At what point does Permacamping violate EULA?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Tegila Augur

lol thanks honky.

i was intentionally ambiguous bc the came im specificly referring to and the reason/method its being permacamped is controversial to some depending on their class sometimes, also bc it's on behalf of friends and perhaps my own alt, that all would like to make use of said area, nto just me "whining" lol.

ok. everyone either loves or hates headshot. but when you see the same 1 person literally 48+ hrs straight taking the "main" camp for that skill (since it's less flexible of a skill than say assassinate and thus hass fewer efficient places to make use of it etc) knowing fullwell the entire server's population of lvl 93+ members of that class, as well as regular groups, want to get in at least every so often for a period...and you don't give them the chance to even take over for 30minutes...there's a problem.

there's also a problem when you finally leave said camp and the instant you get it back (within 8 hours of leaving it previously) you announce you're going ot keep it for at least the next 16 hours, again, yes it interferes. my question is at what point is it so excessive that soemthign needs done about it.

no there's no hacking involved, could be account-sharing that i don't know, no one's afk-farming anything either, that's not how this camp works, and it is the current toplevel hotzone in the game, thus, it's not old or rarely used. it is in fact the exact opposite: the most in-demand area to kill in in the game, at least until next expansion.
  2. Laronk Augur

Headshot somewhere else?
    Tobynn likes this.
  3. Tegila Augur

tahts not the point. there are other places, but 1 person monopolizing the same area and all mobs in it for that period of time is just wrong. i don't need to headshot, i like to for a bit here and there, and there are other places that arent quite sagood but doable, but the point isnt about headshot as it is about 1 specific area all mobs nonstop etc. and that camp in particular is the only one that drops some for tasks for people and these guys if you even come near the area start yelling at you, so i doubt theyre even giving those people the opportunity to do their quests.

share the wealth. after a few hours let soemone else come for a little bit. that's all. you'll get it back soon enough, sooner if you're fair than if you monopolize like that.
  4. Leerah Augur

I figured this was about Feerott. How about you ask SOE to make more places where rangers can do this instead of complaining about people who got there first? I suggested that instanced xp be increased to be comeasurate with open zone xp on the old forums.

On Povar, we have an informal Ranger's Alliance where we keep the camp away from people who are known to monopolize it. We also invite people to run lessons every 30-60 mins. If you don't want to share xp with other people, go find another camp.

Tunary/Motherlee 95 rangers of Povar
  5. Leerah Augur

Perydia likes this.
  6. Recnarp Augur

You can still pull those mobs even if someone has setup camp there. As long as you were the first one to aggro it, you should be fine. Actually makes things lively when you're racing to kill mobs faster so you get more mobs than the others.
  7. Leerah Augur

No, I don't like lively. I don't like competition. It makes my stomach hurt. I get into a zen state while leveling people there. There's not enough mobs there to not have to wait for respawns. Although, sometimes, we have 2 slower rangers so nobody has to hustle too hard.
  8. Tegila Augur

i agree that making instanced zones have the bonus also would help this, but the point is also that these people ARE monopolizing and if you sneak in before they get there they will scream and train and killsteal you. I jsut went through it after talkign to someone for an hour that was in the camp and happy this one guy wasnt there for once, he gave me the camp when he left. after twenty full minutes burning a lesson, the first id done solo in months lol, i start getting yelled at that i was campstealing. ...no one was there for those 20 minutes and the previous killer had given it to me. But then this guy (the one that monopolizes) said no you're stealing my campI wasnt here but this group was here with the other ranger before you and they invited me. Since when does a group of afk people doing nothign and not killinganything, own an area? even in our own selfimposed societal camp rules...they dont. first in force, and afk means you're not there.

I subsequently got swore at, told "we will share"...and i did. I keep HoTT open all the time, camp alts in other zones in group so i can always use leadership aa's for that reason...so I wouldnt killsteal any mob anyone else had on aggro first. and 90% of the mobs they never touched..until they started killstealing mobs i had on aggro first. And then, trained me.

We always did have a "ranger alliance" of sorts also, before this guy came along. People would kill for a few hours or whatever, and pass it on to someone else. No one monopolized it for days on end. Now everyone jsut wants to make sure you wont give it to this guy, and he jsut takes it anyway if you're there first. SOE does need to do soemthing about this, maybe a few somethings. Yes there are other places to do things but none are nearly as good as this place, unlike assassinate rangers arent only limited by level and mobtype, but also space and summonability, so the locations shrink a lot. Making the instanced version have the bonus would at least alleviate some problems, but not all. Once RoF comes out I'm sure there will be new hotzones, and if there aren't, there will be more available mobs at 96 and they wont be all in 1 small area like this, but this issue will reoccur. It's occurred in the past but never to this extreme. Heck 6 months ago or so no one even knew about the camp that I saw except myself, and I didnt overuse it like this. IF this was a double xp weekend I could see the tempers flaring up moreso, but this is ridiculous as an everyday thing. If you even come close to the area you're accused of campstealing lol.

things are just out of hand. I'm sure this particular guy in question isnt the only one that does this, he's just the main culprit on our server, and he's a royal jerk about it.
  9. Hatsee Augur

If they are swearing then report them, that's likely a suspension right there.

