Can We Focus on the Real Issues Guys?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paydro, May 24, 2015.

1. Paydro Journeyman

We all knew that naggy and vox would be down within a few days. We knew it wouldn't be a balanced raid doing it. There's no point in complaining, they received a grats from Roshen, everything is working as intended. It is disheartening, though, that there are players that were able to get that done, while others are waiting in 45 minute lines to play, and then having nothing to kill when they get in.

The issue the server is currently facing actually concerns the other >99% of the players. Last night I was in instance 12 of the Commonlands. I zoned into Befallen and no mobs were up. I decided to try Crushbone, so I ran through instance 11 of Greater Faydark, and got to Crushbone to find no mobs up.

In his live stream, Roshen mentioned that there are "1000's of other players on the server." Where are these players supposed to go once they outgrow the newbie zones? Upper Guk was also devoid of mobs when I tried. Should I just go stand on a spawn point and be happy with my one mob per 20 minutes?

In the old days, 2000 players was enough to justify a new server. Holly said we're way beyond 4000. Can we seriously talk about expanding multi-zoning one or two tiers, or talk about other solutions to the overpopulation issues that are very real, and currently affecting thousands of paying customers?
  2. Hateseeker Augur

This is indeed the true issue. I mean, it's just logic, right? If contested content was this great thing from early EQ, then the more people contesting it the greater and more fun it is!

Right?
    Iila and Deadlyne like this.
  3. Stigmas Elder

Don't expect to level in popular dungeon spots right now. Outdoor areas are much better like nro/sro and common lands.
  4. Paydro Journeyman

"Oasis" was pretty crowded when I ran through to look at Guk, but I did manage to kill a few caimans. But what about when the 500+ players in all the Faydarks, and the 500+ players in all the Commonlands need somewhere to go? That's 1000+ players who will get to level 10 or 15 (if they're more patient than I am), and then have nothing to kill. Just send em to Ro? Just so I'm clear, are you saying there isn't a problem?
  5. Stigmas Elder

I don't know about the rest of the zones, but I have not had a problem in nro/sro. It is obviously more crowded then a normal leveling experience, but I was able to find a mob to kill about ever 30sec-minute.
  6. Elkay Augur

My biggest concern are the raid targets. With a population like this, most people wanting to do the oldschool raids may never even be able to be part of a raid on one of them before the next expansion drops. DBG said it would be up to us to manage a fair schedule for the raid targets, but how can you ever possibly put together a schedule for the potentially 500+ people that would like to end-game raid on this server? Not to mention, most classes aren't even needed (or won't be desired) beyond a tank, some healers and a mosh pit of mages.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

If the server had a rotation that includes everyone ultimately capable of doing the raids, people would have a time between raid kill measured in months, not days or weeks.

And without one, the rich will get richer and the poor poorer, no matter how many raid-capable guilds there are, the best most can hope for is to show up and plink 5% DPS at it.
    Elkay likes this.
  8. Elkay Augur

Yep. The server is going to go toxic very, very quickly.
  9. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

I agree! contested content is fun and engaging but this game wasn't designed for that many players to be crammed into them. It's causing a lot of arguments and negativity among the player base.. and most of us are a player base that have played since the early days and are usually mature and helpful to others. This is just causing unnessecary competition in a game where people are normally pretty helpful to others
  10. Drathos_BotS Elder

I don't understand... We want old school servers with old school rules.. racing to mobs.. open content ... then its a problem when you get what you want... I'm boggled by this. I look to the gool old days with maybe nostalgic bias but the good is mobs were up in open zones... the bad mobs were up in open zones..The Rathe came up with a rotation and it was about a month and worked fairly well. So as long as you can all work to compromise then your contested content can be resolved in a fair manner.
  11. Paydro Journeyman

An old school server was crowded with 2000 players that were spread from 1 - 50. Ragefire is the most populated server in EQ history, and the majority are in the 1-30 range. It is undeniably too crowded and causing issues for the players.
  12. Stigmas Elder

At this point I think we should just roll with it because it is very difficult to tell where the population will be in a month or even just next week end when people stop putting this game as their week end priority.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Don't confuse people wanting an old school environment to it with a community that was far more courteous to racing to down the raid target and there were far less people were powerleveling like we've seen the first couple of days here.

I can care less about the dragons. They are fun to kill, but I've done it solo, so its no longer impressive to me. The nostalgia that people are wanting is comprised of a strong and friendly community where people were as eager to help themselves than they are themselves. We didn't see 6-man crews ran by one person dominating group content flooding the game or people afraid to log off less they risk not getting back on.
  14. Ducreux Augur

Welcome to the party, this is why some of us asked for Kunark at launch.
    Indrigoth and Adrienna like this.
  15. Lejaun Augur

Also, with the ease at which Naggy can be killed, how much of a rotation are you expecting to see? This isn't classic Everquest that required a full raid (who weren't even in raid mode as it wasn't created yet) to take down dragons. This is a new Everquest where a boxed crew can take down dragons. Considering the number of mage box crews I've seen, how willing are TL and others going to be to get in a rotation?

I'm guessing they aren't. It will be a KSing DPS race for anyone wishing to kill Naggy.
  16. Nizumzen Journeyman

This is one of the reasons why I'm not pushing to level too fast. I reckon if it takes me 2 months to reach level 50 the power levellers will be way ahead of me and I'll reach mid level content by the time everyone is screaming for the release of Kunark because there is not enough classic content for them.

Plus I'll be able to buy raid loot dropped from the raid mobs with Krono by the time prices have come down a bit :).
  17. Asiema Elder

All i know is by the time us "Casual" players are in our 20's and 30's everyone else on this server as it appears will be fighting over 40+ and 50 lvl areas and raid mobs. So for us casual players, the current issue of lack of mobs for beyond newbie zones will quickly burn out. You also all seem to forget its only been working SOMEWHAT for a few days and sooooooo many people are 20+...everyone here in a month will be 50...that'll free up 80% of Classic ;p.

As far as gear drops and raid bosses...yeah...that'll only gets worse in a month when everyone is 50 and nothing to do but try to camp those things.
  18. CocoaNut Elder

Something I noticed about the people complaining is that they seem to be very solo-focused.

Try to find a group. EQ is better in a group.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  19. Xara_NC New Member

Nice in theory but, what do you think those 80% or people sitting at 50 are going to do with the dungeons perma camped? Roll alts and block up your mid level zones again.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  20. Lemuelbaruch Elder

pretty much this, I was running my troll shaman from grobb and there are many many places to lvl in outdoor zones.

While yes alot of the good xp places are indoors but they really arent anymore with so many people. We need to just look for other spots