Call of the Forsaken NDA Lifted, Discuss

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Feradach Augur

I believe the heroic adventures are targeted for the 95-100 crowd. If that's true, it's incredibly disappointing.
  2. Eckish Lorekeeper

Doh. Do we know if these items will be on mob loot tables competing with normal drops? Or part of the currency system or something else?
  3. Perplexed Augur

That was the most surprising and disappointing part of my Beta experience this time.
    I didn't see any response or discussion to my classes AA questions either.
    I don't think the 1 baking recipe everyone had trouble with ever got acknowledged or answered either.
    I am trying to be optimistic about release, but its not easy when I compare past Beta experience.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

5 spells each? Maybe 4 I forget all useless across the board, a few hundred in aa mystic attuning/stat/hp few misc class aa's, merc aa's are not game changing ad VERY slow to get. All progression is linked together as of right now. Meaning every one has to start at the same spot(let the race begin)
  5. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

How many people were let go from EQ team? I want to know if this expansion is worth getting.
  6. Leerah Augur

Do more with less. Squeeze the last drop of blood from your employees and consumers. That's the corporate philosophy of the '10s.
  7. Kamea Augur

Trust me, that isn't the case.

You're paying $40 for 1 tier of content, 'meh' spells/discs and AA's, and incredibly unneeded changes like a massive fiddling with mouse sensitivity.

ROF didn't live up to the promise of staggered content. The quality of sof/t3 and hof/t4 was below that of t3 and t4 in VOA and HOT, and sof/t3 was also much smaller than a t3 usually is. After ROF, it's hard to go on faith that CotF will get full quality t2-t4.
  8. Riou EQResource

95-100, they are tuned for 2 players + 2 mercs at a minimum, if you are good at your class and appropriately geared well, or 3 players + 3 mercs for average geared/played people.

They can take anywhere from 30 minutes to like 2-3 hrs.

You get currency on win to buy gear and spells (though spells also drop outside of it), the spells from currency are no trade the spells outside are trade-able, currency is no trade, merc gear is bought with this currency. Rares also exist inside of them that drop the same gear you can buy with currency.

Fun? Dunno, they are basically all linear kill fests, at least you move through them instead of camping in one spot :p.

Merc gear is bought with Heroic Adventure Currency.

If you want to see Spells (and some AA, feel free to add more :p) check out stuff in https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/cotf-spells-aa.203782/
  9. Genadine Elder

AA are Blergh

General

Combat Agility 4 more ranks

Combat Stability 5 more ranks

General Sturdiness 5 more ranks

Identify 1 rank replaces the spell that no one uses

Mystical Attuning 2 more ranks

Planar Agility 5 more ranks

Planar Charisma 5 more ranks

Planar Dexterity 5 more ranks

Planar Inteligence 5 more ranks

PlanarStamina 5 more ranks

Planar Strength 5 more ranks

Planar Wisdom 5 more ranks

Thats what I get as a Paladin I think that Bind now becomes another pointless AA

Archtype

Enhanced Aggression 4 more ranks

Expansive Mind 3 more ranks

Mental Clarity 3 more ranks

Mental Stamina 3 more ranks

Pure Casters and pet classes get more here but is al follows the same vein more of what you have over anything new.

Class

Armor of the Inquisitor 3 more ranks

Beacon of the Righteous 1 more rank

Disruptive Persecution 1 more rank

Glorious Reflection NEW 3 ranks

Helix of the Undying 1 more rank (slow nerfed from 70 to 55%)

Inquisitor's Judgement 3 more ranks

Lay on Hands 1 more rank

Quickened Demand For Honor 2 more ranks

Vicious Smash 3 more ranks

Yaulp 1 more rank

------------------------

Spells

Even bigger pile of garbage there are a total of maximum 5 (FIVE) spells for any class in the expn

Bard 3
    BeastLord 3
    Berserker 3
    Cleric 3
    Druid 3
    Enchanter 4
    Magician 4
    Monk 3
    Necromancer 4
    Paladin 3
    Ranger 4
    Rogue 3
    ShadowKnight 3
    Shaman 3
    Warrior 3
    Wizard 5

Tuning is still happening or rather tuning has just started.
    SirLord likes this.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

So, we will have to pay another $40 for T2? No, we won't. It's all included.
    SoF T3 was excellent. The only minor issue with it was that a few of the named should not have been included in the group-level achievements, but I am really pleased that they're there.

