aradune true box clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snareclicky, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Whoops Augur

Not on Aradune, no.

Correct, for Aradune.

I very strongly doubt they're going to give clues into what might successfully get around the enforcement before the server even launches.

Feel free to correct if I've gotten anything wrong.
    Herf likes this.
  2. Sikkun Augur

I guess it’s human nature, but they make a boxing restricted server and a non boxing restricted server. Then the complaints are why is boxing restricted on the boxing restricted server.
    Kroh, Arclyte and Skuz like this.
  3. KimchiGoddess Augur

As much as I sometimes utilize 3 PCs to run 3 characters, especially when wanting to provide buffs from a higher level char, I'd rather play on a boxing limited server. Of course we won't see what will happen until these servers are actually launched and running for a while. My hope is that all the farmers and botters settle on the unlimited server and more actual players not profitting off the game are on the boxing limited server. Of course what that says for longevity is anyones guess.
  4. Khoal1 New Member

So Legit Question. My Wife and I both box toons when we play. On this server would we not be able to run a main and box a 2nd toon when we play together? So basically our little group of 4 would be against the rule set for this server using our 4 comps since i am guessing they are monitoring IP addresses or such to monitor how many people toons per user.
    Ronzark and Sikkun like this.
  5. MysticGreen New Member

The more i read, more i feel people have a real hate for people that boxed in EQ ..... i going to assume aradune will be full of hater, who judge people on how they play a game ....Daybreak play around with this by dividing the Everquest community into two camps for and against boxers . overtime daybreak choose to take a side with the anti-boxers people by putting more restriction on boxing pass few years.
    Ronzark and KimchiGoddess like this.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

I think their answer is your little group of 4 should be playing on Rizlona.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  7. Zinth Augur

According to their rules 1 person 2 chars.... which means 2 persons = 2 chars each = 4 total... but not 1 + 3.... only 2 + 2 chars
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

I don't know about that, maybe they need to be a little more transparent regarding this. They have no way to "prove" it's 2 people playing 2 chars each. I mean I could play 4 chars and get my BF to come and help me pass p99 style GM tests if it came to that. I feel like they'll limit it somehow, how they will is anyones guess unless they make a statement.
  9. besbin Journeyman

A lot of people seem to be missing the point of this server as far as I can see it.

To all the people saying that I box 3 or 4 characters respectfully and need to do so because of real life, kids, guild needs, etc - that’s great but I think the idea here is that you play one character and group to get stuff done. I see the 2 box rule as more of a ‘buffer’.
    Boxing has been around so long that people are looking at this like a harsh limitation rather than a soft enforcement on ONE server for the game to be played the way a lot of people think it should.

To those that want unlimited truebox there are many servers to do that or you can just roll on Rizlona and blaze away with all the boxes you could possibly want. Just give us this one eh? I for one am very excited to play on this server just the way it is.
  10. Jontrann Augur

The only reason this server has a 2 box limit instead of 1 is so couples can play together, stop trying to take advantage of the situation.
    KimchiGoddess, Arclyte and Skuz like this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

DPG didn't divide the player base into two camps, those camps existed by themselves it's just that over time on a server the people that don't like boxers quit playing and all you are left with is mostly boxers. Let's hope this time most of those boxers go to the server DPG made especially for them.
    Skuz and Ragnoruk like this.
  12. Azuro New Member

I 3 boxed on Agnarr, Coirnav and Mangler, but would love it, if they actually enforced this 2 box limit, I would make a cleric on 2nd account just for a rez when and if my group dies and we don't have a cleric, otherwise, it would be a selling mule account. and with my main char, I would actually group up and be social and have fun with other human players, the way the old EQ was back in the day.

Currently on these other servers what happens is, you end up only grouping with your own boxes and people who don't box struggle to find groups, so I am totally all for this and hope that this server gets policed and nobody gets away with boxing anymore than 2, it would be awesome.

Also the fact they have removed POP lock is awesome too, it gives people who want to progress further than POP the chance too, and those who usually leave at that point still can and goto the new TLP that comes out.
    KimchiGoddess and Ragnoruk like this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

They just need to clarify 2 per person or per household. It will be per person.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That is my understanding of it too.

2 accounts active from the address = you & one other person OR you & yourself.

If both you & your wife want to box other characters then go to Rizlona.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  15. Zinth Augur

they can't do per ip/household since some have shared internet ;-) simple as that

and it is not "circumventing the rules" to box 2 and your friend/brother/mother/wife boxes 2... so quit that idi-otic reasoning

and the server allows BOXING so accept that boxers will play on it instead of trying to tell other people where they should play because YOU hate boxing... they don't give a flying F about you and your opinion... most boxers have friends too and they will play on the server their friends are on, just like you would (if you have any friends) and as long as they stick to the rules set out by DBG/DPG then ST-FU and mind your own F'ing business... ppl are such busybodies.... god it makes me wanna womit all over them....
    Ronzark likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today? Calm down.

Some additional clarification on this should settle the disagreement.

I personally agree with a 2 player cap per IP, it gets the server as close to no boxing as it can get without hurting actual couples & if households have more than 2 that play then Rizlona caters for that.
    KimchiGoddess and Jontrann like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

18. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd say 90% of them just refer to their "secondary character" as their "box".
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

I agree. I've been boxing 5 on Phinny for 4 years now. I've had run-ins with other players but it was usually when bad actors from one of the big guilds roll in and take over your camp, sometimes without a word. 800 pound gorillas as it were. But I have never been bothered for boxing. Perhaps it's because my slow, methodical pace doesn't make me interesting enough.
    Ronzark, Skuz and Zinth like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

/gasp
    Skuz likes this.