Ask for 2000 plat or more for your Agnarr krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DariyaVika, May 31, 2017.

1. daffie999 Augur

I believe the reason people are upset (and I will be upset once I get there) is I am excited to camp those items myself. I may not be able to though if it is held down by box armies. I am hoping by taking things slowly I'll stay far enough behind the pack of wolves to enjoy the game, but who knows.
  2. Gablokar New Member

The thing I don't get is why people feel the need to send a /tell saying "LOL a krono for 2,000p!" when the item is offered in auction. Why people care what someone sells an item for is beyond me. If you don't want to pay the asked price, don't buy it.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

This server is really funny. Like 80% of the people who are level 50 are just people farming trying to buy krono and sell gear. The price of krono is going up insanely fast due to this, way, way faster than it did on Phinny. The price of gear is dropping super quick too, because there are WAY more picks than ever before and the people getting these items aren't wearing them, they are purely farming them to sell them.

The price of krono maxed out at like 2.5k-3k by the end of classic on Phinny, and we're almost to that point already not even 2 weeks in. This server isn't even going to be viable for the farmers in another 2 weeks, it won't be worth their time. It's really funny to watch it all go down.
    Kronko likes this.
  4. Drakkal Elder

It's because it's an auction that they do that, they hoping to start a negotiation or make you feel stupid for not knowing what thier precievd price should be. Stick to your guns and just reply with "Yep....". Alot of the time those same people will send tell an hour later offering full price.

I don't mind those kinds of tells because typically I don't go to the tunnel with the "I must sell this item to survive" mentality. The people that bug me are those that don't quite get that huge part of the EQ tunnel sale experience is in negotiation. So either they will not counter offer and just say "No" or get pissy with you.

Also I really don't get why soooo many people are willing to undercut by huge margins already. We had like 5 people selling krono for 1400-2k yesterday and doing well, until some idiot shows up and does a "wts krono 1k", something people don't understand about economics?

.....personally I wish krono were not a thing, but since they are I am definitely going to do my best to gouge the crap out of anyone buying them. It's sad that we literally have more people buying/selling krono then any other item on Agnarr atm.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Krono is the only item worth buying and selling because it's guaranteed to go up in value. No surprise it's the main item ec junkies like me buy and sell em for fun
  6. Pictarous Augur

Keep trying to play the market, armchair economists. You'll keep buying my Efreeti loot.
  7. Kronko Elder

TRUTH =)
  8. Amoeba Augur

I don't buy anything. I am a lowly paladin. Can't farm. Vendor trash sells for silver at my level, and everything is like $9,000 in Krono or something crazy.

I will DESTROY ALL THE ENEMIES with my leather armor and summoned hammer!
    Kronko likes this.
  9. WhoIsIt New Member

Competition in a video game. The horror. I'm so sorry you all are used to having everything handed to you, but the truth is, the game is nearly 20 years old and competition is to be expected.
  10. daffie999 Augur

I LOVE competition... Thrive on it. Competed in both EQ and WoW with end game raiding, competing to be the first. I have played more competitive games than I can count... FPS, MOBA, RPG, etc. I played every sport I could in High School and ran hurdles competitively in College. This morning I challenged my wife to see who could get ready for work first.

If you believe that attempting to find a /pick in Runnyeye that isn't overrun with a neckbeard playing on 10 computers "trueboxing" just so you can get an level 25 item is "competition" then I don't know what to say to you.

The only analogy I can think of is if someone stood outside Best Buy for a midnight re-release of the Sega Genesis. You will not find me there.