Ask for 2000 plat or more for your Agnarr krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DariyaVika, May 31, 2017.

1. svann Augur

Any statement that says
    "If only everyone would xxxxx, "
    is doomed from the start. You cannot get everyone to do something. You might convince a few to try it, but they wont sell any because there are plenty of people willing to sell it for way less.
  2. DariyaVika Augur

I'm not making a plea. I don't care if people get ripped off trading krono for what will be very low value items once Kunark is closer. On Ragefire and Phinigel I traded krono for fungal tunics and enough plat to kit out my toons so they could level a lot faster. I don't have any issue with trading krono for plat or items, in general.

I'm trying to help these people out in a way that also serves my desire to troll the krono farmers from other servers. Because every little bit I can do to help inflate the price of krono makes them have to work harder for it, and since everyone and their dear sweet mother had the same original idea to farm items for krono on Agnarr, they're really helping me out by saturating the market with "WTB Krono" announcements in the auction channel.

People will do what they want, but if someone wants to buy a krono and trade it for plat or items, I'll get a kick out of it if the seller of krono drives a harder bargain than the farmer is comfortable with, due to market forces. Krono have already gone up from 250pp on day 2 to 1.2k as of the time I logged out 18 hours ago.
    I'll see if I can do my part to help drive up the price even further this evening.
    Niskin likes this.
  3. WhoIsIt New Member

Lol
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

As someone who has 2 mules in the tunnel trading krono and has made a fortune already. Let people sell and buy for what they think.

If someone wants 3k a krono right now let em try, if they find a buyer great, if not they just lower the price.

Why people sell me krono for any price right now is crazy but I'm not going to argue with them. Just hand my plat over and collect another few hundred krono before classic ends never leaving the EC tunnel. :D
  5. Ishbu Augur

I take all available plat and buy kronos for the first month or so of a new server. I can always sell one if I need plat for something and the price of krono rises up through Kumar so always a wise investment
  6. Lankie Augur

When Kronos reaches 2k, majority of the farmers will be gone, it's simply not worth the time invested.

I'd love if someone did a population comparison between server launch and 2k Kronos. I bet it will be about 50% less.
  7. Sdoofbuc Augur

I have a new special offer. Agnarr server only!

It's my new 5 for 1 deal!

For every 5 Krono you give me, I'll give you 1.
  8. Fhiele Augur

If you want a krono on FV, you need how many millions of plat? How long does that take to farm? A lot more then a day. On our server, you can farm enough to buy a krono or items to trade for krono for many per day. There's good logic to come to our server for a few weeks each expansion and get all the krono you'll ever need for your home server.
  9. Atabishi Augur

The reason it is flawed should be self explanatory. It's like a person in a DKP guild who saves all their DKP and doesn't buy anything until the end of the expansion when stuff is going for min bid. You are always an expansion behind on gear. Sure you can wait until the end of the expansion and get the item for little to no DKP, but that person that spent 1k dkp at the beginning for an item got 3-4 months use out of the item and will always be stronger than you.

As far as the market in the first week, you have to realize there was a double rare spawn weekend right from the start. I always think of krono as in how easy is a krono to obtain with plat. Take gebs for example, at server launch they were going for 4-5krono when krono was only 500 each. It's extremely easy to go to hill giants and farm 2k-2500 plat in an hour. So in reality, 4-5 krono is not that much and extremely easy to acquire. Gebs dropped down to about 2krono per on monday and tuesday. But now most of the gebs flood from the double rare spawn is gone, and gebs are starting to go up in price. Wednesday they were back up and you could get 3-4kr for em, but now krono is 1500 per so they take more time to acquire via farming plat and buying krono.

