Changes on Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Aghinem Augur

Greetings,

So I heard through some chit chat on general chat that with the upcoming patch, Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship will be flagged as "NODROP" on Firiona Vie. I hope this is not true, and if it is - - why? I am really curious what purpose it serves to make that type of change when it has been part of FV for so many years. Again, I really hope this is just speculation and not really going to happen. :( :( :( :(
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

3. Edrick Augur

FV already gets an exp bonus, another infinite supply of exp bonuses via potions seems too much.

Plus, SOE will make more money on exp pots from the station store.
  4. Bardy Elder

What!!!! This is another example of changing something in game that has been there for years and isn't causing any problems!! I stopped playing EQ, but if I decided to come back, I would use these to help catch up a bit. Now I have to figure out which character to put them on?????? Can't you at least make the existing ones droppable?? Or make them tradeable within your account so you can use them for an alt??

Another reason to stay away from EQ. I have never seen so many netfs in this game then in the last couple years. It's just not fun anymore, it's all about selling their junk in the station store.
    silku likes this.
  5. Detra New Member

Good. That's how they make money. The elixirs are not needed, they were and are just a crutch that too many got used to.
    moogs and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  6. Septix New Member

You know, I get the swarming nerfs and your excuse of server performance vs the facts of incoming HC sales or player griefing, that's acceptable. However, to nerf the FV ruleset and kill these pots is starting to cross the line.

While you're at it, why don't you just nerf FV gear trading altogether since that gives alts an edge over buying heroic chars and Market xp pots - also, let us transfer off FV since rules we transferred here for are being removed.

Thanks
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Feradach Augur

Well that's a little over-dramatic. Instead of jumping straight to this, why not instead ask for an explanation for the change to the potions? If that doesn't satisfy you, then rage on.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Septix New Member

Over-dramatic? Not really. Dramatic? Yes. You might be a little dramatic too if you decided to move many chars/accounts to FV for the advantages it offers, only to have them removed. Changing our ruleset is fine, but let us transfer off in the process.

Also, yes I'll choose to rage. It feels better than accepting the expected dev response that these XP pots were never intended to be tradeable. They are good for our server, promote alt playing, keep plat cycling.
  9. Feradach Augur

One item has been changed. Saying that the ruleset itself is being changed is indeed over-dramatic.
    Moklianne and moogs like this.
  10. phraxasthereal Journeyman

Isn't the famous quote it always start with just one, before you know it everything is changed?? So far everything they are changing is pointing me to the direction of promoting their Heroic Characters, ie nerfing the PL'ing abilities, now on FV where having Exp Potions tradable made you play on that server knowing you would never be able to transfer off is being nerfed. So guess from now on instead of buying exp pots, ill just buy Heroic Characters opt in for the UF AAs, and have my 85 char sit in my grps and take a spot till hes ready to contribute to the group.

congratulations SOE you win, I will buy your Heroic Character, way to keep the game a float!! All while destroying things we have came costumed to.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dexar like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

FV offers many other advantages. It never actually offered unlimited double xp. Players abused the ruleset.The abuse is getting fixed.

If you actually moved 'many' chars to FV, it was not for the xp pots. Everybody knows very well why somebody would move multiple chars to that server. I doubt you'll find sympathy raging here.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  12. phraxasthereal Journeyman

Yea? Wait am I the only one that is use to seeing SKs swarm, Ranger HS, Berserker Decap, and in the case of FV, majority of the items being trade able including Exp Potions. If i was the only person that was accustomed to that, then i apologize and take what i said back, but if i wasn't which the thread with 2k+ post suggest i wasn't the only person then, yes came accustomed to.

Sorry tobynn maybe i used the wrong word originally, does this help you to understand my original point better??
  13. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I hadn't heard this, good see them trying to destroy a cornerstone of FV's economy as usual :)

Change happens, and we will all live with it, but this change is pointless and obviously just a cash grab stab in you in the night scenario. Guess it's time to sell off any extra's you got :)

Stuff like droppable Exp potions are some of the reasons why people even came here to begin with, why even have a different rules set for FV if you intend on just slowly changing it to a normal server?

Would also like to add if you aren't on FV, you have no reason to comment on changes to our server. Go back to your own server, thanks.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Septix like this.
  14. Septix New Member

I moved many chars to FV because I box and the xp curve (with pots included) were optimal for my goals playing as a boxer. I enjoy leveling alts with my box crew and their rule changes to redirect money to their market is just one of the many changes likely inbound to support their cause.

I'm not looking for sympathy, especially from someone with a skewed perspective that doesn't play on FV so leave your assumptions at the door. Just because FV offers people advantages doesn't mean that trading xp potions was abuse.

How long will you defend these changes that push profits but hurt subscriptions? Up until they close down the game no doubt.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Aeonblade like this.
  15. Tobynn Augur

I'm not concerned with whatever point you're trying to make ... I just thought maybe there was some Masquerade Ball to which I wasn't invited. I was a bit jealous~!
  16. Dexar Elder

You're right, and it's called "Incrementalism".

It's a very common tactic that's been used for many years. The individual or organization using it employes small stepping stone changes that the majority will accept, because it doesn't directly effect them. Over time everyone is effected, but it happens in pieces so there isn't ever a large outcry.

This is why the nerfs to nearly 1/3 of EQ classes on this upcoming patch are strange and generating so much anger. It wasn't a small enough change to fly under the radar.

Years ago I watched as an attempt was made to nerf Fading Memories into oblivion. The Bard community pushed back. It was a tough thing to stop, but we did it. I wished back then that more non-Bards had stood with us in the fight.

Even if these changes and other bad changes to come don't affect your class directly, please remember that eventually we all get hit with something.

SOE: If you turn the heat up too fast, the Froglok will just jump out of the boiling pot.

Dexar.
    Gyurika Godofwar, silku and Septix like this.
  17. Septix New Member

^^ This 1000x over, we all play the same game and maybe most of us don't deploy the right tact when voicing our concerns. This next patch hits the 'entire' community in one of the biggest ways ever as a step of what's to come and it's scary. This is the best MMO ever, and I wish we could stand together to keep it alive. I for one, am worried of curtains like Vanguard after a big final cash grab push.

Well said, sir.
    Petts and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. alicard Elder

I believe when they were talking about the server issues due to swarming etc. that this came up to look into during March 15-April 27th. People were creating level 1 characters and deleting them off the server at an alarming rate causing the server major issues during this time. I think this change was made to stop the server issues from happening during this time period.

Remember the scholarship quest has been complained about every year since it started. Now that they are looking at the server issues it has finally been addressed.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Trajet D'Or Augur

On a completely unrelated note, you can remove No Trade items from a Guild or Shared Bank with any character.
    Iila likes this.
  20. Detra New Member

It's most likely a cash grab. But that's a good thing. The game needs to make money for it to continue and grow. I'd rather lose out on some pleasantries than lose out on the game. It won't ruin anyone's gameplay to not be constantly at 200%<250%> xp gains. It will however increase revenue from sc options and the ever looming addition of HC toons.