Agnarr and our future after PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Corilleous, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Protagonist Tank

So, in acknowledging it will take years of raiding to achieve, you still believe the person who put in those years should be on equal footing as someone who put in a week and a half?

I mean, I can see your point of view - it just seems like it caters to getting the new far more than keeping the old, and in a server where the population will stagnate down to just the folks with long-term goals, I'm not sure that's the wisest set of priorities.
  2. Snomie Elder

Er... I have no idea where Lankie is getting his info from, but pretty much anyone with a solid ra % can have a full set of bis time gear in 6 months no problems. This is without batphones and only raiding in instances.

Ask any raider on phinny who lived through the horror of pop/ldon for 6 months - getting loot isn't the hard part. Almost every single high ra person in any of the top 10-15 or so guilds had whatever loot they wanted by the end of that horror show.

Our guild literally had people just making and PLing alts for the sole reason of looting all the rotting gear by the 6th month of running PoTime.

Agnarr may have it's problems, but getting loot won't be the issue for them. They'll be swimming in loot a few months into PoP.
  3. Protagonist Tank

Time loot wasn't the bit being discussed. BIS LDoN raid augs were the ones being stated to take a very long time to achieve.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Whether I agree with this depends on whether or not Hatchet finally drops the beastlord piece tonight. 14? clears and no fancy stick, just stupid flutes!
    In TMO we went all of Luclin without seeing an ulak off... XTC drops it I think. The RNG game makes BiS paranoia make sense to me on progression.
  5. Lankie Augur

I did the math back during PoTime, it was literally over 1.5 years to get 'almost' full BIS with a crew of 40-45 ish 100% raid attendance players.

Everyone seems to remember having full BIS, except when you check their magelo, guess what, they had 2 BIS items.

0 people on Phinny reached full BIS, I doubt anyone even made it halfway.

Just take 1 item and do the math. Let's say... Quarm Ring. Go look at your DKP page and tell me how many dropped. We had like 8 in 6 months. That ring is BIS for like 35 of your raid force. Well that's 2 years solid weekly Quarm raiding with splits, for just 1 item.

Don't even talk about Quarm Earring, I think we had 3 in 6 months. So that's like 10 years of solid raiding to get full BIS.

6 months whole raid BIS.... what are you smoking.
  6. Snomie Elder

I said solid RA people will have bis. Not an entire raid force. Your math is flawed because you are assuming a crew of 40-45 people would have the following:

1: 100% ra for all members - this doesn't happen, only some of the raid force will be higher ra members and those people with higher ra will scoop up more loot typically

2: All members will be aiming or care about bis to bid up for bis in every slot - this doesn't happen either, we frequently have people who only took upgrades when they were near rot status at the end of the expansion

3: 0 splitting happening - a lot of guilds split potime to make it more fun because it gets insanely boring and un-challenging if you don't

You claim that "0 people on phinny had full bis, I doubt anyone even made it halfway" but that's not true at all. Even me, in a non hardcore guild, without splits, was in 3/4 full bis by the end of PoP due to the above 3 factors happening. The splitting guild guys were all in bis way earlier.

And I wasn't even the best geared of my class on the server since I was cheap and waited to buy most of my gear towards the end of the 6 months. If I was less cheap with DKP I could have easily bought the last 1/4 of the bis gear I was missing.

Claiming that 0 people on phinny had full bis or even half bis just shows your ignorance. Anyone with good RA in a solid raid guild could have got all the gear they wanted in the 6 months of pop on phinny.
  7. Lankie Augur

We split with 20 ish per raid. I'm afraid what you're experiencing is called "rosy retrospection". You remember most of your guild being BIS and farming PoTime with alts, in reality 0 players had full BIS and you were probably not even 1/4 way there.

If you are on the prison server and raid with 100% attendance, I guarantee you will not reach full BIS for at least 1.5 years with full RNG luck. Most likely you'll be raiding for 2 years and not even be BIS.
  8. Snomie Elder

I had every single bis raid aug within the time we did ldon raids on phinny. Every single heroic int aug and every single mana aug from the ldon raids was on my toon before we stopped ldon raids (and we weren't even a splitting guild).

As I said in the previous post, not everyone will be in bis but those who want to be and who keep a solid ra will get the loot they want as long as they put in the bids for it.

It really doesn't take long (unless your name is Boze and god hates you and makes the 1 piece of loot you want not drop for 3 months... but that's an act of god because Boze kicked some kittens or something).
    Boze likes this.
  9. Snomie Elder

Nope, I just checked my item bid history and I was in fact wearing alot of BIS gear as well as having every single heroic int aug and +mana aug from the ldon raids.

I think only plates had a bit of trouble getting all the bis they wanted due to huge number of cleric/tanks, but silk and leather was picking up any potime items they wanted for maybe 1 raids worth of dkp by the end of it.

Because Lankie likes to make up bs and say anyone else is having 'rosy memories', here is an exact write up of me winning every single of the supposedly 'hard to get' ldon 70+mana ldon augs, max focus augs, evoc mod aug and heroic int augs

I included the date and how much I paid for each aug also:

05.02.17Snomieicon Neyremal's Shard of ProwessOn time bonusdefault160.00
    05.16.17Snomieicon Ritana's Refracting PrismHourly DKPdefault100.00
    05.16.17Snomieicon Windetched Staff (this should be Reflection Shard of Kel`Novar, our dkp system misnames stuff sometimes)Hourly DKPdefault30.00
    05.19.17SnomieRinged Stone of AdvantageHourly DKPdefault10.00
    05.23.17Snomieicon Shard of the Cursed MindHourly DKPdefault10.00
    05.25.17Snomieicon Valdoon's Stone Beast ShardHourly DKPdefault100.00
    05.25.17Snomieicon Quintessence Jewel of Fiery PainHourly DKPdefault10.00
    05.30.17Snomieicon Glowing Stone of Frozen SlimeHourly DKPdefault10.00
    06.02.17Snomieicon Tweyne's Stone of EvocationHourly DKPdefault10.00
    06.27.17Snomieicon Warden's Peculiar Gem of ThoughtHourly DKPdefault100.00
  10. Corilleous Elder

To all the haters and naysayers......

/sticks out tongue
    Rogue Captain likes this.