Assuming DBG opens a second server: would you really go?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wichie Wtf, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weverley Augur

If the 2nd server woould be 1 account only or 2 if ur wife play i would go.
  2. Vadaael Journeyman

I don't care either way, I have stopped playing on ragefire for now. I would have liked to continue but the lack of decent people has caused me to bail. Too many spoiled kids playing this game with mums credit card. Thinking its funny to train people over and over again purposefully. Back in the day, you didn't train like that. It would cost you XP that would take days to recover from. They don't understand this and don't care.
    Xanadas likes this.
  3. fazool Augur

If they make the second server different than the first. Not just another of the same. That will reduce overcrowding but they need to do more than that. They need to enforce the PNP rules and eliminate the lawlessness and win-at-all-cost FFA.
    Tamier likes this.
  4. Tachya Elder

If the same ruleset: Yes!

If no boxing: double yes

If they give in to earlier Kunark or such, then no.
    Tamier likes this.
  5. Tamier Augur

That would definately include you Tronk. Because some people enjoy playing without boxers, and you complain on every single one of those posts. Hypocritical much?
  6. Tamier Augur

I would prefer it still be classic, but if they put a code in to stop boxing, i'd play it no mater what they started with, even if that was + kunark and velious, or even pop as well.
  7. Indigo Augur

Faster rule set for releasing expacs and I'm there.
  8. Arrk Augur

I would go...

Same ruleset... Check!
    Same timeframe... Check!
    No Boxing... Check!

I would also support one character created allowed. That would stop a lot of the quest manipulations going on... like farming thousands of bone chips and then shared banking them for another character to turn in and level on.
    Tamier likes this.
  9. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

Sorry but they can't just change the existing server to suit the guild that wants things to move faster.. they knew going in what the rules were. This server was voted on and that's how it should stay. I am not starting over because I subbed again to get the maximum nostalgia on ragefire. If they want to make the new server faster go ahead.. but unless they offered free transfers I am keeping my character how it is and want the server to stay how it was voted.
  10. Hendar2 Augur

I've said this in another thread, but it bears repeating. Keeping the rulesets the same would make it easier to merge them down the line. In that spirit, one vote to unlock both servers, or eliminate the voting. Don't let the servers get out of sync.
    SuedeVeil likes this.
  11. Risiko Augur

12. Jezzie Augur

Second server would be just the same as Ragefire as far as locked down content.
    The only difference is it would remove the need for the wait to login which would be awesome for most people, but don't expect anything else.
    And no, I played on Vulak, not doing that again.
  13. Tamier Augur

The Ragefire server holds more than fippy and vulak combined, plus a thousand or two that can't get it. There is enough population that there may never need to be a merge. Some people are calling for a second server to be completely different. Of course there is the group demanding faster, since they lost the vote. There is a group demanding no boxing, since boxing is controlling everything in a very anti-social manner in most TLP servers. There are groups who want it the same, so they can just move to a server with more room. Who knows what DBG's will do. If they were smart, they'd have another poll to find out what the majority of players want, and satisfy the largest customer base possible. But i'm guessing they'll just pick one and say thats it.
  14. Nostrings New Member

Not to sound rude but all i see on the new server are level 10+ 6 boxing people using 4 mages one enchanter and a healer and only god knows what "legal" macro to WIN.
    I used a Pocket Buffer during PoP and later too, but never played more then one Toon a time.
    Maybe this is why i never reached 105 max AA and 45 million pp in bank, but i enjoyed the game at some time.
  15. rune00 Augur

If it's a boxers only server I would for sure.
  16. Tamier Augur

You would have Ragefire as a boxer only server, if they made the new server no boxing. Win win for everyone. :p
  17. Gremin Augur

If a second server which is the same as Ragefire and is intended to be merged at a later date then Dead Halfling Society would move there.
  18. Kahna Augur

I wouldn't. It will have the smaller of the two populations and I don't want to play on Vulak again.

Many of you "I would switch" People seem to be making up rules for the new server. Far more likely that it will be a clone of this one, if it even happens. So... Would you still switch if...

It was the same ruleset
    It allows boxers
    You would have to pay $25 to transfer your character to Ragefire later if the population declined to the point of unplayability. (They didn't merge or offer free transfers off Vulak. No reason to assume they would this time.)
  19. Vaclav Augur

Yes - transfer preferred - but I'd go regardless.
  20. demigod Journeyman

IN A HEARTBEAT. This server is so packed I can't even find a group or a camp to kill mobs at.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.