Bard Dicho Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Okay...

So bard dicho now only returns 1% of mana. If they wanted to reduce it from 15% to 5% - sure, I get it...but, 1%? Can we make some noise on this? This makes bards absolutely useless in a raid situation that may require mana feeding.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

There was noise made about this while it was on test and it went live anyway. I don't think they are listening which is sad because this change was so way overdone, I don't even know what to say.
  3. segap Augur

It does not make bards useless unless your benchmark was guilds using bards for a singular reason the past 9 months. You still boost mana/end regen using the songs you had prior to dicho. Just not at a ridiculous rate.

Yes, the ability was gutted and made useless. The change was way overboard, as have been several other "adjustments" to other classes lately. Does not make you useless though.
    Igniz, Sindaiann and Vdidar like this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The only annoying part about this change is that I have to reorder my melody hotkey for my box bard.
  5. segap Augur

Annoying for me is having to put my boxed casters back on mounts again. I hate mounts.
    Vdidar and kizant like this.
  6. Thraine Augur

this takes hybrids out of the DPS race, any fight longer than a few mins after our burn and rangers dps will plummet now
  7. Vdidar Augur

It's not like they were ever going to change it once it hit test.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Critts Augur

They should nurf auto attack.
  9. Havepint Journeyman

Ya over-correct a problem and not touch it again is classic EQ reminds me of when LDON xp was nerfed and as a result it turned into a ghost expansion.

That is now what, 3 classes with a useless dico because it is too costly in resources to balance it properly?
  10. Xlkib New Member

It makes the long boring events in tbm even longer and more borin.
  11. Cicelee Augur

So basically what you are saying is, pre change bard Dicho was 150 times better than magician Dicho but now it is only 15 times better now?

Gotcha!
    Igniz and Vdidar like this.
  12. Vdidar Augur

I would probably have to say it's still at least 50x better. Maybe not quite 150x but let's be honest about this. It's useless and still better than 15x better than Mage dicho lol.
  13. Brohg Augur

Res effects.
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Bamboompow Augur

It was mentioned early on that bard dicho was the best thing to happen to bards in a long time.

Heh, should have known this was going to happen.
  15. fransisco Augur

There is an incredible amount of hyperbole on this change.
    Bard Dicho was soo BROKENLY powerful.
    Its the best thing for the game that it got nerfed. BEST CHANGE.
    Anyone saying bards are worthless now because they don't literally give INFINITE mana is a troll.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

It was hilariously overpowered and has been changed to hilariously underpowered with a whopping Endurance cost. For a class that has a very small amount of active, veteran players that was already hovering dangerously close to no-fun status on raids I can see this being the final straw for many.
  17. bbanz Elder

Maybe not worthless, but pretty damn close when compared to beastlords and enchanters when it comes to ADPS and CC.
  18. Laronk Augur

It's a good thing that it happened because players should be able to run out of mana in an event, if you can't run out of mana why even have mana?
    fransisco likes this.
  19. Laronk Augur

Well bards provide a ton of ADPS still, if they didn't provide enough ADPS to be worth their spots on raids then you wouldnt see guilds complaining that there isn't enough bards on their raids or you would see guilds start to sit their bards out and stop recruiting bards (like beastlords during underfoot)
    fransisco likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

People sound like the only adps a bard ever brought was their dicho....
    Also, bards shouldn't EVER compare to enchanters on caster adps. They are not supposed to.
    Enchanters are supposed to be better caster adps. Bards rock on melee adps, to which chanters don't even compare.