Agnarr's Irrational Hatred of Boxers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elentari of Agnarr, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dilligaff New Member

Know I don't care about boxers one way or the other but from what the OP states right here.
    'for less than a thousand dollars you can easily add 5 laptops to your existing desktop.'

Tells me he is controlling all his accounts thru 1 machine but logged on the accounts on different machines. I would read the FAQ and say he was breaking the rules and admits it. I could be wrong maybe he just stated it wrong.
  2. Kahna Augur

Seriously? Grasp at straws much? Do you want him to invite you over to his house to check out his set up? He doesn't need to prove anything to you, or any other player here. What he is or is not doing is between him and the devs, and since he is still playing despite being reported, because all 6 boxers have been reported, the only assumption you can make is that what he is doing is fine.

You are probably one of those people who thinks that every random mage standing around owes you a response to prove they aren't AFK. I get tells, or people trading me stuff, or saying things to me all the time when I am camping easy stuff on my mage from work. I see them all, and ignore them all. If you think someone is doing something wrong report them. Otherwise, leave them alone, they don't have to prove anything to random_player_05
    Ilshade likes this.
  3. Pikallo Augur

This thread proves its a doggy dog world out there! If you can actually multi-box well, don't take it for granite. But for all intensive purposes you sometimes just have to suck it up and deal with that boxing is here to stay instead of acting like some escape goat or a pre-Madonna. Or if you can't - maybe just take a break from the game - who knows, it might be a blessing in the skies.
    Atabishi likes this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Really I run into more high level single toons from faceless empire than I do boxers period.
    That's why whenever I can I bring a box army to take their camps since I so enjoy watching them send /tells.

Last night I actually ran into a 6 boxer that was holding some of that guild at a camp. I sent him a tell and asked if he'd like another 5 boxer to help him. Bam 11 guys against their 4 man group and I was just laughing.
  5. Ilshade Augur

AGREED

I do this then i go and add them to my ignore list cause you know what I hate these people as much as they hate boxers :) and if you find you are sending someone tells in EC tunnel for something you really want and are getting no response guess what you are on ignore - or your looking for a group guess again lol
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

so many eggcorns: dog eat dog, take it for granted, intents and purposes, scapegoat, prima donna, blessing in disguise...
  7. Pikallo Augur

Wooooooosh.... you must be fun at parties!
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

I really am, but i just couldn't pass that gem up.
  9. Pikallo Augur

This is why we can't have nice things :( The intentional eggcorns combined into a single post was in fact the point of the joke to make light of this ridiculous thread, which clearly went right over your oblivious head(whoosh).
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Sure, claim it was intentional, i actually considered that for about a split second but the lady doth protest too much, methinks.
  11. Kahna Augur

Yeah, no. It took me about 5 seconds to realize that was done on purpose and he was trolling.
    Pikallo likes this.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

That long eh?
  13. Aurastrider Augur

You quoted the FAQ section and then added your own flavor to it calling people cheaters. Sorry if I don't have you on follow and read every post or comment you make. You simply could not comprehend why people got on you for making false statements. If you had simply quoted the FAQ section and left it at that I don't think anyone would have responded. You know what they say about people that make assumptions right? I was simply pointing out why people got on your case to begin with and not actually attacking you but you obviously have thin skin. Then you say people make childish comments but then you tell me to read more and speak less haha.... if I read more comments like yours without responding my brain would explode.
  14. Kahna Augur

What can I say, I'm at work and someone came in to ask me a question. Stupid work expecting me to work. Don't they know I have forums to read.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  15. nestharus Journeyman

When I tested, I was testing using Bard and Wizard figuring that the wizard was easy enough to box that I could more or less focus on the bard. However, I did not have an appropriate hardware setup, having to look away from the bard to control the wizard, which was very bad for the bard. It doesn't help that I was chain pulling as well. I eventually got frustrated that I could play neither the bard nor the wizard as well as I normally do and called it quits. I considered the rapid number of actions I normally take, even on tanks, and figured that boxing wasn't normally possible simply because of the time it takes to move your hands between keyboards, time I rarely have. Well, I have that time on a tank plenty of times, but not so much on classes like Bard/Enchanter. Perhaps I just picked a really bad class to box with when I picked Bard.

Perhaps if I had a better setup for boxing, Bard/Wizard would be more doable, considering the bard would be micro managing specific songs on a variety of targets, chain pulling, and using combinations of mez/snare to quickly break up pulls while moving back to the party. I didn't see how it was possible without just focusing on bard, no matter how easy wizards are to play, but again, I didn't have the right setup.

If I can be proven wrong, then of course I'd be ok with boxers that are able to play the characters they are playing fully. However, every boxer I have come across has not been able to react quickly in movement on either character due to the problems I previously described.

When all keys are on the same keyboard and this hand movement between different keyboards is no longer required, then of course it is possible. I tested this too : ). Can easily control other characters like hot keys while focusing on your main melee mobile character.

I can't imagine a hardware setup where the moves between keyboards would be fast enough to continue to control a melee character without ever stopping.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

It's been a slow day here, too much time to stir some pots.
  17. nagash101 Augur

this isn't closed yet? moderators must be at lunch still.
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

Telling moderators how to do their job is against the rules sir...
  19. nagash101 Augur

I so would have joined in on that. Boxers united against the Agnarr faceless empire clowns. They have trained and killed my little box group in Crushbone and Unrest PLing toons and pulling the whole zone.
  20. nagash101 Augur

Really? Well then i take it back, leave this one open for a bit more, its been a nice distraction today from work.
    Reht likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.