As a new player to EQ, Should I go Agnarr or Corinav?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elendanis, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Raina Elder

Well, there's your answer OP. You can only have a good time on Coirnav if you are a rich adult.
    monkypowah and Kattria Minx like this.
  2. monkypowah Elder

1) you buy krono because you are bad at the game
    2) I have about 12 computers in my home and I don’t think that’s a bragging point by the way lol
    3) those “accomplishments” are a joke.. welcome to 15 years ago
    4) I am sure I have better English than you
    5) I drive an $80K car and live in a gated community where the houses start at 2M
    6) you aren’t rich and probably not even an adult rather just an insignificant child
  3. Gremin Augur

In before lock...
  4. Ronzark Augur

1) Anyone who thinks buying krono makes someone bad at a game is an idiot. All that is required in EQ to get anything is time. And, unlike you, some people's time is worth $$. If you made a lot of money, you'd easily understand this. This is the first evidence that you're lying.
    2) I doubt that. I don't doubt that someone would have 12 computers in their home, I have 4, but I just doubt YOU do because you lack credibility because of your emotional response.
    3) he didn't list any "accomplishments" he simply noted that he has reached his personal goals, and that buying krono helped him do that. Why do you begrudge him that?
    4) No, you don't. Or you would have realized that the correct English in that case is "I am sure that I have better English SKILLS than you." You don't have better English than anyone, that's something that someone with English as a 2nd language would say.
    5) I highly doubt that anyone who owns a $2M+ home would ever bother to come to these forums. You may live in mom's basement, but that's not how you're representing it. As I stated, you've lost all credibility by providing an emotional response where one was simply not warranted. WAY over the top attack on someone for playing a game and having an opinion.
    6) You don't know anything about him, and are likely projecting your own childish behavior. Grow up.
  5. Sumoldfogy New Member

I joined Agnarr with hi hopes. The quality of life features there compared to p99 were awesome!
    It's just my opinion but here is a list of things that destroy fun for nostalgic players like myself.
    1. The krono being tradable
    2. Boxxing (of any kind)
    3. Mercs

<1> So long as there are RMT (real money transfer) methods, the server will never be a place you can call home. It will eat it's self from the inside out. The tradable krono encourages this behavior. Why try to do your job as your class in a group to gain the next level if you can shell out krono's and get to 60 while afk?

<2> People will not rush to join and make a permanent home to a server that permits/condones boxxing. They want to know that they can count on their group. If you think that one person can play 2 chars better than one person per char, then please.. ...wake up

<3> Merc's made it possible to do more with less, leaving real players /LFG constantly, eventually stop playing because this type of game should be done offline with no other players.

Agnarr does not have Merc's but it does have the other two nostalgia killers.

So if turning on 3 or more computers to login to EQ is your thing, this server is for you. Or buying a bunch of kronos and not actually "playing" the game is your version of exciting, then come to agnarr.

...but if you do not box or embrace the krono.. this is not a place to consider as home.
  6. Arrk Augur

Boxing was around in classic. Pre-2004, it was just rarer. I knew about 3 or 4 boxers back then... It currently is more common because technology is more common/better so people can run this game on cheaper computers. Back then very few had enough to run EQ... let alone 2-5 extra computers...

If you have issues with trueboxers, then you have an issue with EQ in general because it really has been part of the game since inception...

Krono, while I agree 100% with you, isn't that bad as the server ages... it is the new servers that are KRazy....
  7. Sumoldfogy New Member

Back in that time, it was rare, which meant that the majority of players did not do it. Now it's not rare, it is "normal" and in some guilds "required"..
  8. Ronzark Augur

Back in time, there were about 30 servers. When you concentrate 30 servers population down to 3, then the amount of boxers will seem to increase, when it's actually still proportional.

And anyhow, how does someone playing more than one toon affect your "nostalgia"?? I saw TONS of people using autofollow back in the day, and that's the only real impact it could have on your "nostalgia". I'm so sick of people saying boxers ruin their experience, without giving any valid or logical arguments. My guess is you're just jealous that they can farm whatever they want, and you have to rely on a group to get your items (and then roll random on it).

Not only that, how do you KNOW how many people were boxing back in the day? My guess is you base your opinion on how many people you knew in your guild that boxed. That means nothing.

Has the amount of boxers increased overall? Probably, but NO ONE has any real data to back that up, it's all perception and emotions.
  9. Machentoo Augur

I know a few players that can play their two toons better than 99% of EQ players can play one. If you think these people don't exist, then please... wake up. The vast majority of characters can be maximized with 1-2 actions per second at most, for EQ up to the mid 70's at least. It really isn't hard to play several characters to their maximum efficiency. And a lot of Everquest players are just bad at playing the game, even with just a single character.
  10. Hdizzle Augur

Machen, you clearly understand EQ more than most.

I get it, I did the same thing on Phinny. Really not a big deal to drop some dollars on Krono. It's amazing what someone will do for a whole $50 of krono (check out the 3rd party sites, better deals than DBG. Yes they know about them, just google it).

Sadly I'm not sure you'll ever find a server you like. It's 2018, things change. But you're the perfect customer as you probably drink up that old classic content like cool-aid.

New players should play on the newest TLP.

#trueboxfree2019
    #takemydisposableincome
  11. Xeris Augur

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I also think it's unfair to make assumptions about poop sockers. We can't know how people value their time, or what people draw enjoyment from. I'm there there are a group of folks who are able to make a living off selling services through EQ, whether it be LR on items, krono, power leveling, or whatever. I'm sure that there are also many folks who play EQ that are doctors, lawyers, or whatever other jobs that generate substantial income, and that type of job probably pays WAY more than even the wealthiest of krono farmers. However, maybe the guy who makes 40k/year farming Krono is doing what he loves. The adage of "if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life," sometimes holds true, and maybe that's the case with EQ sometimes. Who knows.

Either way, just like it's unfair to assume that poop sockers are the low skilled laborers of EQ, it's also unfair to just assume that people who would pay for EQ content (like Krono, or even powerleveling) are "bad" at the game. People have all sorts of reasons for doing what they do and the beauty of this world is that we get to spend time/resources on things we feel like. Maybe for some people, grinding to 400 aa's on a TLP isn't worth it, so it's easier for them to pay some PL'er money. In that case everyone wins - the guy PLing makes money, the other person gets the AA's. Wee.

LET'S ALL JUST BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.