Krono items such as GEBS, BAMS, Djarn rings, named fire giant loot, etc historically stay krono items throughout classic and kunark. Meaning that their plat value will raise with krono value. Once more people hit 50, less people coming to these zones for exp, less picks will spawn, the farmers will lock down these camps and control the market. When gebs are 1kr each at the end of classic and all of kunark, and krono is up to 5-8k per...gebs will also cost 5-8k. The only items in classic and kunark that lose plat value over time during the expansion are items that sell for less than 1kr or drop under 1kr.

tl;dr As long as an item stays above 1kr in price, its plat value increases with krono value and becomes harder and harder to obtain, and while it looks like its cheaper from a krono number perspective, it's not cheaper from a plat perspective.
  10. Wowjustwow Elder

Instead of buying 3 for 9000 can we just trade 1 at a time for 2000 each? Charging more for bulk.... lolllll
  11. Nuther Augur

The cost of a GEBS is 1 or 2 Krono right now on Agnarr. I started playing on Phinny about 4 months after launch. By that point, the price of a Krono was 5K to 6K. So, if you want to buy GEBs on Agnarr, buy now while the price is still low.
  12. Snomie Elder

This is a pointless thread. The market determines the price of the krono/gear based on demand right now, not based on demand 11 weeks from now. It doesn't matter if the smart thing to do is wait to buy your gear, what matters is what people want right now.

You're right, gear will be worth less in 11 weeks, but that doesn't matter to a majority of people selling kronos right now. If they wanted to wait, then heck, they could go ahead and wait 1 year and I guarantee their krono will be worth even more and they'd get way better gear for it!

This thread is like the people on phinny who complained with 'if we all just stopped buying kronos the sellers will be forced to stop raising prices!' It doesn't work in practice and your thread will have zero effect on the actual krono market.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I agree with Atabishi. The logic is so flawed it's hard to know where to start.

In every market there's a spread. The spread is the difference between the bid and the ask. Let's say the bid right now on krono is 1000 and the ask is 1100. That means if you want to sell quick you will go to the bid and get 1000. If you want to buy quick, you have to pay the ask at 1100. It's supply and demand. At 2000 plat for krono, there is no demand. If you are proposing shutting off supply until the price rises to 2000... well, you're one guy in thousands so that ain't gonna work. We'll get there eventually, of course, but at that point the bid will be 1800 or 1900.
  14. yerm Augur

I had some kronos left from phinny, so I bought a bam on day 2 for 4 of them. MP2 was awesome for leveling. I could have waited and paid 2kr yesterday... but that would have meant doing almost 40 levels without mana pres.

I hope the seller had some delicious taco bell thanks to me supplementing his fixed income from type 2 diabetes LTD. Or just 4 free months. Or buys something cool on Phinny. Whatever.

It's only game. Why you hafta be mad?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep, that'll work. Because krono and platinum are VERY different.

/sarcasm If I need to point that out.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

And that would have made almost no difference in your leveling. That's my opinion, of course. I'm not criticizing you or your choice. I just don't think MP makes that much difference at this point.
  17. yerm Augur

A rank 2 focus loses value once spells pass 44. It's actually at its best while leveling. Those 4 krono represented probably a couple hours of me soloing chardok, which I very much enjoyed doing anyway.

I think a lot of you are just too hung up on efficiency. The hoarding dkp for half an expansion analogy was very apt. Items are cheaper later, because items are useful right now and you lose out on not having them if you wait.
  18. Kronko Elder

drive them up to 3k =) i don't even understand why DBG doesn't end the RMTers BS maybe they involved in it maybe they not but to allow people to use third party sights to sell them and not ban those people is BS it stated in the EULA that is against the rules. maybe that's why some of you receive mystery bans cause you got caught with your 500+ krono before you could sell them or did sell them and that's why you get banned "mysteriously" for no reason i know you are innocent hahahahaha
  19. Deadshade Augur

You really understand nothing .
    I did that yesterday - offered 1 Krono for 1.2 k and 3 Kronos for 4 k .
    Guess what happened ?
    I got offers for 3 Kronos as expected and ignored all those who were going for only 1 .
    This is just a trick to increase a unitary price in a massively buyer market .

The Krono buyers are so many that they apparently prefer to get 3 Kronos rather than none :)
  20. daffie999 Augur

I do the same thing. Some people may be jealous and want more RL or in game cash. However, I feel like the majority are just upset that people are "defiling" their game. EQ had/has so many wonderful unique things that make it such a great MMO for many. The RMT world that has evolved with online gaming is generally a very scummy market. You have people paying to win, stealing digital items, and generally just being .

Ignore it all you want, it is there... the question is can anything really be done. I am not fighting that fight so I just stay out of it.
    Tachyon likes this.