Bard Dicho Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Vados New Member

While dicho did need to be fixed, they definitely went overboard.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a good expansion for bards. Give them some more damn playability. Bards use to be a lot more fast paced of a character, melody and just how the game has evolved has pretty much ruined that. Few spammable attacks, really no reason to pull at all if your in a halfway decent group just pull every damn thing around you.

Give bards something to do, jack of all trades.

Mini stances
    Small healing ability (wannabe mend)
    Long refresh shout nuke

Just something to make a bard more then melody, clicking epic with hotkey'd discs, and spamming a kick ability every so often.
  2. Zalamyr Augur

I don't even really care about the regen portion. Just make the ability actually bring adps. Bard dicho adps should be powerful and desirable. As it stands, nobody anywhere cares if their bard dichos from an adps perspective. It provides adps that would have been marginal 10 years ago, let alone today.
  3. Riou EQResource

Yep, depending on how short hand Dzarn intended to write the melee portion it is either half as much (I think intended part here) to like 1/100 as much as they think it adds
  4. josh Augur

The hit limit on the melee portion just doesn't make any sense to me. The whole point of that SPA is that it varies based on how fast you are swinging. You hit less often it adds more damage to each hit. You hit more often and it adds less damage to each hit. That's how it's balanced. With a hit limit that completely goes away, it's now unarguably better with slower weapons. That's kinda dumb and a 12 hit limit makes it absurdly weak even in the best case scenario.
  5. Laxmi New Member

Dichotomic Psalm is so worthless its no longer in my bards melody - you can do all the math in the world to attempt to quantify the change but the truth is that I can't justify the complete depletion of endurance for the almost zero gain I receive from having it in my melody. Every reason I rolled a bard sits upon Dichotomic Psalm in its former state, its pre broken state...now if I run dicho my bard is ooe within minutes and not singing anything. Dzam call a meeting Monday morning and get this straightened out please. Whatever was 'added' to 'improve' dicho is far from acceptable. 100 percent of bards would opt for the pre-nerf version in lieu of Daybreaks 'improved' version. Please help us out here - we are begging you!!!!!
  6. segap Augur

A plea by a bandwagon, flavor of the expansion bard? Think you need to back up a call for change with more than "it's the only reason I made a bard".
  7. Laxmi New Member

Why do I need more than that? Whats wrong with creating a toon solely for my attraction to dichotomic psalm? - nice grief though segap, nice grief. Unless u have something useful to say however, your input is likely disregarded by most - keep hating though - somebody's gotta be a bully.
  8. segap Augur

If you made the bard for the sole sake of what was an overpowered utility, don't think you'll get much sympathy. If you want the song returned to something that's at least useful, best to give an actual argument with sound reason. Posts like yours aren't going to help anyone. Just more reason for them think people are complaining about not having something that was broken rather than seeing actual arguments with real merit like many of the real, die hard bards are giving.
  9. Laxmi New Member

Sound reason is stated - dicho not even worth having in melody - die hard bard or not - nuff said
  10. flash000 Augur

i find this funny as hell that they didnt even check the actual output based on the numbers they thought it should be..... way to test your changes !!!
  11. flash000 Augur

Quick someone archive the post by dz before he pulls a stonetear....
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Look. How long have YOU known this was overpowered? Beta if you participated in that? Were you one of the ones who had the elite foresight to know it was over powered but kept quiet? Or did tell the dev team about this and they did nothing? Time passes for a year and NOW you decide to be holier than thou/sanctimonious about it when people utilize an ability that has been LIVE FOR A YEAR? Really?

This same stupid garbage happens every year with the same rehashed logic and flat line arguments. No one ever learns. Not the community. Not the dev team. Its just the same old "we told you so" from those who have some desire to elevate themselves to some higher echelon of authority when it conveniently serves to substantiate some nerf done with all the precision and accuracy of a chainsaw.
    Aghinem likes this.
  13. Chaosflux Augur

Dicho Psalm needs to be replaced with something resembling useful. Or it needs to be reruns to be useful.

End of story.

