Aradune -- nothing in patch notes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Darafel Journeyman

Sikkun, please. Let Darkpaw address that question. I want to hear it.
  2. Wraths New Member

This right here. I am not even a truck driver and I can relate. How about a parent who's life doesn't revolve around the game? I can "plan" my login time, but as a parent who works 45 hours a week, I have no idea if I will be able to play for the exact time I finally log in. Let's say I want to play when kids go to bed. What time would you login to accomplish that? 4PM EST? 5PM? what happens if I get in before I am ready to play? AFK timer going to log me out and I have to start over? What happens if the game finally logs me in at 10:30 PM? I get maybe 1 hour before I have to go to bed so I can wake up at 6AM? Suggesting you login before is not a solution, it's a pray and hope it works potential patch that doesn't work for everyone.
  3. Sheil New Member

I don't think it would be that hard to send 1kr/mo to each account on Aradune until this mess is sorted. Certainly that would be easier than fixing the server issues...lol
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

If you do not agree to any changes made to the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy and/or Daybreak End User License Agreement, you may not access or use any of the Daybreak Games. We may, at any time, modify, suspend and/or discontinue all or part of any Daybreak Game(s); charge, modify or waive fees required to use any Daybreak Game(s); or offer opportunities to some or all users of any Daybreak Game(s).

So they have the option to waive fees, but they don’t have to.
  5. bloodbeard Elder

Waving fees is not the answer. If they don't show revenue EQ goes away. If people quit instead of playing other servers, it won't be quite the revenue loss of just not charging anyone. Also, they would have to separate those who were paying from those playing live, free, so the "free" folks would not flock to the newer servers. The "free" folks have been experiencing issues as well, just not the queue.
    Lastly (though i dont think any would complain), suspending fees does nothing for the lifetime memberships.

The devs should keep working to fix the mess. The moderators should give us updates in a specific and transparent way. Once all of this is cleared up, I am pretty certain there will some type of "sorry about all that" niceties whether it be xp bonuses, pots, bonus station cash, or whatever.

I'll hold on and see what happens next.
  6. Sikkun Augur

No personal electronics in secure facilities, you yourself do not necessarily have to have clearance. But your not taking in, majority of players? Nope. But I can easily point to places with thousands of employees who can’t bring personal electronics period.
  7. Sikkun Augur

Every account has access to Aradune.
  8. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

i had a 5 hr que yesterday and 45 mins of gameplay

Your in our world now !
  9. Wraths New Member

But do all have a character created? That's all you have to do. Flag all characters on Aradune accounts with a script my 9 year old could write and then give a krono to every account.
    Sheil likes this.
  10. Daija `Vu New Member

We gave up. You guys can have my junk. Aradune has been a complete let down and wasted much of our time irl. I definitely feel I was "sold a specific product" that doesn't actually work.
    How can I get a refund on my bags? Or have them moved to a usable server? Heh.
    A RL couple attempting to play/lvl together on Aradune has been absurdly impossible.
    OldSalty likes this.
  11. Sikkun Augur

And the people who didn’t make a character because of 5 hour queues but still subbed to play?
  12. Healiez Augur

GM's will move your bags ONE TIME from Aradune to a character of your choice on another server, they did it for me, but they stress its a ONE TIME move.
  13. Ishbu Augur

People, the queue sucks, we get it.

They have made some improvements and increased the server capacity again. For all we know we are looking at a 1-2 hour queue at peak play time again while the bigger issues still get resolved.

We got communication, we have some improvements put in, now we have to at least give it 1 day of logging in to see where things stand before we continue to lash out. Nobody has seen how the minor improvements will affect things yet and they are being very clear they are not done resolving things entirely
  14. Citadel New Member

To be honest with you, it sucks but it's just the way things are atm. Either adapt to try to get as much playtime as you can or just wait until the situation improves (which it likely will in a few weeks).
  15. Sheil New Member

Yup. A snapshot of current accounts with a character on Aradune would be trivial to pull from the database.
  16. Sheil New Member

Now your just grasping
  17. Sikkun Augur

It’s not grasping. You sell an all access service, there have been problems on ALL SERVERS. Company isn’t going to give money to one specific subgroup while telling all the others (who also pay for access to the same server and potentially want to play on it also) they get nothing.

You would either give something to all All Access subscribers or do nothing. Or remove the fee from the server itself temporarily, which is fair to all players. But that would just make the queue worse.
  18. moron_01 New Member

Actually, the player base probably could fix the issue if they would give any more information than "it's 'not' hardware..." Frankly I'd much rather zoning took 10 minutes than waiting 5+ hours in a queue nightly. The fact that zone times go up significantly once you let too many people on further suggests hardware or network issues. Are you guys using proper switches to handle the traffic / packet load or is it sitting there clogging up causing re-transmissions of packets? You say a new server would cause other's to crash, why? (Network issues...?)
  19. Sethiroth Augur

I seriously doubt it. A few people will quit each day and then the server issues will settle dow, and that’s the most interesting thing that is likely to occur
  20. Dtizka New Member

You need to upgrade your servers.

This isnt a problem that requires any other solutions.

Stop beating around the bush. Stop being cheap.