armored snow puma saddle

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Ryak Augur

I think the worst thing, honestly is the complete lack of communication. TBH if they would come out and say "it was a mistake. We removed it and we are (or aren't) planning on making the following additional actions: ..." i would be fine with it.

The complete silence is stupid though. And it has really pissed me off personally. I'm not going to BS you and say i'm quitting immediately or anything but if i do in the future quit, i can guarantee this will have been a factor.

I've been super forgiving of their constant mistakes. Release Velious early? fine. Major broken things in every new expansion? fine. Completely go back on their "release things in era" philosophy? not fine.
  2. HerroThere Journeyman

Trailer trash that start spouting litigious nonsense about the unfairness of video game pixels over less than $25 are hilarious.

Keep it up.
    Banecrow likes this.
  3. Kuma New Member

I'm not the guy you're replying to... but...

850 DBC was a reasonably obtainable thing for me (from monthly claims). I was excited about getting the mount. 2500 DBC is not at all obtainable. The price increase means I'm unlikely to get any mount this expansion.

I'm not competitive at all.. In fact, I'm very giving. I don't roll on half the drops. This makes 100K a joke of a number for me to get, and 10K alone is difficult.

This mount was basically my one good shot at a mount. That's why I'm frustrated. If I knew it was going to be pulled, I would have loaded an extra few bucks to buy it.
  4. Astley Augur

If less than 2000 DBC is not at all obtainable for you for financial reasons, you should spend less time playing this game. You really need to focus on making some money to pay for food, clothing, and rent.

Also, if you're not rolling on drops in order to be giving, well that's not Daybreak's fault. If you don't want to invest in getting cash drops and want to act like a martyr for not rolling on stuff you can... but it's not worthy of any sympathy.

There are equitable mounts available for $25. $20 if you use your next 500 claim towards the mount instead of potions. There are also mounts that will drop in raids if you really need one, get in a guild and earn it.
  5. Kuma New Member

Some of us budget our hobbies. If you're not familiar with how that works, here's a video lecture:
    https://www.lynda.com/Business-Acco...sonal-financial-planning/174917/198144-4.html
    This helps you balance your real expenses with your hobbies, letting you pay your important bills, while still having some fun on the side. It's a useful life strategy.

As for spending that extra money... I was just about to spend $5 for the mount. Then, without notice, the item I was going to buy disappeared and the replacement now would cost me $20. Now it feels like I've been baited-and-switched. It's frustrating, and a cruel business practice Daybreak played. On top of wanting to keep in my budget of subscription+$5, I don't feel like rewarding them for it.
    Behee likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

It is physically, mentally and emotionally impossible to play Everquest on the Phinny server without the armored snow puma saddle.
    MBear likes this.
  7. Banecrow Elder

I swear stuff like this I blame the trophy generation. Everyone wants their dam trophy for showing up.
    HerroThere likes this.
  8. HerroThere Journeyman

Go mow a lawn, pick up a craigslist odd job, rifle through your moms purse (with her permission of course), sell something that is collecting dust that you've never used in six months+ etc. etc.

Fill out internet surveys, donate plasma, eat out one time less each month(s).

If you're truly budgeting your hobbies and you want something extraneous then do something for it.

Entitlement+++++
  9. Kuma New Member

Please refrain from your personal attacking. First trailer trash, now I'm a kid?

I'm an adult, with a family, and I only spend a few hours a week playing. I'm not living in my mother's basement with loads of free time. I'm not some addict that pours all his cash into a game. I'm a casual player.. I was about to purchase something, and then got bait-and-switched. How is that entitlement?
  10. HerroThere Journeyman

No one said you're a kid, but if you're the one being litigious then yes trailer trash. I'm a grown man and when I want something I make the time to ensure I get it regardless of excuses.

Cause what you're doing is making more excuses (family/casual etc.) instead of solving the problem.

Instead you're complaining that others (mothers basement / addicts) get what you don't have.

That is called entitlement plain and simple.

You didn't get bait and anything'ed. Someone made a mistake. It's been remedied. It's a video game. Get over it.
  11. Quaux New Member

Do folks get this upset when the McRib is not available? Seriously lighten up folks it was a limited time deal obviously. DBG doesn't owe anyone anything, including explanations! Just be happy they provide us games to play that most of us seem to enjoy.
  12. Ryak Augur

Can we keep this on topic maybe?

