Can we get a more hardcore tlp server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Ootax Augur

Fippy didn't have corpse runs, it was voted down.
    As for p99 players being better than players here, I would say both have good and bad players. It's not like p99 is some ultra hard mode or anything. The game in general is pretty easy regardless of where you play because it's be done over and over and over.
  2. Tinytinker Augur

He doesn't like playing on P99 because he says it frustrates him and makes him feel stressed, but he wants Daybreak to create a P99 server for him lol.
  3. nostalgicfool Augur

This does not bring difficulty, if you want to PVP there are ton of games for kids, like this popular and stupid zombie game that is the current flagship of DBG.
  4. Gemini Syringes Augur

How about instead, we make a new forum where people who want to play the worst versions of all available video games can congregate and share their absolutely horrendous ideas together without outside interference.

Some additional ideas:

• Pac-Mac with no mouth
    • Unreal Tournament with 180,000 square mile 2v2 map
    • Super Mario Brothers with all underwater levels
    • Rocket League with only 1988 Mercury Tracers
    • GTA 5 set in a Salt Lake City suburb
  5. Old Man Elder

My ideal TLP server would cap connectivity at 28.8K, require a CRT monitor to play, and make me 18 again. $30/mo
    Punchu likes this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Screw the rest of it the 18 thing rocks!
    Wouldn't be wasting my time on EQ for sure LOL
  7. Aurastrider Augur

You could simulate your own corpse run, delevel yourself if your progressing to fast and avoid all zones with any bonus xp. Play a class you are not familiar with (assuming you don't know them all), load lower level spells if your playing a caster and use less powerful weapons if playing melee. There are things you can do to make the game more challenging but I assume you are just going with the flow.
    Rhodz likes this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Heh I love logical thinking. Won't say any more than that.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  9. NoWay Augur

lol
  10. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

You could.. ya know.. go back to P99? Since ya know.. their skill is so much better than live players. :rolleyes:
    Tinytinker and NoWay like this.
  11. Tinytinker Augur

Roth, might I suggest changing your attitude? Telling people P99 players are more skilled and making drama threads called Train Anyone You See: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-from-twisted-legacy-on-either-server.223221/ isn't going to make people sympathetic to your cause or listen to you. They are just going to tune you out.

Here's my advice if you want to feel accomplished:
    1) Put together non-optimal groups. Then, hunt in the hardest zones or do the hardest instances. i.e. Tipt mission in GOD, Plane of Water group in POP.
    2) Use as few ports as possible. Run everywhere you have to go.
    3) Try to kill difficult boss mobs with as few people as possible. i.e. Lhranc when epics come out on Agnarr.
    4) Try to be the first to solve quests no one else has finished.
    5) Do long, time consuming quests. Aid Grimel when you're in POP. BIC when you're in GoD.
    6) If you're into trade skilling, choose difficult skill up routes. There was a person on EQtraders who made baking challenging by roleplaying a vegetarian baker. http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?11713-Vegetarian-skill-ups
    7) Be friendly. Buff people, offer ports, surprise newbies with new gear. It won't make the game harder, but it will feel more rewarding.
    8) Play a challenging class.
    9) Make it a goal to play every different class out there and get their epics.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  12. Ultrazen Augur

Having no /pick would probably work out on a server like that, as there would be about 100 people on it.