Ask for 2000 plat or more for your Agnarr krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DariyaVika, May 31, 2017.

1. DariyaVika Augur

There are 10x as many people buying Krono as there are selling them, so use this market disparity to your advantage. Maybe even charge 3000 plat.

These people announced their intention to race to 50 on Agnarr so they could buy cheap krono, so why let them do it? They're trying to trade gear that's going to be worth very little when Kunark comes out, so patience is your friend. Time is on your side, not on theirs.

Extract every last plat you can out of someone if you're going to sell a krono. Remember that two weeks into Kunark, fungal tunics will be traded for like 1 krono, and that item will be valuable on every non-pure caster alt you'll ever roll for the duration of the server. By comparison, the BAM, GEB, FBSS, SSoY, etc are freaking trash.

Have a nice day ;)
  2. Atabishi Augur

You're logic is so insanely flawed. I don't even feel like taking the time to explain to you how bad it is.
    Breaker and Wowjustwow like this.
  3. Rauven Augur

But you're statement is wrong unless you do. Burden of proof and all that.
  4. DariyaVika Augur

The price of krono will only go up over time. There's an oversupply of trash classic items and plat from farmers who want to trade it for krono now. I'm just encouraging people to skip the middle ground of price inflation and take it to the next level. The economic incentive for the person with Krono is to hold it because it's increasing in value rapidly compared to the value of the items people are trying to trade for it. All of these farmable classic items depreciate in value over time on a server with 3 month unlocks, while the price of krono appreciates over time.

How's my logic flawed, exactly?

People from Phinny, Ragefire, and Live servers all crowed about how they were going to farm easy kronos on Agnarr, and we've seen a flood of farmers as a result. There's an oversupply of produce that's not very attractive, so the farmers are going to have to offer better deals if they want to get Kronos.
  5. Rauven Augur

When people make statements like that and say they won't bother to explain it. It means they have an agenda and are merely trying to marginalize your statement to end the argument without effort.

Since they don't wish to speak and thus reveal said agenda, I'll speak for them (as the burden of proof is still on them to say otherwise). They have a set amount of coin and wish to get as many krono for it as possible. Your suggestion gets in the way of that and gets validated.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  6. -wycca Augur

The plat influx and the cratering of prices in Krono are pretty amazing. Something like 5x the rate of Phinigel at this same point. I suspect it's a combination of over-supply of farmers and under-supply of krono-ladden buyers.
  7. Deadshade Augur

You are perfectly right .
    I don't know if it is 10x but yesterday I spent a few hours in EC and there were clearly many more people WTB than people WTS .
    The Krono diggers are desperate because they might be left with tons of drops and plats that will be useless in 2 months and they indeed boasted that they rushed to max lvl on Agnarr only to buy Kronos .
    In a so massively buyer market only the sky is limit for the prices .

I have never been interested by the Krono trading which imho destroys the EQ spirit but if I had 3 kronos I'd be offering 1 for 2 000, 2 for 5 000 and 3 for 9 000 :)
    DariyaVika likes this.
  8. Rauven Augur

In my experience its been about the same for both.

But even then Kronos are selling for far lower than they should be. I mean 1k? You can get that in a night (or two tops) in Sol A or MMC just from vendor drops.
  9. Soon Augur

If BAM, GEB, FBSS, SSoY were trash at the beginning of classic era, pet weapons, ornate armor would be trash at the beginning of PoP...
  10. AgentofChange Augur

They are trash. Ornate is absolute garbage gear.

I have always been curious as to why people are willing to sell a month's subscription for 10 minutes of work but who am I to question it. I will gladly accept your charity.
  11. Finley Augur

Money is relative, 17 dollars or whatever a Krono costs could very well be worth ~10 minutes of someone's time. Or they did something equally easy for a Krono in the past, so a a Krono has that much value to them.
  12. Stigmas Elder

Increased leveling, plus hordes of bots that know how to get around the true box code from playing on phinney. Of Course plat value was going to crash quickly. You would be absolutely nuts not so save your krono for a few weeks. It will probably be worth 5-7k soon.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  13. DariyaVika Augur

Krono are like $10-12 on third party sites.
  14. DariyaVika Augur

While some of those are BiS right now, in 11 weeks the BAM and SSoY lose 90% of their krono value, along with lot of their plat value, and the FBSS loses about 35-50% of its value until enough people have farmed sash of the dragonborn from Howling Stones. GEB maintain some value up until Velious, at which point they become twink gear.

Maybe I'm taking too long of a view here, but I don't care that much about being the coolest kid on the block in classic, because it doesn't matter at all. The point is that trading krono for this stuff makes zero sense, when you can get a lot more bang for your buck in Kunark and beyond. Particularly weapons and melee gear...kunark has so much of it that is better than the SSoY or fbss.
  15. Mwapo Augur

Some people have plenty of money or krono or what have you. The flaw in your logic here is that you are assigning value to things based on your personal opinion of worth. One man's trash is another man's treasure, etc etc. People sell their krono early and cheap because they want Plat to get ahead on expensive tradeskills or because they don't have time to farm something but have plenty of discretionary funds and want the best toon they can have.

You are welcome to your opinion, but it is doesn't invalidate the opinion of others. Feel free to encourage others to spike the price of krono. But economics will dictate the price the most. Krono farmers aren't the ones who set the price, everyone who sells them are. They've decided that X plat is worth Y krono because it's easier or equivalent for them to acquire Y krono than X plat.
  16. George_IV New Member

Oh look a person who makes a living selling Kronos

You're the type he's talking about
  17. Funk Augur

The krono farmers from phinny have already clearly stated they are just going to agnarr to farm krono then back to phinny. It's up to the true agnarr players that are staying on the server to thwart this effort by simply identifying who they are and not buy a thing from them. If anyone steals a kill, they are on the no buy list along with anyone in their guild. They obviously don't care about reputation but will eventually realize they are wasting their time and go back to the place they came from.
  18. AgentofChange Augur

You realize most people do all the trading on level 1 toons in EC commons ya?
  19. Tachyon Augur

I don't see why it matters one way or the other. If you don't like the krono market, don't play it!

I've played on all the progression servers and done things the old fashioned way getting gear and plat through grouping and raiding. Kronos and their value aren't relevant to me because I don't need them or what they can buy.

It's very easy, especially with today's /picks and raid instances to get everything your toon could possibly want/need without ever buying or trading a single krono. Try it. You might even end up enjoying it more!
    DariyaVika likes this.
  20. The Hated One Augur

Just don't trade in kronos. With the abundance of gear that will be flooding the server the prices of gear will drop quickly and some things already have. If you're patient you can get all things with pp and just avoid the whole krono empire debacle.
    DariyaVika likes this.