REGARDLESS Of Whether Some Folks Rolled Toons Just for this reason or that. This was a positive game changer for a class that has not had many positive game changers (if any) in the past decade.

To do anything less is a major disservice to their community.

As it stands as far as meaningful gameplay goes which is what drives folks to enjoy playing classes. Bards are about dead last in the game.

They have afew areas that need to be addressed to say the least, start here devs.

And the folks bickering about whether this was op or was the worst dicho or this and that. As funny as it is neither side is helping produce conducive conversation to actually get bards to have meaningful play/be interesting.

That's my 2 coppers atleast.
  14. Derd Augur

I still enjoy my bard, and honestly at times got upset that a 50 percent mana bar still wizard, in a group situation would shout at me to hit dichto :) I also told him the first time I cast it to see what it did, that it would be nerfed. I assumed sooner, but we did get to use it in broken state for almost 10 months. That is where I feel a lot of the anger is coming from, and I respect everyone's right to be angry. I'm still hopeful they'll see some reasonable response's and at least boost either the dps or the mana/end regen.

I don't feel raising its timer is an "answer" having something that on most raids you only hit once or twice (going with the 5 min recast and length of most raid fights) would make it any more desirable than it is in its present form or in a bumped up form.

A reasonable change making it actually move the mana bar or move the dps bar abit would be something that on a one min timer with the endurance cost make it something you could still use as needed for most fights
  15. Stephen51 Augur

My theory is that the recent round of nerfs that are linked to mana, this one, Chanter Dicho mana returns reduced, wizard AA nukes and Cleric rezzs gaining a mana cost, all boils down to the Devs working closingly with hard core guilds in the testing of events in the latest campaign.

While testing, I think the players, beat the devs versions easily, and as the elite do, they let the Devs know in no uncertain terms, and in the process a sort of rivalry has developed. The Devs see these play-testers as their player base, and don't want to suffer the sticks and stones that these hardcore guilds dish out when they ultimately beat the events, in double quick time.

So we got a campaign (and we haven't forgotten you called it that, and changed the name to an expansion at the eleventh hour because it sounded like a mini expansion, which is what it was), that was mainly geared to raiders. Yes there are easy parts, but that was so the raiders didn't have to waste too much time flagging. The missions were easy, but the final in the series hard, in some cases absurdly so. Group gear was laughable, with t1 having more hps/mana and or endurance that t2, but raid gear was left alone.

Did this stop the hardcore guilds, of course it didn't, they are hardcore, they will always devote a larger amount of time to learning and beating events that the average player, they put other aspects of life on hold til they've bested it, was it such a surprise they beat the events quickly?

Now however, the gauntlet thrown down and fresh insults doled out, the Devs fight back, in a wholy human but slightly unprofessional manner by changing the goalposts. The top 10% can beat our events with mana to spare, lets take away that luxury. Sadly the ramifications for the rest of the player base aren't so good. The hardcore players? They see this as a challenge, they'll just keep on rolling over you.

Why not just put a hard level of raids in, with mana drain, and a damage aura in with all the gear about 10ac 100hp/mana/end higher than the normal stuff (or just a chest with 30 silver in it).
  16. Narogg Augur

I am open to suggestions on how to do it.. please share.
  17. segap Augur

Recently covered in another thread

18. SevrinSevendust Elder

19. SevrinSevendust Elder

No offense intended, but what I care about as a gamer of EQ is its effect on playing/style/enjoyment, and not all the arguable math behind it. What I know is that my WE Ranger with a boxed bard now cannot burn without running out of mana, and regens mana slow as ^*&#%. So the end result/re-action is a ranger sitting on a mount to fight, and that to me is just not how I want to play. It may be a Developers vision of EQ for me to sit on a mount, but not mine. personally I will choose to stop investing my time and money in eq till something gets adjusted on this topic.
  20. valiantSeven Elder

At the time of this post, the front page says there are 1,425,555 messages on this board. Out of all of them, yours is the most hilariously ridiculous one I've ever read. Congratulations.
    Thancra and Cactuszach like this.