Assuming the bans/fixes start to really work..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zurd, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Zurd Lorekeeper

And I'm glad to see Holly/DBG announcing a desire to crack down on exploits/cheats.

What we are still going face an issue of Krono farming that is far and away larger and having a more negative impact on TLP than anything that's been faced "under allowable rules" that I can think of.

Consequently I strongly in favor of making kronos no-trade on TLP...but probably not going to happen so moving on to the next point...

It appears we've had a massive cash infusion onto servers (that doesn't belong there)..the result has been way more pp than should be in the game and inflation on items that makes no sense..but which is fracturing not just the economy but also the player base.

I suspect it's not functional to simply roll back the pp from whence it came without massive penalties to people who haven't been cheating or intending to cheat.

So I'm suggesting DBG add in some more meaningful pp sinks. Not simple but not impossible. Maybe more buff potions or even short duration items (rez potions? gate potions? some fun weapons that last 12 hours then poof? Pets that could attack but poof on dying?) for a medium cost that are interesting enough to invite purchase but which might only last for a month or two to bleed out the excess cash.

It's voluntary, it is easily controllable, and it doesn't punish people who weren't part of the problem.

I don't say that I've got "THE" solution, but I think there's some merit on considering these kinds of approaches to help sooth things over (while continuing to ban the S*#$ out of exploiters).
  2. Hateseeker Augur

What if they enabled some later tradeskills sooner? Like for example, Ykesha tailoring, people could make Robe of Tempest (improved damage 3), which wouldn't really be game-breaking but would cause folks to start putting money into tradeskills like mad.

And it just plain makes sense anyway, as those items aren't really that good in the actual released eras anyway, making tradeskills less valuable than they could have been.
  3. rick Augur

platinum sinks ONLY move the weight to someone else to carry

I have been having serious issues on my enchanter due to the huge PP sinks with research and JC..

JC was always an in game sink BUT the researching is 10x worse than i remember from back in 1999 or 2001 (can't remember when i left).

eventually things will balance out IF DBG doesn't panic and do a reflex rebalance..

THE high end guilds and players who had it all before will again have it all..

this loud and vocal complaints will only drive people away
  4. taliefer Augur

Lots of things they could do. Nothing they will do. Resources limited and all that.

Fippy had a massive plat dupe and the server trudged on. Sucks yes, but not the end of the world.

In fact I don't think there has been a single server in the history of EQ that hasn't had a plat dupe at one point.
  5. Tudadar Augur

If possible I think theyh should undo as many trades as possible and keep a eye on tradeskills/other quests or platsinks that may have been done. There is no reason a few people should benefit a lot from exploits through extra pp / gear / tradeskills and others fall more behind.

If they choose this path they really should announce ASAP to limit trading.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Babyruthie Elder

While thats true Taliefer, Fippy's pp dupe was nothing compared to this one. Not even remotely close. This economy will be ruined for years if it's not tracked down and wiped out, of which I have zero confidence in their ability or desire to do so.
  7. Skipper Augur

Anyone know for sure if anyone has been banned for duping? Don't post names as that is against forum rules, I am simply interested if anything is being done.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. rick Augur

IF they look into this issue I and hit the ban hammer on it I certainly hope they look back over past month or more that Krono were artificially held down BY a few player possibly selling between alts..

BOTTOM line there is no price control within the game
  9. Tudadar Augur

People werent allowed to buy for more? Were they scared of people in a game and refused to offer more?
  10. Korillo Augur

I don't understand why the option to transfer to servers other than Ragefire or Lockjaw were even an option.
  11. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Why would DBG investigate that? Are you saying it involved some form of exploit? I don't believe that manipulating the market is something they would look into.
  12. HionKrak New Member

I can confirm that I know of a ban. No plat dupe involved. There was selling krono on RF and moving money to LJ. 100% sure there was no cheat involved other than transferring money to LJ from RF.
    rick likes this.
  13. Skipper Augur

Nor should there be price controls. Actually, stating that Kronos were being artificially held down in price is nonsense. Even if attempted, they failed miserably.
  14. Grish Augur

I seriously doubt there will be any bans, they will suspend people for a week and maybe take away some PP and then the same people will be back finding new ways to exploit. So basically business as usual.
  15. HionKrak New Member

Kind of silly to even suspend for trading across LJ and RF servers when they allowed it to happen. Again the ban I know of had no play dupe and no transfer to xek or anything of the sort. Just moving money from krono sales that were bought over time. The funny thing is had the krono not been sold it would have been worth more now.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Skipper Augur

I don't understand that one. If no dupe was involved, the other is actually allowed under current rules of the transfers it seems.
    Simone likes this.
  17. Tudadar Augur

Round here on the forums some comments have higher % chance of being legit then others. That was a low % chance one :p
    Behee likes this.
  18. Skipper Augur

I hope not. I couldn't buy any Kronos on RF and transferred a toon with legit earned plat to LJ to buy some Kronos. I had no idea that wasn't allowed (if it is indeed not allowed). Geez, why do people like me that don't cheat have to worry. I didn't think anything was wrong with that.
  19. Numiko Augur

That's if his friend was telling Him the truth....
    If you were duping plat and your buddy asked hey! where did you get all that plats?

Do you answer "oh man! I figured out a exploit and duped Billions bro!" :D

or say "oh yea... I .. umm.. sold a bunch of Krono my mom gave me" :oops:
  20. HionKrak New Member

So the one I know about had multiple accounts (main account and account used as a trader). Main account transferred to LJ from ragefire and noticed that kroon prices were much lower than on RF. Sold about 50 krono on RF on trader account (which were legitimately bought. Then transferred to LJ with the platinum made from RF krono sales. About 25 krono were bought back at lower (LJ) prices. After that krono prices skyrocketed and no more were able to be bought at reasonable prices. No other things happened to receive the ban.