Assuming the bans/fixes start to really work..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zurd, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Steampunk Augur

I apologize for responding to a question and apparently upsetting you.
  2. Silv Augur

Oh, it wasn't upsetting. It's just amusing when people try and pull real world -anything- into EQ as if it has any relevance. It wasn't specifically about you although quoting you helped point that out.
  3. Steampunk Augur

That's OK, I wasn't really apologizing anyway.
  4. Silv Augur

I'd avoid using the world 'apologize' then if that's the case. :rolleyes:
    noclue likes this.
  5. Steampunk Augur

I'll bear that in mind.
    Silv likes this.
  6. lalaloup Augur

The same is true for highlighting peoples real life economic differences.

Grumpy stuff rolling around tonight.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Even if it is, some people with say kids or family to take care of might have well in excess of that and actually find budgeting that much for entertainment challenging.

I knew a freaking dentist pulling down close to $200k a year (in the late 80s at that!), but due to his wife being crippled in a car accident and having a child with Down Syndrome was was actually in terrible financial shape month to month because of both of those family members being so costly to care for. (Plus taking care of himself and his healthy daughter)

Sure DINK situations like myself (and likely you) laugh about that kind of money, but to others it's serious business.
  8. Friday Augur

I guess times have changed since I quit way back when so many years ago. This game is starting to look more corrupt than the government of Argentina. Exploits and "dupes"? Tried to figure out what was going on but devs kept closing any threads of folks discussing these subjects for days; now we find out they were not "unfounded accusations" or "wild speculation" in the least.

Looks to me like krono killed the economy, a massive influx of illegitimate plat is just burying the corpse. It would be very nice to have a legit "clean game" come the newly announced TLP featuring one box limit, but I am beginning to doubt very seriously whether DB can pull it off, or even that it will be a priority.
    Ohsnap and Fallfyres like this.