Best 4 box?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deported, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Tulgin Augur

Boxing without ESboxer is going to be too painful, especially having to use multiple PC's. If you are using ESboxer somehow over the network, then I'd go:

Druid (ports, heals, snare, sow)
    Enchanter (mana regen, CC, slow)
    Mage (tank, dps)
    Necro (off tank, dps, FD for sorting out camp disputes)

That's the single best 4 box, anything else is lies.
  2. Marthisdil Augur

ok. 2 mages and 2 necros ;)
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

+ 1 :D
  4. nicemace Journeyman

no no no no no.

any enchanter who is good wont have any trouble at all doing slows buffs and charms.

mobs die so fast using a full power slow is just . tepid deeds at best but as the dude above said languid pace does just fine to reduce damage significantly. but the cleric/druid has clarity so it doesn't even matter.

anyone that drops a full power slow on a mob that lives for what like 10 seconds is an idiot.
  5. Moranis Augur

As Syrup said, no need to throw around huge mana hog spells for 30 second fights. Tepid deeds for the win. Forlorn deeds if there's a named or something.

I would sub the WIZ out for a CLR. I play a bit more conservative, so I like the added healing and the rezzing.
    If you want to go more DPS, put in another pet class. It's less work to sustain DPS with a pet class. If for some reason you love fighting in PoHate, maybe then use a wizard, but otherwise I would stick with a mage or necro. And to that i would lean necro to settle the previously mentioned "camp disputes", ha.
  6. Iyvy Augur

So an even worse slow? Max slow is 60%, Compare 30% to 60%, instead of doing 70% of total damage they're doing 40%. The difference is almost double. Plus you're mezzing, plus you're tashing (I stop tashing in strong groups except to charm, plus you need to charm, charm does break you need to recharm you need to buff your pet, etc etc, plus shaman taking that over can allow you to pull. I think if you are not having to slow you are not fighting hard enough mobs. You can do deep reds with a proper group. Like 6-7 levels is when you stop landing spells, in those situations you need them full slowed.

Enchanters in general are mana hungry, and in a group setting their mana regen is some of the worst, up there with wizards and druids, at least until theft.

Cleric over wizard for sure. In a four person group I can't see not taking a cleric.
  7. Angered Augur

To spice it up.......

1 DE mage Hillary
    1 HE mage Trumpy
    1 Erudite Mage Obamy
    1 Gnome Mage Cheney
  8. Moranis Augur

I noticed you had a typo there...so I fixed it:

1 DE troll mage Hillary (they should allow this simply because it's accurate)
    1 HE mage Trumpy
    1 Erudite Mage Obamy
    1 Gnome Mage Cheney
    MBear and Deported like this.
  9. Syrup Augur

Double the slow for... four times the mana! :rolleyes:
    I don't like that trade. but it does explain why you're having mana problems.
  10. Iyvy Augur

It also explains why I can do frenzy camp alone at lvl 41. And can do the hole at 46 with only two people. If you are fighting max level mobs you can't not slow them. Especially when you have a hasted red as a pet. A hasted red as a pet in a group with healers can almost still kill you, if you have unslowed mobs on you as well you are in trouble. It's not about half the damage dealt for four times the mana, it's "this will kill you if you don't slow it". By maintaining max level slows on the target mob it makes you able to charm and haste more dangerous pets and this increases your damage by more than any bonus from any class.
  11. Syrup Augur

You can still slow them... and spend four times less mana each time, by simply using the more mana efficient slow.

With all that mana you save, you will get plenty more runes and aoe stuns at your disposal too.
  12. Iyvy Augur

When your hasted rock golem (who is resistant) breaks and starts doubling you for 250 you want to have your heals available to heal you and only you rather than trying to keep whatever is tanking (possibly also you?) alive. Your healers will need to spam heal you until you can land CC and reestablish control. It's not about mana, it's about damage dealt. By using a red hasted golem that doubles at 250 with 70% haste you can mow through mobs at an obscene rate and get faster exp or do harder mobs than you otherwise could without such a power house pet. Add to this that the enemy is a rock golem (that doubles for 250) you actually just want that guy to be fully slowed.

