Assuming DBG opens a second server: would you really go?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wichie Wtf, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wichie Wtf New Member

See above. I am all about a second server. I think it borders on absurd that one wasn't hasn't been opened days ago. If a poll were to take place, my vote would be a resounding yes.

But if such server were, in fact, opened, I wonder how many of us would go? How many of us have crossed that "point of no return," even if such point amounts to less than a week /played? Me, an aspiring shadow knight, bordering on level 20, who has made friends; joined an awesome guild; started business relationships; amassed a small fortune from trades; etc. - I'm not sure I would take the plunge.

Would you?
  2. beyrak Augur

If a second and faster rule set, you will be surprised how many, including TL.
  3. Tamier Augur

Since the top raid guilds and boxers will most likely go to the new server to be at the top again, I am considering stay here as I think TL will not be there, nor would as many boxers stay here I think (or hope at least). If they made the second server have software to identify 3rd party programs and boot people, then I would go to it.

You make some valid points on why some would stay, and that may change my mind. I believe what it will come down to, is will they allow a short time transfer of characters from Ragefire to the new server. If so, more people would go then stay I think.
  4. Jaxarale01 Augur

Yes no hesitation at all
  5. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Play on both, of course. Twice the raid targets.
    Tronk likes this.
  6. Unique_Moop Augur

New ruleset or movelog enabled? 100%
  7. Bumamgar Journeyman

TL won't switch servers... What they might do is split up and try to 'dominate' both servers...

Given that they have over 130 members (according to their website) they probably could.
  8. Oberon Augur

They could change nothing from the first one and more people would be on the new server than ragefire
  9. taliefer Augur

twice that, unless they already started the massive cuts that are inevitable in a guild that size
  10. Roguewiz Lorekeeper

I would only play or transfer if my friends do so. There are 4 of us total in the level 15-16 range.
  11. Unique_Moop Augur

Not saying its an option, but if the second server opened velious ofcouurse TL would move.
  12. Erydan Ouragan Journeyman

If they allowed copying over your existing chars/gear and had the same ruleset, and would merge in the future, possibly yes.
  13. beyrak Augur

You guys aren't even counting the thousands that haven't even started playing yet. We haven't seen the amount of people that will soon be playing here. There are many, many just waiting for Kunark to play.
    Adrienna likes this.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Only if the new server either had a different ruleset OR they offered free character transfers to Ragefire if population dropped below a certain threshold (they're saying that merges are complicated re: tlps)
  15. Tronk Augur

I would too. The only thing better than one prog server is two (assuming they have different rules). Of course, you can only be logged in to one at a time per account, so it will definitely help the queue times
  16. Tronk Augur

If they used the second most popular options on their polling from last month, it would be a fairly different server. Trilogy at start for one thing.
  17. Tamier Augur

One TL already tweeted on Holly's post they are looking forward to the new raid targets on a new server. So some of them at least, are planning on switching.
  18. Bumamgar Journeyman

Not switching... playing on both... There is so little content in classic and even Kunark, that one guild could easily dominate two servers. I would think that Velious might add enough to keep a guild busy on a single server, but before that, nah...
  19. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Only I'd they changed the rules to kunark launch or 3 month expansions. Them I'd do it in a heartbeat
  20. Nostrings New Member

No need to open a second server.just take a look at Fippy server.
    I played a magician to 22 then find myself just sitting on the Aviak Camp near Arena and wait 6 minutes to kill another mob.Maybe that was fun to me 15 years ago. tbh i dont remember.
    The past looks always golden, but for me and i bet many others THIS kind of gameplay is not what i want again. Maybe i roll a toon on FV server and enjoy some old places again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.