At what point does Permacamping violate EULA?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Oct 13, 2012.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

The guy he's referring to sits at the FV Temples camp near 24/7. AFKs his toons there when he's sleeping or whatever. Even has one in the bazaar selling and campfires it back when he gets a "customer". He is a disgrace to the all Rangers and disrepectful to the server. I'm sure in his mindseye he owns that camp and is probably very proud of himself for it.

I've even mentioned to my small circle of friends that we should go there and start pulling mobs from some of the Temples as they spawn. They are too nonconfrontational for this though. But really, it's him and people like him that will have HS messed with again.
    Leerah likes this.
  2. Raluden Elder

Four words for you: Bow of the Destroyer.

Go try and get one.
  3. Leerah Augur

It's all servers. There are (estimated :-D) two jerks on each server causing grief for everyone. I had a guy from another server come in, ask me the wait time. I told him two hours. He proceeded to send me multiple tells telling me what a sucky ranger I was and since I wasn't killing them fast enough, SOE said that he could have as many as he wanted. (I clear the whole pennisula before repops at the second temple are done.) He started KSing, training and mocking me in OOC. I called Ladari (another female ranger) to come join me. (At this point, the 2 hour promise is off!) We made sure we engaged every lizard before he could get it. After 8 hours of this, he left. (I thought at first the GM had removed him, but he was back, harrassing another ranger the next night.) A few nights later after the Rangers' Alliance taught him how we do things on Povar, he sent me a tell saying, "I am waiting patiently for the camp. I don't know anyone on this server." I told him he had gotten off to a bad start on meeting people but luckily EQ players have short memories. (Except me.) I let him have the camp when I was done. Next time, I will invite him as I was preparing to do after the first interaction with him. Quellious rated high on cooperativity, IMNSHO. We're spreading the message that EQ is about community. As you can see, there's one poster on the other thread about camp time that still doesn't get that.

*.Lee of Povar
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  4. Leerah Augur

We cooperate on that too. I got thrown off this time by the servers being patched during his spawn time. They then came up early. Just FYI, the 12 hour after server up rule isn't true anymore.

Got one Bow in 2012.

Lee/Tunary of Povar.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

AFK killing is doable everywhere. There's nothing complicated involved. Here's how you do it:

Normal method: get 2-3 accounts. Get a healer merc on one, a tank merc on another, and a dps merc on another. Sit them at a light blue spot where the healer + tank + dps merc combo are able to take on the mobs by themselves. Go afk and enjoy the auto leveling.

PL method 1: get a high level pet class with a healer merc. Group your lowbie who is able to get exp with the pet class with the pet class. Get to a camp - whatever you're able to handle with just a merc + pet - turn off pet hold, put your lowbie at a safe spot but in range to get exp, and afk.

PL method 2: for outdoor zones, you don't need a healer merc. Just get a mount and sit on it so you regen hp at OOC rate. This ensures mobs won't be able to wear you down over time. This allows you to use a DPS merc and achieve the same as the first route.

No third party software / out of game programs required. It's slow, but it's steady, and it's free exp provided you don't care about merc costs.

The moment they introduced mercs is the moment they gave the ability to auto level to EVERYONE.
  6. Falos Augur

I find it disturbing how many people insist on using the non instance of feerrott, even knights are smart enough to mostly limit themselves to instances. On the rare occasion i headshot exp I exclusively use the feerrott instance. The hotzone bonus is not a big enough deal to stress over.

That being said this guy i see others in this thread talking about on the firiona server. I'm glad he's not on my server or he'd be done.
  7. Trevalon Augur

Wow a whole bunch of opinions and very little facts. So here ya go according the Play Nice Policy (The policy for Conduct that GM's go by - the EULA is something totally different)

There are no camps in EQ, if someone is killing all the mobs in the area then you are entitled to kill whatever you want as long as you get first agro. If you get first agro and they kill the mob that is kill stealing and they were in the wrong.

If you were to get a GM involved they would tell you to split the mobs evenly between the two parties. So technically you can force him into evenly splitting the spawns by petitioning him. Is it worth you time to do that? If this is an ongoing thing that happens every day all day then yes perhaps it is. Force him enough and he'll either stop arguing and let you take half or he will eventually get suspended for breaking the PnP.

Is it the nice thing to do? Who cares? If hes being the A-hole and killing all the mobs for huge extended amounts of time then I say just take whatever mobs you want. Whats he going to do about it? Cry? Big deal.

Personally, If I showed up and he was there I would send him a tell and ask him how long he planned to be there. If he said a short amount of time I would ask him to let me have the camp when he was done and that I would be killing just a few side mobs till then - if he said a long time I would tell him that according to the PnP he has to share mobs so you WILL be taking half the mobs whether he likes it or not - at that point if he tries to KS you, just petition em.
  8. Talif Augur

I remember spending over two days using a druid to kill in UBugs while watching track for Ragefire to spawn for my cleric's epic. Became the master of 5 minute power naps near the end...
  9. Taurline New Member

I find this response quite silly, either wait your turn or go find something else to do. If its a quest mob most people are cool about sharing. If someone is monopolizing the camp, which is in my opinion someone trying to gear up a few alts for days on end, then yeah force the issue but that should be an exception not the rule. Even then see my 1st sentence.
  10. Siddar Augur

Next patch should say.

Reduced exp gained in non instanced HoT Feerrott to below that gained in instanced versions of the zone, to stop the headshot complaining.

This is why you can't have nice things have a nice day.
    Leerah and Xnao like this.
  11. silku Augur

Or increased exp gained in instanced zones.
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Gladare Augur

The instance exp is already the same. Take the two minutes and test it yourself.
    Recnarp likes this.