Best 4 box?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deported, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Deported New Member

Hello I am trying to determine which 4 box would be most effective. I'm stuck between wiz, chanter, Mage and shammy or dru, chanter, Mage and shammy. Which do you all think would be best?
  2. Arderd and Crowd Augur

I'd do druid, 2 mage and a enc out of those I guess. Personally I like a cleric tho, so cleric, enc, 2 mage
    Frottage likes this.
  3. Marthisdil Augur

4 mages.
    Arderd and Crowd likes this.
  4. Arderd and Crowd Augur

lol - gotta have some variety!
  5. Moranis Augur

I would suggest you don't have a shaman & enchanter in the same group...their utility greatly overlaps and there's really nothing a shaman can do that a ENCH / DRU combo cannot (except a nice canni-dance).

Personally, if I had 4 computers, I would do ENCH / CLR / MAG / DRU. I would main the MAG from 1-40 and just let the other classes sit and watch, and from 40-50 I would main the ENCH and charm-fight. Druid over shaman for no other reasons than porting and tracking.
  6. Syrup Augur

Warrior (best tank) - Cleric (best heals) - Enchanter (best CC) and >insert favorite dps class here<.
  7. Moranis Augur

I find that alt-tabbing with a tank is tough to do...pets are just easier to control. But realistically, if you can do this sort of thing, it would probably be the best way to roll.
  8. Batbener Augur

Paly(Rez, heals and tank) enchanter(CC/clarity/charmed pet DPS), druid(heals/ports/sow) necro (dps, fd, corpse summon, rez) For ease and CoH, you can substitute mage for paly.
  9. Batbener Augur

10. malaki Augur

Depends on what you want to do. People joke around but if you're just wanting to smash group content something like 3 mages and a druid would probably be pretty tough to beat. If you're looking for a variety as someone mentioned, just pick what you like, but Shaman and Enchanter do overlap quite a lot.
  11. Sagnid Augur

This man gets the prize. Farm the Krono while you can, you have 12 weeks to roll a better group once the classic market is over.
  12. Bobbydomino Elder

Do you make more krono farming with 2 mages over porting/rezzing? real question, I was curious.
  13. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Yeah - porting and rezzing is cheap. An FBSS goes for krono/s.
  14. Vazuvius Augur

Yes is the short answer
  15. Elkay Augur

If you aren't going Mage-cheese: Bard, Druid, Cleric, Monk.

For added survivability, you could swap out the Monk for a Warrior, at the sacrifice of kill speed.

I always roll a Bard and Druid because you don't realize how much utility they provide until you don't have one. Getting anywhere fast also has value.
  16. Ecksesive Journeyman

Any character you have to actively move around wont be easy to do without using 3rd party software. 2 boxing is hard.. 3 boxing is very hard.. and anything above that is near impossible, unless your characters sit in the corner and do nothing. Also keep in mind.. boxing with software is easy to spot. All the people who say i box 5-6 chars. either use programs to move their characters, use some kinda of macroing scripts or play all casters. The reality for people who really box characters is, its hard to do.

Most of the time people who truly box have a healer stashed in a corner and run a melee character around killing and alt tab when they need a heal or a rebuff. These are the facts, no matter how many script kiddies try to argue it.

So if your truly boxing.. without scripts.. I would say you better play 1 melee 1 healer and 2 casters (preferably pet types) or they wont be doing much. And btw this is usually done on 1 computer while alt tabbing.. this whole.. multiple comp thing DBG is just silly. Most peeople typically always boxed on 1-2 comps only.
  17. tentimes Elder

Are you talking about boxing Phinny? I thought you could not do that, alt-tabbing and the whole idea is 1 person playing 1 character for a better game?
  18. Bobbydomino Elder

Aside from factions, is there an advantage to playing mage/mage over mage/necro?
  19. Moranis Augur

I agree...I actually would main my ENCH and start the fight, alt+tab to my mage to send the pet...delay about 10 seconds and fire off a nuke + sit, while casting I tab over to my cleric and heal / stun something + sit, then I tab back over to ench and finish the fight. I will then tab to the 4th char (druid) in between fights for whatever buffs of his I want. If It's a long fight i'll tab in the druid for a Nuke or Dot.

Going the melee route is tough, because they get knocked around and if the mob changes targets it becomes a PITA.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Mage / Mage might be more powerful on a single target
    But without snare dungeon work will be more difficult on runners.

Necro > 100 times more fun than a mage also.