aradune true box clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snareclicky, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Basak Augur

When has boxing become confusing, the term originally referred to the computers boxing since at the time limitations prevented same machine boxing. If you're on the same computer with multiple characters you're not technically boxing but the term boxing covers it because it's easier than differentiating between a boxer and whatever you would call a multi character playdate on a single computer.
  2. Zinth Augur

not sure where you are from but we multiboxed on 300MHz machines back in the day, aka on the SAME machine, not multiple machines ;-) that's where we began using the word boxing from
  3. Pikallo Augur

I also agree with this. As someone who 3-4 boxes and doesn't often have the time to devote to the group game (forming a group, finding a camp, etc) and has to frequently afk (young kids)... being able to be self sufficient with my own group while still abiding by a true-box ruleset is the most effective and efficient use of my time while also being challenging and rewarding. I wouldn't consider myself a disruption to others or anything like that.

I could still make a decent duo and be relatively successful, but it just seems silly to alienate this group of players.
    Widget and Herf like this.
  4. enclee Augur

Count me as one of the those that played multiple on the same computer, and considered the additional EQ window a “box.”
    Whoops likes this.
  5. Zinth Augur

and even by being non-disruptive to others the no-box crew will hate on you just because you box, not considering you might never want to group with them nor they with you due to afk's and what not at unknown durations and intervals but still they feel their way of gaming is better than yours...

keep enjoying the game as you do!
  6. Basak Augur

Okay, right. I've done that too. But the term was used for multiple machines and was adopted by the single machine users to make it easier. Not sure where you are from.
  7. Zansobar Augur

That is why there is a boxing server made just for folks that want to do this sort of thing, launching at the same time as Aradune and with the same rule set.
  8. Pikallo Augur

I 3-4 boxed for years, 1-60 on Ragefire, 1-70 on Phinny, 1-70 on Selos and honestly had VERY minimal hate in-game. When you play respectful and don't use your box crew to be disruptive - people generally don't bother you.

The forums on the other hand....
    Herf and wade_watts like this.
  9. wade_watts Augur

I enjoy grouping most the time as a primary, but also being able to box if I want to do quest work or just can't find a group. To effectively solo interesting content, I need 3 or 4 boxes (maybe I'm just bad at EQ). I'd really like to not give up the ability to be solo if I can't find a good group but I also don't want to go to the mondo-boxing server.

Part of the disappointment for me is just personal playstyle. I get that there are probably some people happy with this ruleset but selfishly it sucks and seems unnecessary if they would just enforce the truebox rules.
  10. Pikallo Augur

It is not though. Rizlona is not True Box, and it seems pretty clear that large box crews handled by 3rd party software will be a thing there as long as they aren't unattended. I was on Ragefire and I'm not interested in that. I like the True Box restrictions and the need to manually play the characters you are boxing.

Either way, its not a huge deal since if the rulesets stay as is, I'll probably sit this round out anyway.
    Herf likes this.
  11. Zinth Augur

yeah me too, on Lockjaw I had a couple of "regulars" group, noone wanted rogues back then in LGuk, just let em join and we had a lot of fun, when they logged on next time they hit me up and of course I let em in
  12. Zinth Augur

me too, most of the LDON's for the augment I did 3box... and if I couldn't box I would never have gotten it done
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Good news you can play on Rizlona instead
  14. Pikallo Augur

I mentioned above, had you bothered to read, my thoughts on Rizlona.
    Herf likes this.
  15. Pneumothorax Journeyman

Aren't people just using VPNs to bypass any IP restrictions?
  16. Pikollo Augur

Stop trying to steal my damn name.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I wouldn't touch Rizlona unless you plan to box 18+ and use heavy 3rd party software.
    Risiko and Herf like this.
  18. xmPradah Not a dude

How is this determined/enforced? Even on a truebox server, players can play multiple characters just not from the same PC. So will "boxing" (from a SINGLE PC) be allowed, up to 2 characters? If so, that is not truebox. Are you saying a player cannot play more than two characters, period? If so, how will a GM determine if someone is playing that 3rd or 4th character? Here too, this is not truebox.

This needs to be reworded and explicitly outlined.

If it's determined by IP... well - that sucks because my husband and I both play. I could totally see situations where a GM sees 4 accounts/chars coming from same IP and we get burned for it.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Same way they determine on a truebox server if a person with 12 to 60 boxes is automating, they check if you spent $ on the game. Spent $ you are ok, didn't spend money maybe a 7 day ban with an email asking you to buy a bag or 2. :rolleyes:
    Rcbauer likes this.
  20. Duality Augur

Looks like a limit of 1 buyer and 1 trader =P