balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Thanks for affording me a little respect by not calling my ideas "dumb" or saying I "dont have a clue".

If the OP's video(!!!) isn't enough instruction for you to figure out what he's doing (and why it is so easy), then perhaps you are missing a key skill. Maybe searching the Internet is the highly-valued skill you speak of?
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I feel like I'm not even playing the same game as that video.
    Vrinda likes this.
  3. Piemastaj Augur

What he did not show is when he kills the AE DPS consistently for the first few pulls. ;)

I think the real purpose of this post is simple though, Mage pets are too strong and should be nerfed yet again. It is the only logical thing to be done after seeing this stuff.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I watched the video finally. I noticed that on some of those 10+ mob encounters, the SK that was tanking went under 95% health.

As someone who strives for balance, this is totally unacceptable. A SK that is tanking 10+ EOK mobs should never go below 95% health. I hope that the devs are able to provide the much needed and utterly necessary boosts to the SK class so that they can achieve the balance that is desired.

Furthermore, as a solo magician with no boxes, I was able to solo a Chardok mob today. As Piemastaj alluded to earlier, this is unacceptable. In no way shape or form should I, a magician, be able to solo a current T2 expansion trash mob. Please nerf my class so that we can have some game balance with the SK's...
    Graves, Sindaiann, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I started to type a whole paragraph. Then I changed my mind. Can I have some of what you're on?
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  6. Critts Augur

We should all just stop playing.
  7. Thraine Augur

ok you 1st
  8. Repthor Augur

Buff warriors
    Zaknaffein likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

poor poor paladins. Not one call for a pally nerf in a 7 page tank thread!
  10. Thraine Augur

feeling left out? lol

Pallys heal too good for a hybrid, NERF EM!!
  11. ShadowMan Augur

Can rogues have rogues fury made into perma buff?
  12. Triconix Augur

True, not any old tank can walk in and do that, but let's be real. It's not like EQ is all that difficult. The Dark Souls series is 100x harder than this game and they are not even the hardest games around (although that first boss in DS3 can toss you around like a rag doll if you choose certain classes). Maybe I'm just one of those young fast-paced kids that everyone grumbles about.
  13. Sancus Augur

The hardest part of EQ is knowing what buttons to press, not pressing them.
    Sindaiann, Clarisa, Azzurri and 3 others like this.
  14. Bard_Bard Journeyman

Wrong the hardest part of eq is dealing with nerfs.

WRU Bard 350k dps. This make me sad.
  15. Maedhros High King

Drogba is the most powerful knight I've ever seen. You are dumb if youre trying to belittle the skill it takes to do what he does. I promise you, give 99% of SKs his gear and let them watch the video and 99% wont do this anywhere near as well as he does.
    Zamiam likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Thank goodness I play a class that has only two buttons to press: /pet attack and a Giant Modulation Shard hotkey. Although it did take me two years to figure out how to make a mod rod hotkey, and I still have not figured out how to add in the swarm pet attack to my /pet attack hotkey.

Then again I am a terribad magician. Steel Vengeance FTW is what I say! O and earth pets on raids. Cause you know I like to tank those big bad bosses!
    Xinj, Vdidar, Azzurri and 2 others like this.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

So what you are saying is the 1% is trying to hold down the 99%, so typical!
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I wish you had the ability to comprehend the words I wrote when I said, "And I'm not taking anything away from the OP by saying that, from watching the video, you can tell that this does not require a high level of skill." I have said nothing negative about Drogba. It takes a lot of time and commitment to a guild to farm that much gear.

My point, and I'll say it again, is that the OP's video is not a display of skill. It is a display of how SK's (and maybe other tanks) are easily able to withstand a lot of mobs without difficulty. And, as I and others have shared, other SKs can do similar in gear that is far less than Drogba's.

@Maedhros, go pick a fight with somebody else. Maybe the Hello Kitty forums will take you?
    Xinj and Xanathol like this.
  19. fransisco Augur

In fairness to the OP - all tanks are too powerful compared to non tank players/pets/mercs.
    Vrinda likes this.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

There is a disparity, but tanks are just fine. Other classes need to be brought up, so that there is a reason to play them or so that they can solo effectively (or even at all). But nerfing tanks is a terrible idea for the entire community!

Tanks being able to handle many mobs is good for everybody. Why would we want to make the grind longer for everybody? And that is really all this boils down to: being able to grind the 15k-ish new AAs in a bearable amount of time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.