Agnarr vs Phinny population?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, May 30, 2017.

1. malaki Augur

I think that a lot of the Phinny/RF/LJ types had premade groups going into Agnarr so that would likely skew people's perceptions.
  2. jeskola pheerie

Do you mean Agnarr reaching permalock is years away, or boredom with being locked in the same era forever?

Agnarr release schedule
    release date Era
    5/24/2017 Classic
    8/16/2017 Kunark
    11/8/2017 Velious
    1/31/2018 Luclin
    4/25/2018 POP
    7/18/2018 LOY
    10/10/2018 LDON

As you can see this would put the top-tier raid content release at 4/25/18 (11 months from the release date) and permalock of all content at 10/10/18 (a little over 16 months from the release date).
  3. Sdoofbuc Augur

Is this posted somewhere official?

I thought non level increase exp was only 8 weeks vs 12 weeks for level increase exp. And I also thought PoP and LoY was released at the same time.
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I'd be willing to bet 10 kronos this guy doesn't bring up men's wives to their faces (I.E. not behind the safety of a keyboard).

But if I'm wrong - I'd love you to post a video of it on here so I can see you forced to swallow your teeth.
  5. Wispur Elder

6. Belfort New Member

[IMG]
  7. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Just in time for a new TLE server.
  8. Senadin Elder

No, just in time for Pantheon to release!
    HighTankz and DariyaVika like this.
  9. Mwapo Augur

You use the term years pretty loosely. In a year, you'll be in PoP and in 15 months you'll have everything unlocked. By two years, you'll have either maxed your characters or you'll have trouble finding guilds who are happy slogging through Time and LDoNs for the thousandth time.
    Krrill and jeskola like this.
  10. Mardy Augur

3,344 vs 978 at the moment. Of course it doesn't mean anything, new server is going to have more people, that's just how it is.
  11. Finley Augur

I know a lot of people from Phinny that are playing on Agnarr but not abandoning Phinny which they consider to be their "main" server.
    Krrill likes this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Source? This based on class channels?
  13. Mardy Augur

Yes just a quick class channel round up, so don't expect it to be accurate. But since this is using the same method comparing two progression servers, it's the best we have.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Agree it's the best we have, but the two servers won't be equal in opt out rates. I'd expect Phinny to have much higher % of people who opt out of general channels. Most of the people coming from P99 on Agnarr probably don't even know how yet. Still, it's nice to see #'s like this.
  15. Ootax Augur

It doesn't seem like the launch was bigger than Phinny's I'm only basing that on the number of /pics I remember from Phinny vs what Agnarr currently has not actual proof just an observation. I've made a few different races on Agnarr and so far most of them have fewer pics than Phinny did. But the holiday weekend could actually play against Agnarr since a lot of people will be on vacation.
  16. DariyaVika Augur

Uhm, have you seen the newest expansions? The graphics engine this game runs on is ancient, and most of the post OoW expansions are full of recycled skins. Just because the Kobold is level 75 now doesn't mean it's not effectively the same mob as it was when you were killing them at level 45 in sol b.

I spent like 3-4 krono on Ragefire twinking out a warrior and enchanter, which I abandoned at 52 for Phinigel. On Phinny I spent 2 krono I think twinking out a bard, which I abandoned at 53. In original EQ, I spent 4 years, had three 61+ characters, including one of them geared to the max from PoT and GoD, and abandoned them. Basically, I have zero issues abandoning characters because to me this is just a fun way to spend free time.

In a year or two when Pantheon finally launches in full, I'll go give it a try, or find some other game, and abandon EQ forever more likely than not. :)
  17. DariyaVika Augur

Funny, but I've met a lot of people who played on Phinny but are done with it because they don't really care about GoD. Maybe they'll go back for OoW.
  18. Phantom Ghost Augur

Will probably vary. Eventually, classic will be boring to people and they will move to another server until kunark. Others will level alts. Ldon will be boring to some so they will play in classic until god. Classic doesnt interest some so they wont play until kunark or velious. God will mever be played by someone so they may stick to agnarr. Or people may just find something else to do.
  19. snailish Augur

Phinny looks like it will have a viable population to catch up to live. It looks like Phinny will have at least 10 raiding guilds still rolling for the level 80 content...

Agnarr looks like it will actually have the population to have multiple guilds raiding Time. I would be surprised if that lasts more than a year, but odds are (based on current interest level) at least one guild will be left doing that for a couple of years. Where Agnarr will remain robust is the casual plinking around population that doesn't care if the character sits at 55 for 4 months --I predict at least 3-4 years of that still being a visible population.

Some people will continue to play on both.

Attrition hits every progression server we've seen. At some point a Phinny 2.0 will capture some population too.

Login to Vulak... should make the worry about any other server's viable population to stay up moot. A server's viable population to be fun to play on is a different story though.
  20. Dysfunction New Member

Those worried about abandoning characters... Someday, soon or far off, EQ will be over. Systems shutdown, end of line. If you can't enjoy the ride, I fear for you when that day comes.
    oldkracow likes this.