Assuming DBG opens a second server: would you really go?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wichie Wtf, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glistarian Augur

They could DOMINATE!!!!!!!! on both.

Would they actually put in the effort? Probably not. If they were really alpha players, they'd be on live, after all.
  2. RangerDave Lorekeeper

If they open a second server and opt to have differing unlock schedules, I think they should have the new server follow the Max Nostalgia option and convert Ragefire to the accelerated unlocks. The racers are the ones who want the accelerated unlocks and they're the ones who have advanced the most on Ragefire, so they would have more to lose by moving. Let them stay on Ragefire, and those of us who prefer a slower progression can move and start over.

Also, I can't stand the name Ragefire, so if the new server is named something less obnoxious (Lockjaw, ftw!) I'd rather go there. :D
    Vindor likes this.
  3. Ltldogg Augur

Yes
  4. Tronk Augur

If they went with second choices in their polls it would be:

Lockjaw
    Classic, Kunark, Velious
    Voting (No, but YES had a large majority)
    Accelerated Unlocks
  5. Master Kahleem Augur

If it starts on Kunark I'd drop my 34 mage in an instant. Classic for 6months is just absurd.
  6. Mappo Runt New Member

I would move to the new server.
  7. Oberon Augur

lockjaw classic
    no boxes
    TL banned
    Tamier likes this.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Possibly. Only have one level 7 toon here, so far.
  9. Tronk Augur

As well as anyone who complains about how other people enjoy playing.
    Xanadas likes this.
  10. Hendar2 Augur

Yes. I would transfer.
  11. Oberon Augur

No one left
  12. Tronk Augur

heh, plus they could add a poll after a few days to see if people want the FV no-trade rules.
  13. Pikallo Augur

Heh, they would play on both. Their recruiting statement on their website says "Can you play 12+ hours a day? Then we want you!" If you have nothing else going on in your life but Everquest, I'm pretty sure they would be able to "dominate" a 2nd server with the minimal amount of content that exists.

It certainly is pretty comical they use the term dominate. Due to the nature of the game on the TLP, all it really translates to is how much time you can spend playing.
  14. Lemuelbaruch Elder

Im only lvl 3 so id go lol....
  15. Misaligned Augur

I would move. I'm only level 18 but everything is so overcrowded I spend more time looking for mobs than killing mobs, and even when you find one it gets KSed half the time. /pick for starting zones was great but the threshold should be lowered for spawning new instances of other zones, or extend /pick beyond starting zones. All I know is once you get out of the starting zones it's just a cluster**** and the frustration is outweighing the fun.
    Valkerine likes this.
  16. Potsos76 Augur

Of course. Who wouldn't? We're less than a week in. I'd make toons on both, see which was looking better and stay on that one.
  17. Bramwell New Member

They should open a second one and give a warning that it will be merged into the first one at some point in the future regardless of progression on the new server and that the new server can never get ahead in progression of the first server. Basically it would attract anyone except the people who want to be first at the content.
  18. Belldandy Journeyman

Only if they brought back the PnP. Otherwise, I don't see the point.
  19. Valkerine Augur

OLLLLLLLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
  20. jdub New Member

This. I don't think either a) the current people playing played on any of the old combine/tlp servers previously, or b) did so, but have excruciatingly short short-term-memories. The server will be back to normal levels in 3 months after 2/5 of the population quit. It might pick back up a little during Kunark but will positively die down again quickly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.