Aradune -- nothing in patch notes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Smallhands Elder

So no more TLPs in the future, right? LOL

You don't have a problem opening more servers every year when it means more money in your man purse.
    Tewts likes this.
  2. Citadel New Member

Remote window into your computer from your phone and boot up the game and get in queue. I used to do this when I was working in the office pre-covid. This isn't my first rodeo dealing with a massive queue for a game.
  3. Jerek New Member

Dreamweaver, what about fixing the queue so you keep your spot in the game if you disconnected (especially due to the server issues)?
  4. Tewts New Member

Sp
    Found the unemployed guy. When you have a job, you leave your home. You get off at X time, you drive home. You click log in. You wait 4+ hours.

Using a program to remotely log in, is a bannable offence. How would you log in if your not at your computer? Like seriously think about what you wrote for half a second.
  5. Tewts New Member

Thats a bannable offence, your using a third party program.
  6. Erronn New Member

I bet they count on people disconnecting to free up a queue spot - if everyone just stayed on or could get right back in after a disconnect, the queue would be 12 hours!
  7. Citadel New Member

I don't think you understand what "remote desktop" programs are. It's okay though, keep complaining
    Mashef and Galaras like this.
  8. trashmemes Lorekeeper

I think most of us have been patiently waiting for weeks at this point.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

That's a change to the queue structure, which has been suggested before, I will bring it up again. In the meantime one of the fixes that went in should hopefully solve the cause of those crashes both out of the queue and at the character screen.
    Vinlail and Galaras like this.
  10. kit74 Lorekeeper

Dude I am an OTR truck driver you have no clue again it's not that easy but you do you while I and others deliver what you get in the stores
  11. Geshp New Member

While I would never argue leaving game crashing bugs in place is a good idea, you do realize this has the potential to make the queue problem worse?
  12. Tewts New Member

Is it against the ToS or EULA to use a remote desktop to start my queue while im at work.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Sure. So is having Chrome up to check alakazam.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

As I noted in my post, we've also raised the population cap again, the team is in the process of tackling the other issues as well.
    bloodbeard likes this.
  15. Sheil New Member

Mepps- I understand DPG has no easy fix for this and it's going to take time to sort out. That's a fair statement and believable. But how about suspending subscription fees until you do? It's not worth paying for this mess and there's no way the player base can fix this issue for you. But for the players to have to pay for this mess will ensure a substantial exodus. Wouldn't it be better to waive sub fees until DPG gets a handle on this problem rather than lose a significant portion of the player population? I agree losing a lot of players will alleviate the issue, but is that a good business strategy long term?

As far as AFK crackdown by DPG? You guys have left us no choice but to abuse AFK. If I need to take a break for family dinner time or whatever I would normally logout and then log back in later. This is not a possibility now so yes, I will let my toon go AFK during this break rather than logout. What other choice have you left me if I wanted to continue gaming that evening? This AFK crackdown will only exacerbate the problem for the player base and contribute to even harsher feelings towards DPG really. AFK is the symptom of the problem. Fix the problem instead of the symptom. At least understand that AFK is a problem of your making and look at it from that perspective before you take action.
    scaethach likes this.
  16. scaethach Scholar

Aside from whether or not Darkpaw cares, some of us would get fired, if we even had access to do such things.
  17. Darafel Journeyman

This is a valid question. There's no solution, or end in sight to these issues. Yet people are still having to pay for a service they're not getting.

Darkpaw?
  18. Sikkun Augur

Only way they could do it is just make Aradune F2P temporarily (which would probably make the queue work). You can’t wave “just Aradune players” you would have to wave all EQ. And because of all access you can’t wave just EQ you would have to wave EQII, Planetside, DCUO. All because 1 server isn’t at cap? Don’t see it happening.
  19. Healiez Augur

You cant go to the bathroom, take out your phone, and remote into your PC? Takes 30 seconds.

Color me ignorant but I cant think of many jobs that dont even allow you access to your cell phone the entirety of your time at work. Maybe some government job with high level clearances but even then?

Also remoting into your pc to log in to the queue ahead of time is not the third party programs they are talking about that are bannable. It is still you logging in, it is not automation. Perfectly allowed.

Also Rizlona is amazing, have had zero regrets since I moved over here from Aradune!
  20. c313 Augur

Thank you for communicating.

This is what some of us only ask for. I myself am understanding of the issues. I know when things get packed, overcrowded, issues arise both instability and areas which creates problem due to a massive increase in population.

We can all sit here and play idea conjuring games of fixes, but in the end implementing those take time, effort and money that you guys have to worry and actually come up with instead of thinking it up.

Seeing your replies in this thread at the very least satisfies my urge for communication. Thank you.