Best 4 box?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deported, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Moranis Augur

I meant it more like "I find that alt-tabbing a tank is tough enough to do, so I can't imagine how it can easily be done on another pc".
  2. Pikallo Augur

The whole thread you derailed was asking about a 4-box, not about soloing or duoing.
  3. Iyvy Augur

The point is that the harder mobs, deep red mobs, need to be slowed just to reduce the damage output. A single slow can save your cleric/whatever is healing a huge amount of healing. If you're doing a deep red rock golem with a cheap slow your healer is gonna go oom every single mob, Slow saves more mana than anything else for healers, and yeah halving a mobs damage for 4 times the mana cost is worth it.
  4. Pikallo Augur

Your fixation with the "deep red rock golem" is kinda comical. Sure, in that specific case where you are slowly and inefficiently killing deep red mobs for whatever reason that take forever to kill, a full strength slow is great. If you have a quality, efficient group killing mobs of an appropriate level that die at a proper pace, you barely have enough time to cast a high mana, high cast-time slow to make it worthwhile. Most quality groups can kill an individual mob within 10-15 seconds so the mob is going to be around 30% life by the time your 6s forlorn deeds lands. In these types of groups, healer mana is rarely an issue because of the speed and efficiency of the kill rate.

Maybe you've never been in a decent group, I dunno.
  5. Iyvy Augur

Heh, slowly and inefficiently. A 6 person group can chew through deep red mobs with ease, higher level mobs give more exp, and taking 20 seconds to kill a deep red is better than 10 seconds to kill a yellow. Even if you're doing a of yellows that take 10-15 seconds to kill, you then can pull 3 or 4, mez them all, and have them slowed while your group starts the first one. Your tank can then break them one after another without having to slow down and the end result is less mana costs for your healer. The idea that reducing damage taken by an additional 50% isn't worth 150 mana is frankly, stupid. For less than the cost of a superior heal you can reduce the mobs damage by 50%. So a mob doubling for 600? A single swing from that mob is a superior heals worth of mana. If your slow prevents a single swing before the mob dies the heal was cost efficient relative to a clerics mana. In reality it will stop numerous swings and save your cleric/druid/shaman huge amounts of mana.

For this reason having a shaman purely for slows is more than worth it.

You sir, are an idiot. The best groups I've been in in terms of speed of killing and efficiency have had a shaman or a second enchanter.
  6. Syrup Augur

Says the guy who recommends Enchanter Cleric Shaman Druid as a 4 box.

That's rich
    Pikallo likes this.
  7. Iyvy Augur

As opposed to what? Mage armying? Wizard nukes? News flash buddy a charmed pet will quadruple a mages damage in a group. You can use the druid and shaman to root rot 3 mobs while your charm pet tanks and mows down a fourth, due to snare from the druid the charm pet can be kept fully hasted and dual wielding safely, quading for 800 damage at 1.7 normal attack speed while 3 rooted mobs are all dying from dots and the cleric keeps everyone healed. Sure it would be hard and take a lot of skill, but it's way better then a bunch of necros or whatever.
  8. Syrup Augur

I love how you recognize the efficiency of charming... but ignore any sort of mana efficiency.
    Using the slow that uses four times the mana (then complaining about mana)... root rotting (in general, but even more lols) with an enchanter in the group...

You don't need a team of healing/rooters to utilize charm in a group, one can handle that job with great ease.
  9. Pikallo Augur

Obviously not going to change someone's mind who is this stubborn, but your math is laughable and purely theoretical. There are so many factors at play here that your unwillingness to adapt to different situations is what makes you the idiot. How would you factor in the faster kill pace if you replaced the shaman with a wizard or mage? How do you quantify the usefulness of a 50% faster cast time spell(which of course is only 20% less effective)? Everything is situational. Maybe sometimes it does make sense to fully slow a mob, but I can guarantee there are other situations where it would be less efficient.
  10. Pikallo Augur

I'm sure if he added a 5th it would be a bard, for added mana efficiency and even more overlap.
    Syrup likes this.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Everyone knows rogue, rogue , rogue and rogue best 4 box to date.
  12. Iyvy Augur

Root rotting is very mana efficient and very high dps.Rather than mez everything you can root rot multiple mobs and get the full duration out of your dots which is highly effective, you talk about how dots don't get to run their course but you don't understand how to properly utilize them in a group setting. You underestimate shamans and druids because you don't know how to play them, stick to /pet attack I guess.

A shaman will do more damage over time than a mage or wizard by a mile in a group setting, you can add a shaman to the group and let him set up multiple root rots while the group does the main mob. Druids and shamans are better damage than wizards in a group if played properly due to mana.

The reason you want a druid is for the snare on the enchanter pet. The 15+ minute snare unlocks "balls to the wall " pets for enchanters. That's why you want a druid. That alone is worth more than an entire wizard.

Now you have a druid, druids do tons of damage with dots, but mobs die too fast, they can root rot though, which synergizes perfectly with a shaman, shamans can pull with dots, root and let the druid put all its dots on while you go pull another. Shamans can easily out damage a mage with root rot especially when utilizing canni + clarity, the shaman synergizes with the druid. You could arguably replace the cleric with another enchanter though. The best way to pull in this sort of all caster no tank group is whoever has the most mana pulls.

None of this requires a charm pet or a charmer to be efficient, druids and shamans are great CC and damage in lue of an enchanter, people just don't get the idea of root rotting multiple mobs/adds. You are now killing 4 mobs at once, and ever 3 or 4 "main mobs" that the group is doing suddenly all 3 root rots die.

The best group is probably 4 enchanters a druid and a shaman XD. Good luck in raids though, lol.