Can We Focus on the Real Issues Guys?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paydro, May 24, 2015.

1. Lejaun Augur

Curious, where did you get this idea from?
  2. Ishbu Augur

Stop, this is not a real issue like your thread states.

EQ was designed to be contested. You will have to sit in a corner of a popular zone like uguk killing 2 spawns because everything else is camped while the server is new and 95% of the population are in the same level range.

It will even out over time like all other servers every in the history of man for EQ. Please stop whining. If you want no population, come back to this server when its been out a year and play one one of the many others for levels 1-50 using only classic zones until then.

If you want to be in from the begining for a brand new server, which I assume you do since you are playing on Ragefire, then this is what you signed up for.
  3. Paydro Journeyman

EQ was designed with server limits on population in mind, as evidenced by their being multiple EQ servers. The cap where population used to be an issue was around 2000. We are at well over 4000.

Based on the prior two servers, which I played on, I signed up for a server where population issues were handled. Combine got Sleeper to deal with too many people. Fippy got Vulak to deal with too many people. If there is not going to be a Lockjaw, I want to know how we are going to deal with too many people this time around, which there clearly are.
    Tronk likes this.
  4. Ishbu Augur

And in the end those servers became garbage. We are trying to avoid that. In human history we have learned from our mistakes and moved foward as a whole. Quit trying to argue we should make the same mistakes as the past.
    CocoaNut likes this.
  5. Draden Elder

The same mistakes as the past, the mistake was not opening the 2nd server AT THE SAME TIME as the first. They already foo bared this one up. This server will have the same fate as fippy, eventually, you are delusional to think otherwise. In fact, these problems will probably cause it to get to the underpopulated state even quicker.

I guess we can try again in another year when they release the next server because this one is a ghost town, just like the previous tries.
  6. Ishbu Augur

So in your own words "They already foo bared this one up."

Your suggestion is to try and make matters worse then by spiraling down the wrong hole?

Nevermind, you are irrational and dont get it. Its been 4 years since Fippy was launched but you somehow think you know the future and that this is a yearly try. Clearly you are just a troll and thus why your suggestions are going to be ignored.
  7. Paydro Journeyman

I'm not arguing for a second server, I'm arguing for expansion of the multi-zoning that most newbie zones have, which seems to be working well for the most part.
  8. Rykard Augur

Sure wish we could bring those people to the other servers. It would be so much fun to have that issue.

Rykard
    CocoaNut likes this.
  9. Ludicrus New Member

Welcome to OLD EQ, we requested maximum nostalgia and ........................WE GOT IT!!! ( the worst of it).
    Players training others to get camps, camp hogs, players stealing camps by claiming you trained them out of the camp, name calling, etc etc etc and much worse now with Nagafen being defeated in just a couple of days???
    Get ready for Epic mobs to be camped 24/7, raid mobs also, I'm just a casual player, not one of these 24 hour types who has no life ( or job either apparently), but the rudeness is there.

The only thing they did right that I see so far is the lower zones have multiple instances , so if I run across a bunch of idiots, I can always move to another less populated instance. However that will only last so long, I'm bound to run into them again later on.

Also don't forget that there is an actual money economy that uses EQ, so a lot players you see getting high levels quick are going to be the future plat farmers for this server, and if you don't believe me, I have some cheap swamp land in the Everglades you might like to buy..
  10. Draden Elder

Thats interesting, because i didn't suggest anything. Sure open a second server, or don't, I don't think it will matter either way.
  11. EqEqEq Elder

Yep hit lvl 15 and basically every place is on lock down even at 3 am. They need to load balance EVER zone right now, and make dungeons on a 10-15 minute timer after you choose your first /pickzone. If they are so worried about nag/vox then don't load balance those zones, but come on guys there is a difference between contested and congested.
  12. Uxtalzon Augur

The issues as I see it:

- Misleading claims that the server is "maximum nostalgia" and gave no one an "unfair advantage", then a huge list of "not balancing this, not fixing that" to the obvious contrary.

- Class balance is so out of whack that it was blatantly advertised by developers before launch. You can't blame players for taking the easy route when it's basically given as a giant green flag. What a Magician can accomplish in a few days will take me a few weeks playing my class, and that's if I decide to use my Deepwater Harpoon.

- Not instancing low-to-mid level zones is destroying my will to play. I can go to six different Qeynos instances which helped immensely, but now that I'm over level 5, I can't find a single gnoll in Blackburrow to kill because there's only one zone. There are more players in the zone than there are mobs. I was only hoping to make it to the teens so I'd be able to kill bandits and earn enough to skill up and make armor for newbies... instead I'm sitting around, looking for a single mob to kill. I've yet to find a group due to over-saturation and other classes being a far better choice over mine.

- Couldn't even go back to the old zones. Horrible zone designs, which changed/broke quests, NPCs, and mob factions. Lions, bears, and wolves (oh my) don't con threatening like they used to. I would've played just for the reason of being in the old zones again.

- Server population cap fiasco. I applaud them for fixing it by kicking AFK players and making a queue in short order (that was damn quick by normal standards!), but the initial unpreparedness just gave that much more of an advantage to others who got in (call it unfair if you will). Even now though, I may not get in for a while if I tried. This wouldn't be such a big problem if the server wasn't pay-to-play.

- Some stuff that should not be in-game is still there, like translocators and some newbie armor NPCs. The final armor combines don't work, though... I've tried. :3

- Old quest bugs that didn't exist yet in 1999 but at some point happened and were never fixed even today.

- Trainers, botters, etc... pretty callous and out in the open in the newbie areas, but I expected as much. Daybreak first wants their monthly subs and THEN they can go and ban suspend them for a few days. But unlike beginner zones, what about important targets and named? I have a feeling the sodium levels will exceed critical levels once casuals find certain areas completely dominated by automated players.
  13. Tronk Augur

You had me with most of your points about nostalgia, until you also complained about trainers and botters, both of which existed since early EQ. Seems like you want this, and don't want that ... but then it all just drops down to personal preference.
  14. Myrnyyk Journeyman

Too bad it was only some of us. You'd think they'd have learned lessons from progression 2.0.
  15. Stigmas Elder

Why do people keep going on about this? Do you think classes were balanced in 1999? No they weren't and guess what Mage was extremely OP. That is why they got nothing in kunark and vel.
    CocoaNut likes this.
  16. Aiona Augur

Mages used to feel under powered when the first several expansions originally launched. They pleaded to be "beefed up" a bit and they finally got it, and have been what many people call "OP" ever since - they put in their time, earning the awesome 'power' that they have now. Good for them. :)
  17. Vanrau Augur

They really didn't plan this server out from a design point, either that or they didn't expect such a large turn out. Ya once newbies leave the newbie zones, there isn't anymore load balanced zones so overcrowding becomes a big issue.
  18. Nolrog Augur

I haven't quite gotten there yet, too much stuff to do at home, but I think the OP makes a very valid point. Though I am not if there would be an issue with loot coming into the world too fast if they started instancing higher level zones, which I think is the reason they aren't included yet.
  19. demigod Journeyman

Solution : New server with a player cap half the size of Ragefire and only allow 1 character creation per account. That way the player base on each server is close and Ragefire won't die off with people jumping ship.

Within another week or so DB will get a ton of petitions due to Guk being overflow and people will train each other left and right. Mage Boxers are going to own all the camps, just you watch! So why not either make another server or allow every zone to have 1 instance to save yourselves the headaches? Mark my words, this server will be a clusterf*ck with so many people and not enough content.