Nobody here is asking for handouts or to be entitled.

How would you feel if you were in line for a delicious sandwich in the store and the guy in front of you goes to pay and they say its 5 dollars. Then you move up to order your 5 dollar sandwich and the guy at the counter acts like you are crazy an denies that they ever sold sandwiches for that price. They were always 20 dollars. Oh and also they no longer include as much meat on the sandwich.

You'd be pissed. You're not just going to be like 'oh, ok i guess its 20 dollars for a smaller sandwich now'.

Theres 3 major problems here:

(1) The bait and switch element. Some people got offered a much better deal and as much as youd like to pat yourself on the back you didn't do anything special to earn it. You just got lucky.
    (2) The stats are out of era to begin with. Its incredibly strange that DBG would pull a full 180 and go from super purist attitude on out of era things to suddenly being totally ok with it.
    (3) The complete lack of communication through the entire process. Was this intentional? a mistake? Are there going to be any further changes? who knows?

Personally, i'm perfectly happy with my quarm mount i actually earned through skill instead of getting a handout like all you people calling people entitled. I'm philosophically opposed to the buff so frankly even though i could afford the 2500 dbg I think ill just hold onto them for now and make sure that DBG cannot recognize the revenue associated with it for awhile.
  13. Kuma New Member

Who made a mistake? They've said nothing about why they did this swap.
  14. HerroThere Journeyman

If we use your analogy I would take my business elsewhere if it really affected me ever so deeply.

Otherwise every single player in this game could be auto boosted to 60, given the best items in the game, never pay a subscription and I still wouldn't care because I am given the choice to play this game how I want within the boundaries governed by the people who make and maintain it.

Not to even mention that NONE of this makes the game more trivial than it already is. It's a 17 year old game. No new strats, nothing to learn, the horse is now mushed to paste.
  15. jiri_ Augur

If you want to fault them, fault their communication. Or that stat mounts are out of era and should be unavailable.

But this whole fever-swamp attitude is counterproductive. There are people acting like this is something that was put in to screw them personally. Personal attacks are flying not just at the developers - unfortunate as it is those are expected at this stage - but at people who bought the damn thing. There's some serious envy happening. "You didn't earn anything! You just got lucky! I earned this other thing with the sweat of my own blood and toil and I am better than you!". And calling other posters litigious trailer trash is totally out of bounds. Relax. Argue the merits, and not the people.

As to me, personally? I favor a full refund for everyone who purchased a mount from the marketplace and the removal of all non-Luclin mounts from the server, including the Quarm ones. Let us maintain the in-era illusion just a little bit longer, please.
    Ryak likes this.
  16. Astley Augur

That's NOT a bait-and-switch.

Bait and switch is when something is publicly advertised, you're brought in to purchase something, but that item wasn't actually available, and the intent was all along to make you purchase their OTHER item that is not the same quality.

Daybreak didn't announce this item up for sale at all, hence no advertising of the item. It just showed up. Then you weren't pressured to purchase the item because you were there anyway.

This is an item that was incorrectly priced and put out for sale. They noticed it quickly, and fixed the problem.

When Best Buy accidentally puts an XBOX for sale in their computers at $100 less than normal retail price, and the guy in front of you buys one, and walks out the store with it... but then they notice the price difference, and don't let you purchase yours... it's NOT a bait and switch. They are allowed to stop sale of the item, and correct it.
    Mysteweave likes this.
  17. HerroThere Journeyman

People who jump to "LAWYER UP" over complete nonsense deserve their comeuppance and my internet spite. <3

And it's a damned if they do damned if they don't for communication as we can already see since people will make a stink over literally anything.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes!

Hi, Quaux. :)
    Quaux likes this.
  19. Ryak Augur

I didn't mean to imply that i was in any way superior to anyone else.

I just thought it was funny having people throw around accusations of entitlement and acting superior when its not like it required any skill to go the marketplace and buy a puma.

These here are the biggest two problems. 100% agree.
  20. Lawyer Augur

I'd like to thank Phinny for beta-testing Luclin for Ragefire. Thanks!