Agents of Change for Live Servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frogmancer, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Raccoo Augur

I guess they want us to all start over new characters after 19 years.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

After 19 years, your character shouldn't need an AoC
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Players being able to time and kill open world raid bosses as they spawn would give reason to reason to have agents of change to give others a chance at seeing some of the older content. In fact being able to time and kill them right after they spawned on the progression servers was part of the reasons they where created in the first place.
    Raccoo likes this.
  4. Raccoo Augur

If I haven't been able to find them up after 19 years, shouldn't that give reason to have AOC? Some people don't have time or want to constantly monopolize a raid mob.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. bortage spammin lifetaps

I feel like adding AoC's to live servers would bring people back to more effectively go on nostalgia trips and there's a good chance they'll reconnect with old friends/make new ones and end up buying the latest expansion and becoming current players again
    Raccoo likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Thats what TLP's are for.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

TLP's are more for people who want to level up through old content on new characters rather than just experiencing it on their main character by seeing some of the old raid mobs. Some people are not into making alts.
    Raccoo likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Exept not all TLPs have AoCs.
    Raccoo likes this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The good ones do
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Did dreamweaver actually post what you quoted?
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Nevermind, I just found where he did actually say that.

I don't mean to be a buttface, but that's an incredibly flippant answer. How many changes have been made to the game and pushed to Live because of crap happening on the TLPs? Countless.

And the best answer from the Devs on a legit quality-of-life upgrade to Live is to basically take a long walk off a short bridge?

Come on. You all can and must do better than that.
    FubarEQ and Raccoo like this.
  12. Lyrical Augur

I would literally start up my eq accounts again to be able to do the things I was never able to do because they were perma farmed on all 4 active servers I was on.

Pretty simple example of what might happen if a player from 1999 would start up again.
    Raccoo likes this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I am not obligated to give you free stuff Boomer.

Put in the work instead of having everything handed to you on a silver platter.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What work? Knowing when something is going to spawn so that you can be at its spawn point for the short amount of time it will live? Isn't much work in killing these older mobs just need to know when they last died to get the respawn timer.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

There's finally a solution to this historical problem... but for some undisclosed reason, it seems like DBG isn't going to give it to Live servers.
    FubarEQ and Kaenneth like this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

with a +- 6 hours timer 30 times over a year.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not all open world contested spawns have that and even then it can mean sitting at a spawn point for hours/days in order to kill something in seconds.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Are you saying that having an AoC on Live servers so that people can actually see content and/or kill content they are now essentially locked out of is somehow infringing on you because they're having it "easier?" That's the dumbest argument I've heard outside of the national political landscape in a while.

If you want to farm static/open content for items, go right ahead. Heck, if you are the person with the old world mobs or PoP progression mobs on lockdown, go buck wild and kill them TWICE ... once in the open world and once via AoC. I don't care.

But advocating against AoCs on Live is a tough sell to me. There's no logical reason. It's not game breaking because if it was TLPs wouldn't have them. It's not extra work for the devs... TLPs AND Test server have them.

The only logical decision against pushing them Live is that DBG sees them as a feature they can exploit to attract people to TLPs, where you must have a gold subscription to play. Joke's on them, though. People who haven't jumped ship to TLPs at this point have zero intention to. There's been like a dozen TLP servers over the years, so if people haven't left for the greenier pastures of 'ol, then I doubt they're going anywhere.

** I just want the real explanation why this can't go Live. Not the tired, obviously a deflection reason. The real reason. **
  19. Zamiam Augur

" You want the TRUTH , you can't handle the TRUTH " :p
  20. Ecko Elder

They could probably set them to be a gold only feature, like prestige augs/gear etc, so that it wouldn't encroach on affecting TLP's.

That might push them being able to offer them on live servers to it being a non-trivial piece of work for them to carry out which they might not think is worth it compared to stopping attrition/bringing in new/returning members. That's the only reason I can think they haven't done so tbh.

Personally I'd love to see them on live servers, trying to get the PoP flagging done for the artisan prize aug was a bit of a ballache on FV. Plus it's always fun romping through old raids for fun/trinkets :)