Even without adds/charm, 500 damage per swing is only 4 swings from dead, and adds are a thing, and so on. If you want to be taking the hardest mobs for the juiciest red exp you want to have the best slow. That's why shamans are so good, I don't want my 30% slow I want my brother's 65% slow! It's a deep red. It does scary damage and stuns etc etc. I don't want to die.
  13. Curate New Member

Charm killing and not keeping your kill target rooted?

tsk tsk
  14. Iyvy Augur

Root breaks my friend and lasts a hell of a lot less time than charm, it's all about layers of security. One of the great things about druids is the snare lasts as long as charm, with snare you can keep a pet unrooted and walk around for the full 15 minutes. Sometimes with especially strong mobs i will root them as well, but generally only very very red mobs, depends on the group and the room (roaming vs stationary, whether I have a puller). Ideally I like to keep mobs all mezzed and have a root and a slow on the next thing that will be killed so when the current mob dies you can immediately start on the next one. Also with slows (like shamans) you can root and slow and dot up a mob off to the side. This is like a better version of mez since the mob will still do no damage but will be rapidly dying as well, those who say dots suck in groups don't know how to properly multi target. I think many players underestimate the druid/shaman's power in groups, and overrate mages wizards and necros. Also with a mage/shaman/wizard on target switch you're gonna break root and they may not like the enchanter who's been rooting and slowing them.
  15. nicemace Journeyman

youre doing it all wrong. root target always. as soon as charm breaks your cleric should be stunning your pet, you cast level 4 mez, tash charm. it really doesnt matter what mobs hit for. if you have a healer in your group you should be hasting and making your pet quad with torches.
  16. Iyvy Augur

You don't need to root having a stun loaded is fine, all of this takes time though and mobs that are red are resistant even with tash and malo. Also tash and malo will wear off before charm sometimes and they may be necessary to land at all. A rock golem Quad can very very quickly kill you, and root will wear off way before charm. Yes you can make your pet quad and I do. It's all about how comfortable you are with your ability to survive if hits the fan. If you are having trouble charming don't even haste, new enchanters may slow their pet and kill it after a room clear rather than keep it, etc etc, later you can haste, then later still dual wield, but u need a certain amount of hp/ac and heals and back up for that. A quading red rock golem is a painful thing, and for those I do root, but root won't let you move to your next camp easily, sometimes you can't be going full balls to the wall, balance in all things.
  17. nicemace Journeyman

we are saying root the mob that your pet is killing. not your pet. if cleric stuns on charm break he gets agro and your level 4 mez will land by the time his stun wears off (pretty much).

if youre straight soloing, yeah no quad / haste is fine but if your got a cleric or heals in group you may as well make your pet the biggest baddest death machine ever cause you will only die if goes horribly wrong, or youre terrible... but you will learn from your mistakes.
  18. kfour New Member

I like warrior shaman duo. but if I was going to go for a straight 4 box probably warrior enchanter cleric monk for pulls probably, two melees can be pretty annoying though so maybe a wizard for ports but the monks DPS and ability to pull easily once at a camp would prolly make it a monk. and two boxing isnt that hard its pretty easy and anything after that even with melees it really depends on pulls. pull to your tank and have your melees all positioned to just turn auto attack on
    Arderd and Crowd likes this.
  19. EQ1999 Elder

Phinigel wants you to explain how to alt-tab on his server.
  20. Iyvy Augur

Obviously you root the mob your pet is killing that is insultingly obvious? Even when rooted the targeted mob is presumably hitting something that needs to be healed and root can break, adds can join, suddenly you are getting shrekt and the healer has to spam on you and theres an add annnnd the root breaks and your shittly slowed mob is now on the healer and you're dead. Slow is obscenely powerful, cheaping out in slow is really silly...