Agnarr's Irrational Hatred of Boxers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elentari of Agnarr, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atabishi Augur

2. Aurastrider Augur

You quoted the FAQ section and then called people cheaters saying it was illegal on the server. I think you need to read the FAQ that you linked again and you will see where you are reading things wrong. You see the part where it say you can only play a single character on their computer and not computers? This is what makes the server a "true box" server. There is nothing in the rules that states you cant set up 2 computers or 100 computers and play on the server. You just cant play more than one character on one computer. This has been beaten like a dead horse already and the devs have commented on it. Note the picture linked above from the devs about how to box on true box.
  3. Rauven Augur

You all should just train each other till the other quits. Use action to prove who's right, not words that obviously are not getting anywhere.

This debate is useless.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Absolutely.

My viewpoint is a twist on Hanlon's Razor which states, "Never Attribute to Malice That Which Is Adequately Explained by Stupidity".

Accipiter's Razor: Never attribute to cheating that which is adequately explained by normal play.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

If you say dumb things you're going to be called out on it. It wasn't the FAQ quote, it was everything else you have said.
    Reht likes this.
  6. nagash101 Augur

LOL, he has 6 computers and is BOXing on a truebox server which IS NOT against the rules. individual accounts per computer and you can run as many as you want. I see more and more people trueboxing just so they don't have to group or interact with all the crazies that have started on Agnarr.
  7. nagash101 Augur

so true, thank you for this, made me laugh. only thing missing is the gals rage face at the end.
  8. nagash101 Augur

play on P99 if you want that. The rules are trueboxing is allowed. With all the crazy hate and nasty players i think its actually more appealing to truebox, just so i dont have to deal with the anti-boxing mob mentality that seems to have infected the TLP servers.
  9. Amoeba Augur

So Agnarr people like briefs? Or we doing thongs here? Please tell me we ain't going commando...
  10. nagash101 Augur

Warglory you sir are the reason this community is getting a reputation as toxic. You do realize that the average age of a player playing EQ is over 30 at least, if not older. Most have careers/families and the ability to spend $1000 on hardware just to box because it saves time and is very convenient. Hitting 6 keys on 6 different key boards is very easy and the in game macro system makes boxing almost to easy. The only issue i think you have is you are jealous of someone that has the intelligence and financial means to box 6 toons on Agnarr.
    Ilshade and Reht like this.
  11. nagash101 Augur

you are the neighbor that has no job and lives off mom and dads monthly checks. has nothing better to do but terrorize the neighbors because you are insecure and envy what the neighbor enjoys.
  12. nagash101 Augur

This all the way, thank you Morg. I also box because i cant stand all the crazies that seem to have crawled out of the woodwork for the TLP servers.
  13. Vandross Lorekeeper

This precisely. If you are jealous of someone who can play 6 characters, you need to have a reality check. I have seen maybe one or two problem boxers on this server, and it's a guild called "Goat Trip" with like 2 groups of botted gnomes. Open your eyes, the majority of boxers aren't using cheats, you guys are just insecure!
    Reht likes this.
  14. ayoforYayoh Augur

You are lashing out in desperation.

Any and all credibility / maturity went way way out the window.
  15. nagash101 Augur

its very easy to play 6 toons on 6 computers. you sir might be that special kind person if you think all boxers are cheating. I think some small percentage are cheating but i think most boxers are just playing along with the truebox rules. you might be a bit slow and its hard for you to rationalize how one person can play a full group better then 6 total strangers on the internet.
  16. Ilshade Augur

Yes - this server brought all the P99 refuse to it and they need to learn all over again how to play EQ and with others and with new rules - use google it is your friend before you send that hate tell to a boxer
  17. Alandros Elder

Yes I quoted the rules lol... Also how do you know he has 6 computers? All he said was

Notice how he never said he was doing that, he also didn't describe his own setup in any way shape or form despite it being very beneficial to do so to confirm he isn't breaking the rules.

Again considering the rampant KSing and bad etiquette going on in Agnarr I wouldn't expect Boxers to be magically better than the average player. I'm sure there are plenty of True Boxers though I assume (which is all any of us can do really) many if not most are breaking the rules... The 3rd person nature of the OP's comments about such a setup really leads me to believe the same about them. Suggesting a true box setup is easy while not actually saying they were setup that way.
  18. Alandros Elder

Then we both make assumptions just different ones. Again based on the level of antics going on in Agnarr I assume boxers are not immune to such things. Also considering the language of the OP suggesting a true multi-box setup is easy in the 3rd person while not saying they were setup that way really adds to my assumption.

Again my first post quoted the rules, so if you or anyone isn't violating those rules they aren't who I was referring to in my post. I thought literally quoting the rules would be explicit and obvious enough. I'll admit that was a failed assumption (though I still would guess most posters here are reasonable and the few who zero'd in on a couple sentences I posted while ignoring all the rules I quoted are a minority).
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

The problem is, and you are still missing this point, is that you quoted the rules attempting to support an interpretation of said rules that was unequivocally wrong in regards to boxing on Agnarr.
  20. Alandros Elder

This isn't hard. I quoted the full rules and lambasted cheating boxers. I assumed it was quite clear from the fact I quoted the actual rules that people would know my post was about what I quoted. Seems like basic reading comprehension. I also made a second post clarifying this after my original one and before your post.

So you had two opportunities to clearly understand my scope of comments, you ignored both.

I suggest reading more and speaking less.

Additionally the OP said it was easy to setup a True Box but never actually said they were in their OP. In fact the oddly speak about it in a 3rd person without actually describing their own setup. All reasons why I said what I said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.