Agents of Change for Live Servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frogmancer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. FrozenWater Augur

Just wondering if there's any updates on this? :)
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well the devs have been ignoring the players about this for years, wouldn't surprise me to hear they ignored Dreamweaver about it too :p

I think they have "ideological" reasons for ignoring it, that being they designed the AoC for one purpose - to allow TLP server players to have access to content that they would not be able to access in-era without them due to the competition from vastly larger numbers of guilds & players on TLP than live servers had in era. They oppose it being reduced to or used as a QoL feature.

That said I am a big advocate of Live Servers getting AoC, problem is that right now live servers need raid-lag sorted out as priority number 1 & adding AoC would not help that situation presently.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I always assumed that the AoC's on TLP servers wasn't just a matter of there being more players and guilds competing for raid spawns to complete epics and progression, but also because of the shortened time to finish an expansion before the next one opens up. When you have a full year to complete an expansion's content, limiting the number of drops/completed quests and epics by limiting the number of spawns per unit time isn't as much of an issue.

But this gets to why they should be added to Live servers - people are doing this stuff as a matter of "catching up" or on alts as they replay the content, and so limiting the rate at which players can complete this content is counter to a good player experience.
    Skuz and Tatanka like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It would certainly have made pop-progression faster on live servers. There is a reason some mains were years behind on artisan's prize...:oops:
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If they ever decided to merge a bunch of Live servers, it might be a nice carrot to add AoC's to go along with that stick.
    Skuz likes this.