As a new player to EQ, Should I go Agnarr or Corinav?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elendanis, Jun 28, 2018.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Coirnav is thriving, disregard the salty, backbiting naysayers.

There are new guilds forming every week that are happy to welcome and help out new players. The xp is a lot slower but that just means more time to get to know your char and what you should be doing as opposed to racing to max level without really knowing how to play.

I see brand new players as well as people returning from long 10+ year absences every day here, and people are generally helpful toward them.

You won't see much of the so called toxicity unless you are competing for high end camps, which is pretty standard on any EQ server. Join one of the many casual guilds, make friends, have fun.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Zorglub Journeyman

Phinigel !
    My druidess is 10 days timeplay (more than half is Bazaar offline connection) :
    [IMG]
    You need an active guild and exploring a lot for pugs.
    Xp is rewarding exactly like on live.At 50 you can group with 75 players (level cap for this extension).
    My guild is awesome : Caer Cadarns.
    Just my 2 cps.
  3. Glykus Journeyman

Coirnav. Its brand new and its high pop, the toxicity stuff is hugely overblown by people on other servers who are low pop and desperate for more population, now is really the perfect time to get into it, plenty of leveling groups at all levels at the beginning of a great expansion headed into another great expansion in 2 months.

If you want to actually find a group you'll roll on Coirnav, if you want to sit in LFG all day unable to level, you've got alot more options.
  4. Ronzark Augur

LOL. Of course Coirnav has a high population... right NOW. ALL TLPs have had a high population through PoP (LJ/RF exception because it was 1 server split into 2, and /fail ruleset)... and all of them start bleeding players after that. Fact of life.

Phinny is the same pop right now as Agnarr (Medium).
  5. Raltar Augur

Coirnav has high pop because of all the krono farmers. At least 75% of the server is krono farming.
  6. Lantherion Elder

I can't wait to see all these "coirnav has high pop come play here" players when the next TLP launches, the salt will be real.

As for the op, Phinny or Agnarr is your best bet if you want to play on a server that wont die when next years tlp launches.
    Ronzark likes this.
  7. Bankheadd New Member

That means at most 25pct of the server is supplying the Kronos for the 75pct of the server that farms them. What are those 25pct just rich lazy dummies who want to pour USD into this game? And they're all just happy playing on a server where they can waste their money giving it to professional players? There are a few players like that on every server probably, most players aren't. Clearly that ecosystem can never exist in equilibrium with this server population size. Krono farmers have to farm far, far more Krono than the average non-krono-farmer-player is willing to spend per month to operate profitably. If 75pct of the server were trying to acquire Krono from 25pct of the server there would be nowhere near enough Krono to support the farming population, the best farmers would stick around and the crappy ones would move to other servers where they could profitably farm Krono. The server would be about 15pct of its current population, as only enormous whales pouring money down the drain and elite farmers would remain. That's the only way a 75pct Krono farming server can exist.

Krono farmers are a tiny percentage of Coirnav. You're more likely to see a Krono farmer on Coirnav because it's the highest population server in the game, but they're still a tiny percentage of the server.
  8. Skagrif New Member

Agnarr is a mostly specific set of players that quit when Gates of Discord was released. So while the population is fairly strong, if you want to progress past PoP/LDoN then it's a waste of your time. For many (like me) that was our favorite time (up through LDoN). There are a good number of people but it can be hard to find groups at lower levels. There are often people leveling alts in the most popular leveling zones (crushbone, unrest, guk, paludal cavern, etc) but often not more than 1 group.

No matter which server you choose, finding a guild will be key.
    Ronzark likes this.
  9. Ronzark Augur

+1

Only comment I've made is that I level alts ALL the time (4 box altaholic) and I've yet to be levelling alts alone in a zone for more than half an hour or so. You'll likely run into a PLer (like me) and be able to fill his group up.
  10. Ryak Augur

It's a great time to start on Phinny. Just yesterday, i heard someone say they started a new character that morning, and it was in the 60s by the end of the day.

Most of your EQ experience is the endgame experience. Phinny just flat out has the best endgame experience, with it being into the modern expansions with better content, and also having a dozen functional guilds. None of the other TLPs offer that.
    monkypowah likes this.
  11. Kahna Augur

Just to give you an idea of what Agnarr is now. I logged onto my old guild to check things out. There were 9 people online. Mind you this is a guild that still manages to field a well rounded raid and kill PoTime easily. They had 9 people online during off raid hours, on a double exp weekend no less. People are already getting very done with non-raid stuff, on their mains, and on all the alts they care to make.
  12. Arrk Augur

9 online... on a Monday... at about noon... when most of the casual player base is at work... also over a holiday weekend....

9 is actually a solid number for those variable... I was on checking my vendor earlier.. and was about 15 on my guild... with a lot of activity going on in general..
    Ronzark likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

I said I logged onto my old guild on a double exp weekend, not on Monday, at noon. It was actually Saturday, at 5PM PST, that I logged on and saw 9 people online. Did a few scans of the low level zones and was equally underwhelmed. Couple of groups getting PLed by their high level mains was all I really saw.
  14. Gana Augur

I am giving my +1 to Phinny. True, you are not going to find a traditional group for a while. However, I am constantly seeing people being added to groups where someone is PLing an alt (and have been the newb they invited to PL on my rogue and SK). I didn't know the people. I was just going to xp on an alt and got invited. Small sample size, but it happens every day.
  15. Arrk Augur

Nothing in your post even hinted at that...

Saturday 5pm, my guild was fielding 40+....point still stands ... Agnarr has tons of people still playing and leveling be it alts or mains...
    Ronzark likes this.
  16. Kahna Augur

“On a double exp weekend no less”. Since when is Monday afternoon “on a double exp weekend”? Typically the term weekend refers to Saturday and Sunday. So, yeah, there were hints there. My old guild is a bit of a canary in the mines. It is in a low population time zone, and will be one of the first to be effected by player losses. EST based guilds may not feel the same sting for a while, as they will be able to absorb the other crumbling EST guilds.
  17. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]
  18. monkypowah Elder

this TLP addict kid is just another mabbu alt.. its been painfully obvious. Sad and I am sorry your server is so bad.. lol
  19. TLP Addict Augur

It's not painfully obvious because it's not true, I'm just one of many happy Coirnav players that is getting tired of your lame propaganda efforts.

At least Baghdad Bob was good for some lulz, you're constant whining is just tedious.
  20. monkypowah Elder

uh huh, sure, OHHHHHHKAY mabbu lol... you're game is tired just give it up