I know many people do it but when you are trying to intimidate or otherwise harass someone that doesn't deserve it that's uncalled for.
  10. Shang Augur

I think you're jealous and need to let other people have the camp they're at.

You say most people will let people take the camp from them... I've seen more people say, 'let me know when you leave.'
  11. shiftie Augur

I thought flipping instances was more xp than the singular camp. This sounds a lot like people being mad they can't powerlevel at a static spot b/c running through the instances is cumbersome with multiple toons.
  12. Ronak Augur

Instance is faster. As stated above.
  13. WarSheol Augur

I think the answer the OP may be looking for is the bit of info in the EULA that states a real player has to be at the keyboard controling their characters.

The problem I think many have is with the afk people who are sleeping while their mercs kill all night.

and since w are comparing long play times my personal longest session was 24 hours straight, the first year of the Fableds I was on th Emarr server back then and we formed a line so all who waited for sure got one. Only problem was the lack of warriors in line lol so I ended up tanking most of that time and a little beyond. :cool:
  14. Tegila Augur

i didnt say let you take the camp, i said rotating through as in next person in line when you leave, you let them know, etc.

im not jealous lol i posted to start on behalf of other people having the problem mainly, but then later tonight i was the one there for 20minutes and get trained etc. (i, as in my ranger) so now it is my problem as well.

When the guy also tells you in response to "would you let me know when you leave?" that they are goingot be there for at least the next 15 hours..and then 18+ hours later theyre NOT there, you go, in full agreement with the person that is there and is leaving, and start killing and 20 minutes later that guy that did have said camp for 15+ hours prior comes in and starts swearing killstealing and training you...it's not jealousy lol. You took over the camp fair and square then he shows up later claiming it was always his, the entire time even though he wasnt there...

The guy wasnt AT the camp in the first place when I went there, or an hour earlier when I went to check on it on a whim. Another guy was, and was leaving in an hour, and gave it to me when he left, after talking to him for an hour. No one tried to take anything from the monopolizer, it was he that thought that he owned every mob there even when he's not there, and that no one else has the right to kill them.
  15. iniari-TR Augur

though soe doesnt offically recognize a "camp", unofficially its any number of mobs a player can handle. as far as afk xping , soe has stated its ok as long as its not disruptive. ie; killing nameds. / task mobs.
    also regarding monopolizing an area soe means a zone or named / epic / quest mob.
    it may not be very nice to stay in one area killing a ton of mobs for hours and hours but in that situation soe will say there are plenty of other zones / areas to xp in.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've always found sending a tell to whoever has the camp, the best way to get the kills/drops you need from this camp.

Most people don't mind you killing a few and leaving, or they tell you they have the drop on a corpse you can loot.

Its not just this camp in Feerrott either, I've had trouble finding red skellys up as Pallys/SKs are playing with them. Again a friendly tell mind if I kill a couple always does the trick.
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Taadieri Journeyman

I have been having trouble on Drinal finding the Feerrott temples camp opened and have encountered a single person being there for truly extended periods, and also groups of semi-afk toons who are too low level to hold the camp effectively claiming it and then handing it off to whatever ranger will agree to let them leach xp. If there are only a couple of them, I am happy to group them with me, but since I only look for this camp when I want to level a couple toons on my other accounts, I can't take 4 others and have to give up the option to summon up a cleric merc for named spawns if I take on 3 more.

Personally, if I am after xp for just myself, I prefer to headshot in instanced zones. I am really hoping that new ranks of the AA open up the Dreadlands and Faydark islands in the two missions of the Al'Kabors Nightmare zone. Unfortunately, in the Feerrott instances it is really inconvenient and inefficient to drag alts around behind you while you move from one lizardman camp to another.

P.S. any ranger that has this camp that won't let others get quest drops, or even cooperate with someone trying to complete the hunter achievement when asked politely is a jerk and is quickly going to find himself even more unpopular with his fellow rangers than with the other people in the zone. I mean, why act in a way that is sure to lead other classes to call for another nerf to your own? And yes, this applies to undead camps being dominated by paladins, to raid-equipped monks pulling half of the mobs in Fortress Mechanotus in a couple pulls and any other place where one class's skills let them dominate an area that would otherwise support an entire group. Enjoy what you can do, but do everything you can to acommodate those around you in the process.
    Leerah and Orablast like this.
  18. Shang Augur

Your first post made it sound hypothetical, my mistake. You should have clearly labeled this thread as a whine about a specific person/instance, establishes character much faster.
  19. Sympatroniqe New Member

I remember the "line up" for Ragefire the human for cleric epic 1. Waited for 5 days for my turn. Never offline but often afk LOL. But everyone took turns keeping track of the spawns and made sure all knew what was going on even when u were afk. Guess that Time has passed.
  20. Geroblue Augur

Rare, but people have died playing games on computers. When I was in the Navy, we spent as much as 40 hours without sleep. I don't suggest it. Our health certainly suffered, but we weren't just sitting around. Repair work on electronics, much of it around high voltage, is not safe to do when you lack sleep.

As for camps. I've shared areas. Like the rats north of the volcano in Blightfire. Or the hill giants in Rathe Mountains.
    Leerah likes this.