bonus xp calc?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Aug 12, 2016.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

150% bonus xp in terms of eq math is ?

Does that mean a kill worth 100xp initially = 150xp or 250xp?
    I'm guessing it's the 50 extra xp... just 150% = marketing slogan?
  2. RadarX Augur

You are getting 50% more experience than usual.
  3. Fiido Missalot New Member

4. Gremin Augur

Less then 4th as that was 176% total.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Such an odd way of phrasing bonus experience.... I got excited then realized that 150% bonus exp was 50% and not a major bonus... oh well.
  6. GrugSA Augur

150% bonus is 100%(normal)+150%(bonus)= 250%
    150% is what they said. But they're currently only giving us 50% bonus. DBG going back on their word shocker!

7. Nolrog Augur

They aren't going back on any word. It was poorly worded and you intentionally interpreted it wrongly it so you could complain. You knew exactly what they meant, as did everyone.
  8. Kushiel New Member

I didn't know exactly what they meant and I have been around as long as anyone. When you word things incorrectly people misunderstand. I honestly thought it was a 150% bonus, I even posted on our guild forums how that was a huge amount and everyone should take advantage of it.

Being consistent in your terminology should be important to companies.
  9. Kiani Augur

I don't think they've been inconsistent, they usually say 150% bonus, when they mean, "a bonus, such that experience is 150% of normal". It's usually misinterpreted by some, though, so maybe they should start being clearer.
  10. Trevalon Augur

Looked it up for ya:

This Weekend's Announcement:

I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth here, but I looked up the last year of announcements and ALL of them when it said a Bonus EXP amount that was the amount we got. If they were being consistent they would have said "Each server will gain exp at 150% normal rates (As they have in the past)" and then should have further clarified a 50% bonus.

They didn't do that, they said, and as I quoted: 150% Bonus.

Doesn't matter, glad we got what we got, but you cannot fault people who might have misunderstood what they were saying.
    Lithien likes this.
  11. GrugSA Augur

It's not "poorly worded" man. It's straight up incorrect. I didn't know exactly what they meant because what they meant with different then what they said.

This is wrong.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...d-huge-savings-special-items-and-more.232955/

"Beginning at 12PM PT on Friday, May 27, 2016 and continuing until 12PM PT on Tuesday, May 31, 2016, all players will receive 50% bonus XP and double faction! This promotion is available on ALL servers, including Time-Locked Progression servers."

https://www.everquest.com/news/marketplace-promotion-bonus-xp-july-2016

"In addition, ALL players will be awarded 76% bonus XP, Faction, and Rare Spawns for the duration of the extended weekend!"
  12. MabbuPhinny Augur

Can I brag about fully understanding what they meant from the jump?

It doesn't matter how they word it, the people who have been around long enough now know what they meant. The wording is always all over the place but they have only ever done 3 types of EXP modifiers over the last 17 years:

"Bonus EXP" - A bonus of 50%-99% of the normal rates. "150%-199% total"
    "Double EXP" - A 100% bonus on top of the normal rates "200% total"
    "Triple EXP - A 200% bonus on top of the normal rates. "300% total"

Bonus EXP seems to be the more common, Double EXP is seen 1-2 times a year, and Triple EXP was only ever seen following the great Sony Hack of 2011 when the servers came back online after being down for for almost 2 weeks.

I spy lots of noobs in this thread ^_^
  13. Natigo New Member

regardless if you want to call it 50% bonus, or 150% bonus (which it was advertised as), you aren't getting either on phinny. I wasn't getting a bonus on quarm either...these Daybreak punks either didn't turn the exp bonus on, or they are just lying sacks of . I'm not surprised with either one of those possibilities
  14. Natigo New Member

[QUOTEDoesn't matter, glad we got what we got, but you cannot fault people who might have misunderstood what they were saying.][/QUOTE]

youre glad you got mislead and were getting the same exp you always had been getting? I'm not calling you out so don't reply in defense. instead be honest and tell these punks that there was no bonus
  15. Natigo New Member

lying piece of , I have proof
  16. Trevalon Augur

Im getting 50% on Quarm right now. Dunno bout Phinny cause I would never exp there cause the EXP rate is too ungodly slow, but its working on Quarm, so is double rare spawns.

Maybe your mistaken?
  17. Natigo New Member

nah I'm not mistaken. I tested it on multiple servers before calling them on their . even tested with exp pots. questioning me is also questioning other players who realize there is no bonus either. when really we should be questioning the devs and why they us over, whether intentionally or accidentally. either way it should be fixed and made right
  18. Trevalon Augur

Strange...normal AA kill in Paw is 6-7% AA, getting around 10 per kill right now on Quarm...guess that extra 50% exp is just coincidence lol
  19. Kutsuu Augur

Anyone with common sense would realize that it's 150% of normal XP, even if you feel that they worded it wrong. Some people seem to think that deliberately coming to the wrong conclusion then complaining about it will guilt them into upping the XP bonus... or something. Or else, why complain?
  20. Natigo New Member

here is an example of why people legit complain....

okay you go into mcdonalds and order a big mac meal..my food comes out and there is no big mac but your fries and drink.... you got

another example...a store offers 50% off anything...you buy something but paid full price mkay....that is false advertising and you got again...

make sense now? god I hope so bc there is no way some of you could be that ignorant, regardless whether or not you want to accept what youre reading