balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strawberry Augur

Well, it's not '''nonsense", it was probably both.

It's not hard to imagine that when multiple people are pulling massive trains, and when similar zones are loaded all onto the same server, that the server can't handle it. The server has to calculate where the mob is going, there are probably expensive prediction algorithms in play, it's not hard to imagine a server buckling under the amount of stress from multiple people pulling 100+ mobs at a time.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I had a weird pull in DH HA, I think it was Ritual. Bard tried to pull all the mobs in the zone and when he got back, we all ended up getting FD'd, repeatedly. As far as I know, there are no mobs that can cast FD in the Ritual HA, and also no way for a cleric or bard to FD on their own.

At the time, we were so convinced it was server lag or such that we didn't even bother to look at logs or even try to repeat it, but now I wish we had. Anybody else try to pull the whole instance?
  3. Sindaiann Augur

The biggest problem with this whole thread is that I actually agree with most of what Maedhros has said.

To me that is completely unacceptable.

For this, common sense and reason should be nerfed.
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I thought this thread was going to be a fun ride. Instead it only is at 9 pages.

If I post that video of me soloing that mob in Chardok, thread would be 25+ pages by now and all pet defensive AA would be permanently removed from game.

Amateurs :(
    Vrinda, Vdidar, fransisco and 3 others like this.
  5. Drogba Augur

Many of us have been doing those instances in a single pull for years. prolly 100 times here, and don't ever recall fd's.
    Bamkan likes this.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

He's referring to the tendency for a large swarm of mobs to rubberband, and then drop aggro because they get dumb and lost, then out of range.

I've had this problem in the grounds, where if you try to pull the whole zone everything starts taking 5 minutes to get anywhere b/c they're rubberbanding so hard. Plus, you can't aggro new mobs unless the rubberbandball runs over them. Even whacking them with your sword does zip. Too many mobs looking for too many pathing nodes and the zone goes ffffffffffffffff uuuuuuuuuu t(^^t)

It's neat.

edit: and to get this thread back on topic, a mage solo'd a mob in current content. What are the devs going to do to fix this?
    Sindaiann likes this.
  7. Drogba Augur

If that's what he meant, nice translation.
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

I'm assuming that's what he meant, anyway.

Mobs in EOK do auto-fade, which is weird. Can literally just run from the top of Chardok to the very bottom with no worries because your trains will automatically fade for you every 100 steps or so.

btw, on the current Test patch, Mortal Coil has been stealth-nerfed to have a max lifetap return of 1,000 hp per charge.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

10. Khat_Nip Meow

That would be ridiculous.
    1st, after Mortal Coil was introduced we got the potential of the Mortal Residue blocker added.
    2nd, we got counters added to Mortal Coil, as well as counters added to a multitude of our other abilities.
    3rd time's the charm with reducing the healing of Mortal Coil itself?

That would be messed up.
  11. Drogba Augur

12. gotwar Gotcharms

Was just trollin' to try and get you to log into test and say hi :(

MC pretty dang powerful in older content, and still really great in current content, but I don't think it needs some heavy-handed nerf. Like a lot of classes, SK's are deadly in the right hands, and just sorta meh for everyone else.
  13. Drogba Augur

lol. does that mean they did or didn't stealth nerf MC over there?
    Bamkan likes this.
  14. gotwar Gotcharms

They did not, only nerfs were to the unintentionally buffed ench/BL nukedot lines.

oh, and locked doors. locked doors got stealth nerfed hard.
  15. Cicelee Augur

SHHHHHH.
    Drogba likes this.
  16. Repthor Augur

if we cant nerf mages. can we atleast agree on nerfing monks some more. I mean thats something we can all get behind right ?
    fransisco, Brohg and Sancus like this.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Listen, about mage pets, I think we need a total and complete shutdown of Mages playing Everquest until our CRTs can figure out what is going on.
    fransisco, Azzurri, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  18. Piemastaj Augur

Wait, we have CRT members?
  19. Sancus Augur

Sorry, that's only for real classes....
    fransisco, Azzurri and Brohg like this.
  20. Drogba Augur

Man, you should've waited it out a little longer. I was about to log in lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.