Changes Promised for Heroic Adventures?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Melanippe, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Braggaa New Member

I am not getting my hopes up
    Still not going to buy my alts the expansion
    my guess is, it will be months before we see the new changes they are planning
    Hope i am wrong but we will see
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Coruth Augur

Im in same boat. Havent decided how many Exp I am buying. But I'm leaving 3-4-5 off.

If I don't see an annoucement of changes and a patch date, I wont buy.

Some point in future is good start. But not enough to buy atm
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. idej Augur

I won't buy it. I am not going to buy an expansion on promises sometime in the future it is going to be fixed. Look at the drops in HA's. They still haven't been fixed. Sorry Roshen but if they go live then I still won't purchase it.
  4. Saave Augur

I agree
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Randragon Augur

This all could have been avoided if they just listened to us early on in Beta.

But I have a sneaky suspicion they already knew the blowback from what was going to happen but because of their resources and the stealing of EQ money and talent to fund other games, they are using their perceived lack of caring for a 15 year old game as their business model moving forward.

The last several expansions have given clue to how SoE wants to do business. I would rather they just close down the servers on their Legacy Game instead of treating their most loyal customers as fools and dupes.

At least if they did it that way people may be more apt to segue to the next game. They really are screwing the pooch on how they are handling us, the paying customer.
    If they don't fix this soon they will find a Mutiny on The Bounty after The Darkened Sea.
  6. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

This, I can take it if they want it to end it. But quit treating us like fools, most of us have been very loyal to this game for a long time and it sucks to be treated like this.
    Shadva Del`Shai and Lisandra like this.
  7. Atvar Augur

Lets be serious, they purposefully put these changes in right at design lock with no warning. They've always hated players who leveled fast to 105, and nerfing all old exp was the best idea they could come up with to try to prevent it. The sad part is that it forces more people away from the new zones than brings them to TDS.
    beryon and Lisandra like this.
  8. Shogan Journeyman

I'm not for these changes either but i'm working as a software designer too and i've to give Roshen credit they can't change it if they still want (and i think they have too since its announced) to release it on tuesday. There's just not enough time to change such a thing and still make sure the release goes somewhat stable ....
  9. Kegwell Lurker since '99

They simply undo any changes related to implementing the nerf. How hard can it be to look at change logs and reverse the changes?
  10. Danille Augur

I am just about done with this game. The money SOE is allocating to EQ is woefully insufficient to even support the player base to be entertained for an entire year. First they release staggered content to slow their customers down. They they try to slow us down by adding in unrealistic lockout timers and lowering our experience.

They are knowingly forcing us into situations designed to slow us down, because they do not have the resources to properly keep the game running with new expansions. I feel really sad for the developers stuck between a rock and a hard place. The most talented developers who have ethics will probably be begging to be put on Landmark or EQN or find work at the competition so they can at least sleep at night. It must be painful to go to work every day knowing they are being set up for failure.
  11. idej Augur

Sorry the players need to let the powers to be know that there smoke and mirrors isn't going to work. When they fix the game, I will buy it. We are used to your broken promises. That in itself is pretty sad.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Losho New Member

They are just hoping that the uproar will die down after the new exp and they will not have to change any thing. Its there world they just let us rent it. its Sony's way or the highway.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

By right's we should not be giving this company money after the data breach as it is. They continue to operate in ways to tick off their playerbase just the same. Nerfs, bold faced lies about content - basically not providing us with expansions that are worth the money we are paying. The only reason more than half your customers I'd guess continue to put up with your garbage is their guilds and friends. Clean up your act Sony. This 16 year vet will have nothing to do with EQNext, not with your anti-customer behavior in recent years.
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's exactly the way I feel.
    I do not blame our Dev's. They have been painted into a corner by Sony to put out a years worth of "content" for an "old, dying, game" - with no money to do so. And they have to try to please two masters (Sony and Us). Much like Tolkien's Elves efforts to preserve their world - we are just fighting "the long defeat" to preserve ours.
    -Rat
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  15. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

ATTN DEVS

I have known Danille for years. He has been one of the most loyal SOE supporters that I know. He seems to always defend the Dev's and EQ when everyone else is piling on.

I know you folks think most of the people on here are the radical element. I think Danille's sentiments reflect the general feeling of the average player.

Seeing him on the cusp of giving up this game should be a BIG WAKEUP CALL.
    Someone there in San Diego should man up and send this thread to Tom T. and $medley.
  16. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

I too know Danille and share the view of his loyalty to EQ over the years.

I have over the years had as many as 8 active accounts, all gold with current expacs . Over the last couple of years I have been reducing that down to fewer and fewer commensurate with the release of poorer and poorer expansions. I currently have 3 active gold accounts with current expacs, and come Oct. 28 I will be down to just one (my raid account). And frankly, with the 5 + 2 raids being all there is in the new expac, I suspect my last account may go goodbye later in the year when I'm finally burned out with the tiny amount of raid content.

I think there will be quite a shock next week when accounting adds up the number of new expacs purchased. I, for one, yearn for the old days when I was running multiple accounts but simply cannot justify these large expenditures based upon what is being offered.

I hope you folks will recognize this as a positive post as it is meant to be delivered that way.
  17. Stewgottz Augur

Glad to hear the thread in sense heading was at least acknowledged.

Changes will be coming to my 3 gold accounts, though my credit card won't be available before the patch on Tuesday goes live ;)
  18. Reviled Elder

Supposedly we will hear some clarification regarding what the devs plan to do with the HAs, Lockouts, and rewards on Monday. So says Thom Terrazas.
  19. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Now we know why there wasn't pre orders..
  20. Fenudir Augur

What Roshen DIDN'T say is more important than what he did. Notice that he didn't say anything about the XP nerf. I fully expect it to come in full force.
    beryon likes this.