Can we get a more hardcore tlp server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Rothj Augur

Corpse runs, nerfed exp, nerfed combat spells/stats, no pick zones, no instanced raiding. More if it can be done, though I'm fine either way on things like maps. Tbh Agnarr is unrewarding to play on for me because there is no sense of accomplishment. I will still play there anyways because p99 is 10 years old.

I would be willing to pay 30 dollars a month for a server like this. The majority can play on agnarr, I don't care. The people that want to play there would stay.

In before "it's just tedium not actual difficulty, I dont know what I want, etc etc."
  2. AgentofChange Augur

It's not good enough to win, you need everyone else to lose too
  3. Aegir Augur

Set a goal that either you or you closest Enchanter friend is aiming to be first on Server getting Enchanter epic and feel the potential "rewarding" experience you are missing out on Agnarr.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. blood & gufts Augur

But there need to be a large amount of people that want that, to more than cover the expenses for that, and that I doubt there is.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  5. Tinytinker Augur

I think we have enough TLP servers and I have no interest in your idea. No maps and corpse runs are unfriendly to people with families and fulltime jobs. Hybrid exp penalties leave people feeling excluded and open world content brings out the worst in people. On P99 there is 24/7 lawyer questing over J-boot mobs, raids, and camps. I don't want to be subjected to the drama-mongering (which would spill onto the forums) and I don't want to see the Daybreak staff spend their time putting in hardcore mechanics and shutting down the call out threads.

I am sort of perplexed you are still here when you made a thread awhile ago about how the TLP servers weren't a good fit for you and you were thinking of quitting.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/unable-to-enjoy-tlp.231163/

Miss_Jackie and andross77 like this.
  6. squidgod Augur

A lot of what you suggest has been shot down by DBG in the past, since they are shared across all servers and the functionality can't be made TLP-only.

Or at least that's their excuse.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Not happening
  8. Risiko Augur

Start your own , and go for it.
  9. NoWay Augur

Hardecore, get in a pug group with 5 p99ers, that's hardcore trying to cc when the enchanters don't mez or charm. That's just one example , learn the existing game before you demand harder content.
    Bobbybick and Talladore like this.
  10. CasualOfFilth New Member

Having no '/pick' would be awful if it had a population that's even close to Agnarr's. People complain about intentional trains and camping now, just imagine if there was only 1 instance of lguk.

Keep in mind that the populations of these TLP Servers are likely greater than what most live servers had even around PoP. Now you want to cram all these players into two continents for a period of months?
  11. Rothj Augur

You do realize the actual player skill is much higher on p99 right? On that server you basically never run into extremely incompetent players where as on here that's the norm.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

I keep hearing that but have yet to actually see it. The ones i have run into, who are self-admitted P99 players, have been equally as bad as the average player.
    NoWay, Bobbybick and Talladore like this.
  13. Rothj Augur

This is literally easy mode eq. I'm confused why players here would be better. On p99 people just don't generally do stupid stuff as much as they do here.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

You are saying P99 players are better than players here. I am not saying players here are better, i am saying they are equally bad...and some equally good. I have seen the same stupid stuff from P99ers that i expect to see from other people: not knowing their class, not know their camp, running through see invis mobs and causing trains and wipe, backing into aggro range of mobs behind in a camp, etc. Saying this is literally easy mode EQ is silly, EQ has never been hard once you understand the simple mechanics behind the game, be it solo, group or raid. I found P99 to be no more difficult, just took longer to level.
    Tinytinker and Talladore like this.
  15. Tinytinker Augur

I think Reht did a good job of describing how you can find equally good and equally bad players on both servers.

I also don't think a hardcore server should be made for someone who can't seem to decide whether he wants to play on the TLP servers or on P99. My suggestion to OP would be find yourself a slow leveling guild or make friends with some roleplayers for your immersion fix.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/unable-to-enjoy-tlp.231163/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...g-back-to-p99-after-pick-change-today.222834/
  16. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

Majority of p99 players (that have said they were from p99) have been pretty bad in my experience.
    NoWay likes this.
  17. Nuther Augur

Phinny players are ten times better than P99 players. Its as if P99ers are playing a completely different game.
    NoWay likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

OK
  19. Cendien New Member

Fippy was basically this, wasn't it?
  20. Zansobar Augur

Why don't you just go play on P99?