Agnarr vs Phinny population?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, May 30, 2017.

1. Dabrixmgp Augur

Is Phinny still the go to progression server? I dont really wanna reroll to Agnarr just to find the server dies in 3 weeks once everyone goes back to Phinny.
  2. Kahna Augur

It is too soon to tell. Anything people say now is just speculation. I know many Phinny players are killing time on Agnarr becuse LDoN is boring. Wait until GoD opens on Phinny and you will get a better feel for the actual populations.
  3. Wolrok Elder

There's no way to tell how many people on Agnarr are from Phinny.

So pick based on content. Soon Phinny will be doing GoD and then OoW. Phinny has everything up to LDoN unlocked.

Agnarr just started and is in classic. Kunark opens at the end of August.

Edit: If it means anything, Day 1 populations were nuts, and as far as I'm aware, the biggest EQ has ever seen.
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Apples and oranges. I think your decision should primarily depend on whether or not you want to stay locked in PoP era or not. I think both servers will be fine. Right now there's a temporary population dip on Phinny because a lot of people hopped over to Agnarr during the end-of-xpac lull to farm some kronos. I think once GoD hits Phinny, Agnarr will take a slight population decrease when people go back. But there are enough people over on Agnarr that want to stay PoP locked (P99 people) that the server will stay healthy. Once OOW starts to lull out on Phinny I'd bet that people go back (temporarily) to Agnarr again.

I really don't foresee Agnarr taking a massive population hit until maybe 3-6 months after LDON releases and boredom starts to kick in or another TLP server releases.
  5. Finchy Augur

you could get a good number if someone wanted to take the time to build a parser for it. obviously different names/people not on 24/7 or in certain channels would prevent the number from being 100%, but i bet it'd give you some kind of reference.
  6. Machentoo Augur

What ever happened to that Ragefire population website? Seems the resources are already there, not that it would be hard to recreate it.
  7. Finchy Augur

was it a website? Thought it was just a post that outlined all that stuff. been awhile can't remember how it was presented.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, someone had a website with a little program that could parse your log files and upload the names to the site.
  9. Wispur Elder

I think the server populations are fairly separate.

My friends and I resubscribed and started playing on Agnarr without touching Phin.

Almost every group I'm in, people are commenting on having just come back after having not played for years. (ie, not on Phin)

I think both servers are going to stand on their own, with different people playing both.
  10. Astley Augur

Didn't know that was through server population.

There was a parser for auction prices that disappeared, but it didn't chart population, just recorded auction prices in the bazaar for recent offers.
  11. Wispur Elder

Oh it definitely existed.

You could sort players by class (Shaman for example) and it would show you all of the Shamans on the server, their names, and maybe some additional info.

It basically gave an accurate census of every class, for both Ragefire and Lockjaw.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Think I'll put something together, it would be nice information for the community to have.
  13. Finchy Augur

lemme know i'll send you some log files. I'll be on phinny wednesday and agnarr tonight
  14. jeskola pheerie

The real question is, do you want to invest a ton of time into characters that will be locked at POP/LDON for eternity? That should be your determining factor on where to play. Population is fine on both.
  15. DariyaVika Augur

Unless they're one of those 30+ hour a week "casuals", they're going to take a very long time to catch up on Phinny without spending krono to buy PLing.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Phinny is getting xp boost when Gates releases. Catching up will still take a bit, but not as long as currently.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Yes, but if you don't want all your invested time to leave you with characters damned to hell with an eternal life in POP/LDON, then the other 3 servers are the place to be.
  18. Belfort New Member

I have characters "damned for eternity" or whatever on numerous servers. Lots of people here have abandoned chars on previous TLPs also. I just don't think it's that big a deal and suspect a lot of others don't either. A year and a half is a long time, everyone is here for their own incentives/reasons.

If Pantheon ever releases and they don't completely botch it then a lot more people will be abandoning EQ chars all over the place.

Characters aren't an "investment" they are a huge money and time sink with the majority of people never recovering the money and the time is gone forever no matter what. The only thing you get to take away is the experiences and possibly some friendships/connections to carry you into the next server or game.

I intend to ride this train all the way to the last stop, probably with a single main character and little in the way of "alts". By the time this train ride ends in 18 months or more there will be something else to do so I will jump off with...

[IMG]
    DariyaVika and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  19. Wispur Elder

...that is literally years away.
    By the time the POP/LDON lock gets boring, I sincerely hope I will be ready for something else anyways.
  20. Atabishi Augur

Based on my interactions with people, it feels like the majority of people on Agnarr are new players, returning players, and p99 people. I'd say the phinny people coming over are the minority. I'm more curious about if Agnarr launch was bigger than Phinny's.