It amazes me that so many people who spend tons of hours on this game that costs so little are talking about leaving. Silly.
  11. serverhelper Journeyman

You guys are funny, a long time ago I said this expansion was garbage and people scuffed at me. Slow release aside, I was asking "What is included in the WHOLE expansion?" and people scuffed at me again. So now they release the 1st part of the WHOLE expansion and people are all up in arms... SLAY THE BEAST. What gives?
  12. fransisco Augur

1 Enchanter spell seems kinda cool.
    Its a lower damage spell (5.6k base) that gives 800 mana to each person in the group. Its fast casting too
  13. Zorasis Lorekeeper

What to say - you are just special. Most of us didnt know what the expansion included until we got into beta. I dont know how you knew this long ago, but all power to you.
  14. Genadine Elder

In some small part not all 100% the fault of the devs, they had their numbers reduced mid Beta so those that are left have more to do hence the 2 week extn of Beta, it really isnt ready atm.

that being said maybe they need to stop re inventing the wheel and trying to come up with some new Gimic each Expn, I'd lay my mortgage payment on the line and say people would prefer 4 or 5 zones per tier of quality work with working quests / tasks / missions. 1 or 2 raids per zone and forget merc armour, LDoN 2 which isnt anything like LDoN.

Have interns (if they exist) doing the mind numbing boring tasks like name gear, spells etc
  15. Toquillaw Augur

It seems to me that the system is becoming more and more of an extended beta test with pieces of expansions released over the course of a year but charged at release of the first installment.

I think SOE should consider another system, such as a platinum status (which can coexist with FTP/Silver/Gold) and has some perks. You pay $40, and for the next year you get access to whatever content is released (permanently, so if you drop platinum you just get no further content). And they should add other perks to it, perhaps another 2 character slots, and/or an additional veteran-enabled character.

Or (as in, your choice) offer the ability to buy each expansion segment (4 or whatever per year) for a Krono, which makes it more expensive if you buy all but lets you decide if you want all pieces of the expansion.

Frankly, I would probably still go with the first option, but it's nice to have a choice (especially when we have to pay up front for something with a loose timeline and little info about what will eventually be included).
  16. Axxius Augur

Both. Some named in Beta seemed to always drop merc items, as well as player group armor. And all merc items are sold on the vendor for the Heroic Adventure currency.
  17. Nenton Augur

They're basically making it an easy choice. Pay $40 + subscription to get 4 zones and either stagnation or nerfs depending on your class, zero or minimal new AA's, useless spells.

Come back in 9 months when the rest of the expansion has been released and see if it's worth your money then. This delayed content release with zero information on what you're going to get is garbage.

I want to keep playing this game but I don't think I can continue to support the way they're going about this. They've gotten themselves in this situation where they're constantly developing the current expansion and the result is they're putting out way worse content than when they were spending the second half of their development year cycle creating full expansions.

Presumably they're making more subscription money this way but at what cost to the game and for how long are people going to buy into this release method? RoF at least gave the illusion of a decent amount of content at release. T3 was alright but small and T4 was garbage. First part of CotF T1 is small. Where does it go from here?
    silku and Montag like this.
  18. fransisco Augur

well, aside from the sky is falling, I think the new stuff could be interesting.

Look at it this way: with only t1 released, it will be very easy for them to address discrepancies later in later tiers
  19. Genadine Elder

Well T1 is actually only half of T1 as their are only 2 Tiers of Gear, so T1 has some and T2 has some more and that completes T1 gear, then T3 comes out with new Gear replacing the T1 stuff and T4 will replace the T2 stuff...
  20. fortuneteller Augur

Weirdly enough, I expect to get all the stuff when I pay for it, not expecting to get it 6 months later.

The quality of this is below low. There is only lines of old powers, nothing that requires creativity.
    I believe that the average of the dps this expansion will be slightly lower than it was at the end of RoF.
    There been rather drastic nerfing going round the classes, nothing mentioned nothing forgotten.
    Is there anything to recommend the expansion? Nothing really.

Halfway during the beta the crew got reduced, not really sure if there would have been more if that had not happened