Bonus XP: Friday, Sept 25 - Thursday, Oct 1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Fizzles New Member

Is Falmonious Awol on any other servers? Can't request "This can't be good" as he is missing on Bristlebane.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Does this bonus only work at night time (game time)?
  3. Silv Augur

Anyone confirm the approx. amount of XP bonus? I've seen 10% thrown around a bit.

ps. Which if it is the case [10%], then even more lulz @ TLP complaining about not getting "double xp" as most of the threads claim.
  4. Agrippa Augur

I'm playing on Lockjaw while waiting on new content on the real servers. You'd be surprised how many there buy the weak experience potions available there and try to rush through everything. I'd love the option to level slower or not at all on any server of my choice. As it is on live servers, you can't crawl through a dungeon one time or camp an item before you'd out level the zones. It's a nice change of pace for me to be able to spend time in older places when I'm not getting new levels within minutes of each other. If the folk trying to rush everything don't have their way, Lockjaw will be classic for six months at least. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm nowhere near being best in slot for everything, maxed tradeskills (within reason), maxed ally faction with all workable factions, and having anywhere close to all of the quests I want knock out...on one character even.
  5. Bartoss Journeyman

The actual percent shouldn't matter to you since you appear to play on TLP based on all of your posts in their forums.
    I'd also like to go back to my previous post about it not being about the actual experience bonus, but instead point to it being the principle of the matter. Excluded from one fall event will more than likely mean excluded from ALL fall events.
  6. Barbwarrior Augur

10% if even might be 5%
  7. Sn00ps Journeyman

Everquest has been running all these years without the TLP servers and will continue long after the TLP are dead. The reason TLP servers didn't get XP bonus is probably because it defeats the purpose of a TLP server, right?
  8. Darafel Journeyman

I was really excited to hear about the bonus xp thinking it was going to be double. Was gonna work on my 59 Ranger. But knowing its only around 10% isn't really entincing so I won't bother. I did wonder why (when double xp weekends were announced as having double xp) the amount wasn't advertised this time. Announcing a 10% bonus from a PR perspective looks embarrassing and stingy, so I see why they purposely didn't disclose the amount.
  9. p2aa Augur

OK so let's say each TLP server has 4 x the gold players population of one live server (FTP account stand for a minority of players that play the game actively), that makes it worth 8 live servers for 2 TLP servers. As there is 12 live servers, who is blowing out TLP servers ?
    Also, when the new expansion comes live and when the next no box server comes live, let's talk back about the TLP population versus live servers.

I don't understand the jinx on TLP server about xp bonus, isn't the goal of TLP server to relive at your own pace the original content , locked for a few months ? You don't need xp bonus to rush it faster.
  10. Shogan Journeyman

it's a bit more then 10% ....
    without bonus XP (inkl. lesson) 31.5 AA for task; with bonus XP (incl. lesson) 39 AA so it's about 20-25%
  11. Swiss Augur

Just throwing my numbers in, I was getting 17 AA for an HA a couple days ago on my alt and now get 20.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am not sure why they make it a mystery.
  13. Deadman New Member

what he fails to realize is the majority of the people on the TLP servers are actual live players that have been so bored with the lack of content from the TDS expansion
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zarakii like this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Note as i thought about this more, I am really neutral on this, I play on both styles of severs and really just want to correct miss-information here.

Progression servers have been around for 2/3's the life of EQ, the first ones appeared in 2005 and are still here 10 years later with more new ones already planned. The original progression servers were folded into live servers so technically they are still here. They are not a flash in the pan.

and i would agree with your last sentence except the TLP server's already got double exp over the long weekend, so that theory is proven incorrect.
  15. beryon Augur

...Where'd you get 2005 from? The first Progression server was Fippy, which launched in 2011.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

I don't recall any progression servers being released during DoN/DoDH.

Considering how the double exp and these "fall events" are for the release of the new expansion, I don't see why TLP would get them. There aren't going to be many true TLP people buying the expansion. That's something live servers are exclusively going to be buying. You know, the servers that don't make any money for DBG?
  17. p2aa Augur

I came back in the game with the first progression server, which was The Combine, and another server released after The Sleeper. It was end of June 2006.
    Fippy isn't the first progression server in EQ.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There were no double XP events at all until DoDh era; that is why Progression is left out. You have to unlock such features.
  19. Numiko Augur

Sorry was off by one year, The Combine and the Sleeper were launched on June 28th 2006.
    Sleeper was merged with the Combine about a year later, and Combine was eventually merged with Druzzil Ro several years later on.
  20. Numiko Augur

I would agree with you except the progression server got double exp over the labour day long weekend.. so obviously the feature is "unlocked"