Berserker 2 Hander Nerf...

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Eshtoma, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Slasher Augur

Having det effects was a cool idea but it never worked out because raid designs don't allow you to be blind and actually contribute let alone be rooted for a minute. This kind of thinking needs to be thought of as well it was a good idea but not realistic and moved on from. Blinding fury fits the lore of the class but does not fit the design of the game. If you're going to balance us around having this kind of stuff you should also balance around us only being able to use it on a fraction of the raid events if any.
    Norathorr likes this.
  2. Bighitz Augur

You nailed it Norathorr, i find myself in the exact same situation - i dont play anymore because the imbalances became to apparent. I have tried a long time to be constructive and so have alot of people, and we are brushed off with arrogant answers. Being blunt and calling them out for bs should be the way to go - I hope SOE wakes up, because EQ is dying rapidly, even though it has far superior game mechanics to alot of games. The only problem is NOT that it is time consuming, the problem is that after you have used spare time over a long period of time you find yourself with a host of inferior classes, this is something very much in the hands of developers - and EQ got some of the most knowledge playerbase on game mechanics, its just a knowledge pool that they refuse to listen to...

Btw. not playing everquest for 2-3 hours a day leaves you with alot of time to do construtive stuff :cool:
  3. Bighitz Augur

if you want to look for hardcore facts I can point to the tons and tons of threads with math calcs of DPS and postings of parses from beta from the best guilds serverwide - the devs had all the objective material to act upon, but chose not to...
  4. Sinestra Augur

Not sure who you're directing that to.
  5. Sinestra Augur

6. Bighitz Augur

I am just telling you, that we have already said all there is to be said on the subject with regards to facts. a ranger from Realm of insanity for example shed a great deal of light on the balancing in ROF already in beta with parses. but devs didn't respond.
  7. Sinestra Augur

Let me clarify since there seems to be a few people who didn't understand what I was saying for whatever reason. I don't disagree that the devs often ignore feedback. I know they claim they don't, but we all know that's a lie. They blatantly ignore stuff all the time and make stupid excuses as to why they do quite often.

I stated that sugar coating it is not what gets it listened to. Some of the most direct and often rude people get listened to and some of the nicest people often get ignored. These same players are often in every beta. There is no rhyme or reason sometimes to why they ignore things. A few of them have huge ego problems as well and it gets in the way often of them interacting with the playerbase.
    Knutplate likes this.
  8. Jimbo of Oggok Journeyman

The VoA berserker parse that gets so much attention was extremely high because:

Very short encounter
    Perfect synergy with other classes (burning with beastlord fury effect and bard, shaman epic)
    Encounter doesn't move nor knock back or have other mechanics in that stage

A history of weapon ratios and their comparisons:

Paladin Rogue Monk Berserker Ber : Paladin Ber : Rogue Ber : Monk Monk : Rogue
    Gates 2.06 1.19 1.45 2.025 0.9830 1.7017 1.3966 1.2185
    Under 6.5 4 4.25 5.94 0.9138 1.4850 1.3976 1.0625
    HoT 7.57 4.65 5 6.9 0.9115 1.4839 1.3800 1.0753
    VoA 8.81 5.47 5.944 8.033 0.9118 1.4686 1.3514 1.0867
    RoF 9.32 5.79 6.26 8.5 0.9120 1.4680 1.3578 1.0812

RoF are the newly updated, nerf fixed values

As we can see, berserkers have lost ground against all other melee classes since their debut in Gates of Discord.

Interestingly, monks have also lost ground on weapon ratio compared to rogues.

Rogues are typically ahead of berserkers and monks in parses, though can be behind beastlords in current content.

Berserker burst is nice, but so are others classes able to burn well, without a penalty to itemization.

It may actually be the case that berserker only weapons, of higher ratio than general melee 2hers, should be reinstated.

Weapon names

Paladin Rogue Monk Berserker
    Gates Bloodstone blade of zun'muram Discordant Dagger of Night Mindreaper Club Jagged Axe of Uncontrolled Rage
    UF Knights Heart of the Underfoot Heart of the first Hatchet Knife Bloodletter, Katar of the Sisters Hephae
    HoT Dreamfall Leypse Piercer Sleeper's Embrace Dysrension
    VoA Pride Immaculous Kral'Sek Hathor
    RoF Imrahil Heartshard Bladed Hand of Xorbb Enkindling Pike
  9. Bighitz Augur

Will never happen, devs continue to think we are DPS machines when in reality we are heavily dependent on support to hit numbers that dont even bite rogues in the tail anymore.. and that is our notorious burn.. on sustained we get flat out owned, even when our endurance isn't a problem. when we have endurance problems (which monks and rogues never have) we arent even in the dps game.

If this is the freaking price we have to pay because of high numbers from mobs where we can afford to be blind and rooted, then please remove those poorly done spells as all they have done is nerfing our class below being remotely competitive.....
  10. fransisco Augur

Work for a change in ability vs a fix through itemization. Items change every expansion, and you can never count on things working out right.

Plus, if they did do more Ber only weapons, they would be rotting like knight weapons, or so rare as to bug the heck out of all Bers.
  11. Phrett Augur

Put BER on the knight only weps! =)
    And, add an awesome 2HB to each tier that's BER MNK only...

kidding aside, there's some discussion going on the berserker forums on how best to address our broken dps... to basically up our sustained damage without inflating our burn numbers at the same time. One of the most popular methods discussed so far is to increase bonus damage which is a flat amount of damage added to the end of a hit (as I'm sure most of you already know), and is not affected by the dmg multipliers that would normally blow burn dps out of proportion.
  12. Tanecho Augur

The problem with doing it that way is it exaggerates the issue you currently have with the lowest delay weapons being the best, and causes anything else to rot (monks deal with this now too).

I'm on board for miniature non-stacking versions of the biggest ADPS culprits (Ruchu, Fury, Aria) being given to the melee such that they can function without these classes present. As it stands, if you don't have them your DPS absolutely pales in comparison to an unmodified DPS caster. If you make them non-stacking, they cannot contribute to burst and only give sustained gains.
  13. Slasher Augur

That is the wrong way to approach it as all of them abilities impact burst and multiply everything we do.

The BEST way is volley and frenzy substantial increases in both. Our NON auto attack abilities need to do 50% of our dps right now they do what 20% on a raid zerkers and 30% on a group ? This needs to be addressed if we ever want to not rely on weapon ratios.

Right now volley is 1500 dps at rank 3 and frenzy is about 800. People can flame me but adding frenzy to SS was a step in the wrong direction now you will not see any frenzy increase because any frenzy increase will increase our burn.

Until the top zerkers stop crying for burst dps we're stuck this game is not burst dps anymore raids are designed to be sustained events its time to accept that and direct the class toward that.