.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. strongbus Augur

don't know if the can when under design lock of a new exp. it was said in the beta forums that after x date they don't have full rights to change anything without higher ups ok unless its a bug. But don't know if they could get the ok to change this or not.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

Lock schmock. :rolleyes:
    They have a very serious mutiny on their hands that's going to cost a LOT of money - now and in the future.
    One phone call will get the approval (or not) - hold the patch up a few hours (if need be) to back out the dreadful EXP and HA changes. It's easier to get it right, than to un-ring a bell.
    -R
    Lisandra, Mesc, Garshok and 1 other person like this.