Berserker 2 Hander Nerf...

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Eshtoma, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Sigourney Journeyman

This recent 2h weapon stagnation move by the dev's is part of a decision making process that seems do nothing but pose some demands to some of us decade+ long time players....such as:

"We ask you please stop playing and find another game"
    " We dont want your money!, go play Guild Wars2"
    "Your opinion and greater understanding of the class you play is irrelevant"
    "Stop using LOGIC"
    "Chaos is how we have fun with your class"

OKOK, i just may have to bow to your demands...
  2. Sigourney Journeyman

I love how this past-tense statement is like sipping lemonade as you wet your adult diapers...so passive
  3. Darktower Elder

I love reading your cross-thread posts with the same whiny attitude for days on end, it's like listening to a retiree complain about daylight savings time. Just let it go already, it's been posted enough that the devs are aware of our concerns. And since I can remember, the zerk community prides itself on attempting to not be the 'crybaby' class.
    Phrett and Sinestra like this.
  4. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

After further review, RoF weapons aren't even equivalent ratios to VoA weapons once the weapons are augged. The T2 RoF 2hp, Enkindling Pike, is 257 dmg / 32 dly. The T4 VoA 2hs, Hathor, Scythe of Punishment, is 241 dmg / 30 dly. Once augged, they are 257+16/32 and 241+16/30. Ending up with RoF's top weapon having an augged ratio of 8.53 vs VoA's top weapon having an augged ratio of 8.56. Sure, it's "only" a .03 difference in ratio, but what other class is at least .03 less effective as they were the previous expansion.

I know quite a few Devs say that the community as a whole cares too much about DPS and we should just have fun playing the game. I'd like to know how being unable to progress your character is fun.
  5. Chandrok Augur

We discussed this as a team and we're going to revert the changes to 2h weapon ratios. We will be keeping an eye on berserker dps though and if it goes higher than we would like, there will be some tuning done to the class in some way not involving weapon ratios.
    Brogett, Recnarp, Daedly and 8 others like this.
  6. Rorce Augur

Thank you.
  7. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

If there's any parsing you'd like done to help with tuning, I'm sure the community would be more than happy to assist in any way possible.
    Daedly likes this.
  8. RagePaw Augur

Hi Chandrok,

Thanks for changing things back, i would actively encourage you to look at dps trends in the current expansion, If you need any parsing data let me know.
  9. Trajet D'Or Augur

Are you going to increase the ratio on RoF T2 Draining Ire of the Glen Liege, Weight of Duty and Radvar's Rod of Disruption to match the ratio of reverted T2 Enkindling Pike?

Are you going to revert T0 Meljeldin, Bane of Giants to be the highest ratio for a Zerk weapon currently in the game?
  10. Chandrok Augur

All 2h weapons that are usable by berserkers will be retuned to the correct ratios for their tiers. Obviously T2 weapons will be better than tier 1. Here's a list of the weapons that are changing. Although some of these are slower than a berserker would want to use, these will all be adjusted up.
    Edit: Added additional weapons to the list.

Ancient Fire Etched Flamberge
    Meljeldin, Bane of Giants
    Rocksmasher
    Radvar's Rod of Disruption
    The Frozen's Grudge
    Kreztik's Blistering Judgment
    Strength of Valor
    Dragoncold Lance
    Shadeblade
    Frosthewn Greathammer
    Unspoken Deliverance
    Draining Ire of the Glen Liege
    Weight of Duty
    Enkindling Pike
    Daedly and Quatreh like this.
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

T2 Raid - Enkindling Pike reverted would be 8.28ratio, every other T2 Raid weapon listed
    Radvar's Rod of Disruption id75960 Vulak - 281/35, 8.03ratio, not listed for increase

T1 Raid - All weapons listed

NToV - Meljeldin on list to be increased, currently 8.03ratio
    Facesmasher id75936 NToV Raid - 270/33, 8.18ratio, not listed for increase
    Rocksmasher id75935 NToV Raid - 265/33, 8.03ratio, not listed for increase
    Ancient Fire Etched Flamberge id75919 NToV raid - 273/34, 8.03ratio, not listed for increase

Every other T1 and T2 Group weapon - currently 6.03ratio and listed for increase
    Panic Attack id132944 T2 Group - 223/35, 6.37ratio
  12. Phrett Augur

Thanks for considering our arguments and taking some action to correct the situation... I feel better knowing an adjustment is in the works now. Cheers
    Daedly likes this.
  13. Gragas Augur

Rorce's Spike of Frenzied Swings

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 4 8
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    DMG: 8
    Effect: Force of Magic VI (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)

Restrictions -
    2h Weapons Only
    Slot: PRIMARY
    Recommended level of 100.
    Required level of 98.
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL

Item Information:
    You must use the solvent Class XIII Augmentation Distiller to remove this augment

Can we get the DMG on this item bumped up to 18 so some of us would actually use it? Seems like a waste to name an item after someone that has helped out the Eq Community so much and no one use it.
    Recnarp likes this.
  14. Daedly Augur

Much appreciated Chandrok.
  15. Maereax Augur

Congrats guys. Can we maybe fix the fact that monks are worthless right now, now that zerkers got their nerf undone?
  16. gnomeboss Augur

i've got 50 pristine acres of quality hunting land, 500 head of feeder cattle and naked pics and vids of my ex gf with a surgically enhanced chest for a zerker to mainswitch to a monk so we too can get dev love.
    Xnao and Obiziana like this.
  17. Falos Augur

While I agree fully with what you are saying and asking (and honestly i really doubt anyone uses these damage proc augs over the pure damage augs) It was my understanding *though i could be wrong* that Rorce liked his name being on the mediocre damage aug because it falls in line with his whole "Failboat Captain" inside joke he labels himself as.
  18. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Can I tank like a monk?
  19. Kurayami Augur

Enough already, we have heard enough from the monk community in other threads, don't go hijacking the berserker's thread too. Go camp Raster or something and leave them alone.
    Sinestra and Khoza like this.
  20. Gladare Augur

Aw shucks, leave the poor monks alone. They're just being persistent.