Changes on Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Feb 14, 2014.

1. alicard Elder

Not sure if they are selling but potions are now going for the lowest of 175k and most are listed at 750k. So on day one they are around half to one and a half the price of Krono.
  2. Drathus Augur

Most are listed for 750,000pp??? One person put up their potions for 750K, they could have posted them for 2.1 million, it makes no difference. Potions will sell only if someone is willing to buy them.

I could list all 52 of my potions for 2.1 million right now and you could come back tomorrow saying exp potions are now listed at x4 the value of a Krono? What the potions are listed for really has no reflection on what people are willing to pay for them.

There are 25 potions listed for 175K each. Will they sell at 175K? Maybe . . . maybe not.

I have a buyer set up in /buyer mode offering 80K each and have bought 52 of them today. I could turn around and list them for 100K in /bazaar and make 25% profit . . . IF someone is willing to buy one for 100K. Right now I will put them in the guild bank until they are actually needed by myself or friends.

Typically, the buyers will re-list an item for 5 to 15% mark up. However in the case of the exp potions many are just banking them.

As I said before, they are a consumable commodity. However, right now, people do not know how many exist on the server or what players will be willing to pay for them. There are fluctuations in the price, because buyers are buying them up in the hopes that the price will eventually go up and they will make a profit. But if everyone are buying them to resell at a later date, then nobody will be actually using them up =P LOL

At the end of the day, the price will balance out. I'm guessing from the current buy price, that the sell price is going to settle around 125K to 150K. Later, down the road, it may go up at the supply runs dry.
  3. alicard Elder

My post said that most were priced at 750k and also said I don't know if they are selling any. Most were priced at 750k. I never said it was multiple people. I noticed the person that put them for 175k also put in some 5 charge and 8 charge potions mixed in with the 10 charge ones all priced at 175k. I can't believe someone would be that dishonest to try and trick someone in to paying that kind of plat for ones without full charges. People try and do that all the time, but not at these kind of prices.
  4. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

You really have to watch this, a lot of con artists are putting up half used potions for full price. The potions are selling easily for 175k at the moment, and the price will probably top out at around the price of 400-500k in a few weeks.

Simple really, it won't go above the price of a krono for a 10 charge potion.
  5. Caray Journeyman

How about making the quest repeatable as well for people that actually use these potions, and make them Heirloom? If the change is to keep people from using cheap methods for getting lots of the potions, you can eliminate that by allowing people to repeat the quest and give the potions to their own characters. As a casual player I really don't have the time to pour hours and hours into leveling, so being able to repeat this quest and stock up on these for my own personal use would be a nice option.

Or another idea I have is to keep them no drop, and add a way to recharge them. This would not only prevent people from repeating the quest over and over, but it would allow people to make better use of the potion. Maybe it's just me, but 10 charges on something that I can only get one time for a character seems pretty dull.

One more idea. How about you remove the potion completely. Instead, once the quest is finished it could give the player an AA ability similar to the Veteran AA Lesson of the Devoted. It could also have a one use per day limit like the Veteran AA. This method would completely stop the need to repeat the quest, while giving players what I think is a fair reward. I don't see how having two AA for gaining exp would be all that bad. It's a more fair option than limiting everyone to just 10 charges, but also not as overkill as having multiple potions that you can use repeatedly and use multiple times a day.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

4h of +50% XP is 1000sc

5h of +100% XP would likely be 2500sc

Officially 2500sc is $25 and it's $17 per Krono if you buy more than one at a time.
  7. Moklianne Augur

With every single item? And how the rules of one specific server affected one specific item? Oh please...

I think some of you are being pretty unreasonable on this topic and I am far from a cheerleader for the devs with how they have destroyed my playstyle recently (SK swarming, EQMac closing, etc).
  8. Trajet D'Or Augur

May 4th, 2010: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/firiona-vie-and-zek-feedback-needed.173619/

Aug 19th, 2010: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/firiona-vie-and-zek.177635/

Dec 1st, 2010: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/firiona-vie-and-zek.177635/page-14#post-2690601

3 months of feedback and discussions and they decide an XP boost on FV would be appropriate. Another 3 months later and they are still discussing the size of the XP boost for FV.

If the Dev team spent time discussing the size of the XP boost on FV and CEoS never came up it tells you everything you need to know. If it did come up then a deliberate decision was made not to change the quest or the resulting item. Some combination of new decision makers, higher FV server population and/or Heroic characters resulted in the change being made now.

Prathun was working on Free Realms at the time so likely wasn't part of those discussions and could qualify in the new decision maker category.
  9. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

It's not unreasonable to expect a developer to know what's going on inside their game. It's reasonable to expect them to know what's in their item database, which servers allow those items to be traded and those that don't allow trading (FV versus other servers).
  10. Moklianne Augur

Its more reasonable to expect items to fall through the cracks over the course of 20 expansions and 15 years and how they may still be existing and affecting the game today without research.
  11. ElectricSheep Journeyman