Changes on Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Because as a developer, they should know what goes on for the game they develop for? That's why.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  2. Edrick Augur

I don't play on FV but that's a reasonable response to player concerns, so thanks for listening. I hope others express their thanks.
  3. Draego Augur

@Trevor you can't overly blame a single Dev. for something that can slip past their attention. This is why the industry utilizes teams.... so in the long run it is a team failure, however the person primarily responsible for managing the Database should have caught this simple error a long time ago.

@Moklianne, however you raise a solid point about any of the Devs. having a character on that server. Again, it used to be a long time ago, you could not login to play on a single server without seeing at least one GM on each and every server. SOE has let the days of outstanding Customer Service go the way of a dead over beaten horse. IF there were still sufficient ingame CS in the way of GM's on every server this issue may have been caught alot sooner as well. I know GMs who used to go through the trouble of having performed the quests as a extra measure of QA for the game. It is so sad to see that the different sections of SOE no longer really co-operate with one another.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Anyone know the date of the the patch that makes these elixir's no trade?

Andarriel
  5. Shimmerleaf Augur

Patch was just announced for tonight
  6. Kolani Augur

Old potions will remain tradeable, new ones will be no trade.
  7. Trevor Elder

It wasn't "hush-hush", people posted about it on all forums since the beginning of being able to acquire them. Everyone on firiona vie knew about it, a lot of people off firiona knew about it. The only way a developer could not know something as known as that is if they aren't properly invested in their game. They had YEARS to glance at firiona just once, or even read one of the many previously mentioned forum posts. It's one of the most popularly traded items on the server and always on barters.

I don't play this game anymore, I don't care what happens to the potions. I just think their answer is inexcusable and you shouldn't accept it. It probably really is just a coordinated effort to push people into buying 85s, and who knows what else in the future.

I'd prefer if your higher ups were the one who noted it, but thanks for the unprofessional reply.
  8. Derd Augur

Thanks Prathun for being nice enough to not demean yourself and lower yourself to the level of a poster who outright accuses you of lying.
  9. Aghinem Augur

I really don't think there is any more reason to continue finger pointing. A solution has been reached and agreed upon, and that is the end of that. Pointing out flaws, strengths, and weakness of a team of developers or one single developer for that matter after the fact probably would be deserving of a new thread; being that it would no longer be constructive on this thread in particular.

That being said, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of replies I have read throughout the last few days and appreciate further the response by SoE applying a solution to this situation suggested by a few people on here. With that being said, cheers and safe hunting!
  10. alicard Elder

I am glad they were able to meet everyone half way on this. The only problem I can see now is the Dusty Scholarships will eventually be going for 1 million platinum. They are already going for over 100k now that this has been announced. But I guess you can't fix everything.
  11. Tobynn Augur

Don't understand the decision to leave all existing scholarships tradeable. Seems the point was clearly made that perma quad-exps was not intended. Allowing the vast number of existing scholarships to remain tradeable just perpetuates perma quad-exps and also enables the previous years' exploiters to continue profiting, in monumental fashion, from the sale of goods obtained via exploit in recent years.

Strange.
  12. ElectricSheep Journeyman

Oh my God...you people kill me. I know I will get called an apologist...but this is so far from a "cash grab". Some of you people sound like you need medication for your paranoia. Yeah, I know....flame away. But seriously......do you never listen to yourselves?
  13. Drathus Augur

100% exp bonus. It delivers x2 the normal exp, not x4. During double exp weekends, the additional exp is additive, I believe, giving the same bonus exp as if the double exp was not there (x2 + x1). The exp potions do not double the AA reward after the curve bonus is applied, but before. Unless you are comparing the exp gain to regular blue servers, who do not have a base server exp increase?

The potions exist. They are consumable and will eventually phase out. Making them no-trade would not destroy the potions. They would still be available for use by those that have them. The decision to make the new reward potion no-trade is a solution that protects individuals that are unaware of the original planned change, and those who have invested large amounts of platinum buying them.

I agree that the method of mass farming them from the quest was a borderline exploit, but there is no way to go back a specifically target those individuals. And even if there was, there has been so much drama surrounding these potions for so many years, that people simply assumed it was ok to do it.

The solution put in place isn't designed to protect those who exploited. It is designed to protect the general population of the server itself, who may be unaware of the change, or bought many millions of plat worth of potions to resell (/buyer - /trader). The potions have been used as a commodity on the server for many years, just like Kronos are now.

How would you feel if you had traded a bunch of raid gear for EXP potions before taking a break from the game, only to return with them stuck on a bazaar trader?
  14. Drathus Augur

They are a consumable commodity. Their value will never go above what someone is willing to pay for 5 hours of double exp. They were very popular to use while being PL'd by a swarmer, as it multiplied the already inflated exp increase. With swarming being nerfed, the double exp gain will normalize.

Yes, as the scholarship potions dwindle down they will increase in value, however, I seriously doubt one Scholarship potion would ever sell for x2 the price of a Krono.
  15. Trajet D'Or Augur

5 hours of XP on most servers, no Lesson, no Potion: 100%
    5 hours of XP on most servers, 2 Lessons, no Potion: 120%
    5 hours of XP on most servers, no Lesson, 1000sc Potion: 140%
    5 hours of XP on most servers, 2 Lessons, 1000sc Potion: 160%

5 hours of XP on FV, no Lesson, no Potion: 150%
    5 hours of XP on FV, 2 Lessons, no Potion: 170% (13% increase over FV baseline)
    5 hours of XP on FV, no Lesson, 1000sc Potion: 190% (27% increase)
    5 hours of XP on FV, 2 Lessons, 1000sc Potion: 210% (40% increase)
    5 hours of XP on FV, 2 Lessons and 8 doses of Dusty or 10 doses of Dusty: 250% (67% increase)
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

Let this thread be a lesson to those that say community input changes nothing.
    -R
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

[IMG]

Seriously. This isn't the real housewives of New Jersey. He is doing his job, how about you take a chill pill?

Those EXP potions never should've been tradeable. There was a reason they were no drop and limited to a single completion on all other servers. People doing them on level 1 throw away toons to make money was stupid.

I hate the cash shop just as much as anyone, but this change was needed. Good thing SC EXP potions are terrible and this won't increase sales at all though.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  18. Baragash New Member

We'll respect any decision you make but please be aware that this gives people who decide to play on test from FV an infinite supply of these potions on test compared to those who transfer to test from regular servers.

Any chance the devs would consider opening up (paid) transfers off FV to regular servers ? Massive requirement for doing AAs was the reason a lot of us moved that and that's largely redundant now ?
  19. Trajet D'Or Augur

"There was a reason they were no drop and limited to a single completion on all other servers."

There are dozens of quests that meet that criteria. All the information from the Devs suggests that the issue with Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship is the power of the item. When/if there is a known policy on all items that meet that criteria the collective player base will forward information to the Devs about which items don't match a clearly stated policy.
  20. laller Lorekeeper

weee more nerf no more lvling from 1 to 100 in a day