ARE YOU NEW OR RETURNING? JOIN THIS SERVER

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nick, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Nick Elder

Join the new progression server Flippy Darkpaw!!!! Here you will find people to group with and have alot if fun!!! I just joined the server a couple weeks ago. Max level is only 70 so your still not that far behind. Other servers are LvL 100 with 12,000 AA's....
    Btw Flippy Darkpaw isn't free to play but if your going to spend a decent amount of time playing; your money is well worth it :)
    Meldacaniel likes this.
  2. Tegila Augur

its not flippy, nor is it new, and max aa at 100 isnt 12k.
  3. Nick Elder

But see.... Your the reason I wouldnt join my old server lol..... I would be 10 years behind
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I know a number of people who had never played EQ at all before; they started in the last year and are now 100 with 2-4k AAs. They of course went gold at some point after they had played for a while. So you're excuse of being "10 years behind" is bollox. If you don't like the direction EQ took in later years fine, but really don't act like returning players or new players who start on the standard blue servers are going to somehow be incapable of catching up and playing; the only thing that does that is a player expecting EQ to be a give me everything now mentality (which is actually less likely to survive on Fippy than a normal server).

Also, the vast majority of new and returning players simply cannot play on Fippy. Why you ask? Because most are Silver or Free level accounts, and Fippy & Vulak are only playable by Gold level accounts.
    Yther likes this.
  5. Gnar Augur

And you choose to play on a server that is 10 years behind all the rest. Id take a reasonable guess that not as many new people or returning players wish to pay to only experience 1/5th of what the game has to offer now. I know that comment will anger all the die hard progressioners and people who want a classic server but the fact is your play style is not the majority you would like to believe.
    Sinestra and anthraciteMT like this.
  6. Nick Elder

The progression servers would be a better choice for a new player for several reasons.

1. There's more people at low levels to group with
    2. They get to start at the beginning of EQ and experience what the entire game has to offer
    3. They won't be 10 years behind.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But personally; I'm glad I joined Flippy and I'm LOVIN IT!!!!!
    Ocura likes this.
  7. Nick Elder

IMO they will experiance what the ENTIRE game has to offer by starting from the beginning. .... And I didn't mean to offend you (die hard progressioners who are 10 years ahead) but having to get 10,000 AA is just not the reason I returned back to EQ. I'm happy starting at the beginning and playing at my own pace. I'm sure you remember the "good ol days" ... No mercenaries...

I'm very happy with the Flippy server and thought I'd share that with any returning players.

When I came back to EQ (3 weeks ago) I didn't even know there was a progression server- another reason why I made this post :)
  8. Gladare Augur

You keep throwing up these huge numbers. It makes you look silly. Most classes have the majority of all important aa's in the 4-5k range. Just because I can get 11353 aa's as a ranger doesn't mean I need all of them.
    Shanaie and Sinestra like this.
  9. Nick Elder

Sorry but even 5000 AA is a bit extreme (for me, as a returning player). I didn't come back to EQ to grind out 5000 AA. I'm currently LvL 40 and farming plat off hill giants in Rathe Mts on Flippy.

I'm very happy with the progression server and I'm glad I can share that with any of you returning players :)
  10. Yther Augur

Normal servers have an AA bonus for the first 4000 AAs. Just going to the farm (camp in Dragonscale Hills) at 65 and doing the 3 quests repeatedly will get you several 100 AAs in one weekend day/night grind (about 12hrs). That's not powerleveling, just basic grinding. It's not hard to get 1000 AAs in a day with powerleveling (over 30 AAs every 15 mins).

You can take your time. You can do the progression server. Just don't make it out like blue servers are impossible to catch up. Personally I think it's easier to catch up on a blue server. Still plenty of groups 80+, and it doesn't take long to get to 80 with 1K AAs.

Yther Ore.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Nick Elder

Well.... Anyways..... If your new or returning... Check out Flippy Darkpaw and see what u think. If you like grouping and working together at low levels this might be the server for you
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Grouping is still hard to come by on Fippy now also, but if you are a paid account and dont level fast the server might work for you
  13. Nick Elder

I started off with a group of 4 in tutorial. Then to OT group of 3. Found someone to group with in Paludal Caverns, then went back to OT with a full group most the time. It's defiantly not what it used to be 10 years ago... But yes people are still leveling ;)
  14. anthraciteMT Journeyman

Does it drive anyone else crazy, that someone who is trying to promote a specific server cannot even spell "FIPPY" correctly?
  15. tofu stir fry Augur

F-I-P-P-Y
    good lord son
  16. Kurayami Augur

Oh, and I suppose next you'll be telling me the other server isn't spelled Vlulalk, huh?

Anyways, on a more serious note, it is great that you are so happy to be a Hill Giant hunter on Fippy server, but don't make it sound like you can't catch up on a regular blue server either. People do take pity on true noobies sometimes, offer free power leveling, hunting area advice, that kind of stuff. I found Fippy to be MUCH harder to level up in compared to blue servers, MUCH harder than the original EQ no Kunark in fact. Was getting like a max 1 or 2 blue ticks killing trash, as a level 1 or 2.... On the upside I'm sure grouping is very popular there as your XP is just as crappy group as it was solo. I had my fun doing a WIZ/ENC box combo on there, hunting Mistmoore, Kithicor, Karanas, Feerott, etceteras 2 years ago.

However, I could just as easily do this on a blue server, ignoring the defiant gear and going for the awesome gear of the old school if I so desired. If you want the real oldschool paradise, believe project 1999 is where you want to be.
    anthraciteMT likes this.
  17. Nick Elder

free power leveling? Defiant gear? Mercenaries? If your not playing EQ because you like the difficulty, your playing the wrong game... Hill giants are difficult but it is very fun. If anyone returning expects free gear and power leveling just quit and go play wow
  18. Kurayami Augur

Hrmmm, I mentioned not using defiant gear, and I never mentioned Mercenaries either. Leveling has never been difficult, just monotonous. Since when were Hill giants difficult by the way? Any class w/ snare or fear can do so as early as level 33. Why are you bringing up wow anyways, that seems very trollish of you.
    Sinestra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  19. Notinterested Augur

Comments like this just make me shake my head. Theres no difficulty in EQ, has not been in about 10 years now. All there is now is tediousness. Camping a mob for a drop is not difficult because it takes 3 days its just tedious, when the mob spawns and you effortlessly kill it with your merc out you dont say "wow what a challenge" you say "what a pain in the ***", thats when you realize theres no challenge just game mechanics designed to make everything take as long as humanly possible for little to no reward.

Sad thing is for all the "lol wow is easy" comments people simply fail to realize WoW offers 10x the challenge EQ does. What WoW makes easy is leveling and thats the way it should be in an MMO designed around the top end. :rolleyes:
    Sinestra likes this.
  20. Nick Elder

Lol @ EQ is not difficult. I'd like to see you start all over with no plat and say that. I tried wow and it was too cartoonish and the quests were just annoying. Got level 30, didn't die once, and quit