Add Undead Dragongut Strings to non-UDB Trakanon Please...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. uk6999 Augur

They responded in another thread basically saying they had no interest or time to make the changes to epics that are bottlenecked. Something about walking in snow or uphill. Anyway this was a petition created by soon to try and change their mind.
  2. Keze Journeyman

Maybe consider lowering the spawn timer on UDB? Having camped this multiple times I can tell you that having it spawn at weird hours is really the killer here. My guild fields upwards of 40 during prime time but almost all of us have to work during the day and have a family as well. It's really difficult to explain to your wife you have to be up at 3am to kill a video game boss because it is on a 14-16hour rotation before the ultra video game boss respawns and the timer is messed up so you have to re-camp it again. Trust me I have tried. It never ends well.
  3. Finley Augur

I think the dev claimed he didn't like to walk very much and the computer they use to make changes to the game was at the other end of the office.
    uk6999 likes this.
  4. uk6999 Augur

I have "loosely" considered re-rolling after wasting so many hours in OS staring at bard track. I might check back in resuming camping it during the first week of Veilous when the bigger guilds are focused on something else.
  5. Frags Journeyman

It's a bit disheartening that Daybreak continues to ignore issues like this. Ignoring the issues your player base has is a good way to lose subscribers.
  6. Taladir Augur

When you think about it logically, the Undead Bard has no place on a TLP like Phinigel that contains instancing. Here's why:

Originally, way back in 2000, the Undead Dragongut Strings only dropped off open world Trakanon (remember, until now open world was all there was) on a 3-day timer. Only the top 1-2 guilds on a given server competed for these kills in era because he was too difficult for the majority of guilds.The original intent of the Undead Bard was to alleviate this bottleneck from the Bard epic quest by allowing a triggered, reduced difficulty version of Trakanon which would drop the Strings and 1 BP, so the final quest piece would not be relegated only to the top couple of guilds that could compete to kill Trakanon.

Now consider that to even get to that point, a Bard had to collect difficult-to-obtain pieces such as Kedge Backbone, White Dragon Scales, and Red Dragon Scales, all of which only dropped off open world targets themselves, which were also often monopolized by top guilds (or impossible to kill above level 52 in the case of Vox and Nagafen). Even with these filters in place, Trak proved to be the bottleneck. With instancing, these filters are greatly reduced since any guild (or small raid for that matter) can acquire the items. They can also be purchased for less than outrageous prices on the market.

As you might imagine, this creates a perfect storm of the previous bottlenecks no longer being bottlenecks and the bottleneck "solution" becoming a the new bottleneck - since there are tons of newly eligible Bards thanks to instancing on a highly populated server but only one spawn per day to share amongst them. Making matters worse, the spawn requires two groups to kill so you are looking at 12 people sitting around for hours at a time instead of a solo or small group camp as seen in the SK and Enchanter epics.

So how about we do away with the Undead Bard and just make them drop off Trakanon again, or heck, add a % chance to Trakanon's current loot table?
  7. GrugSA Augur

This triggered me so hard. Bard epic is straight up charity compared to the enchanter epic, UDBs spawn timer is almost shorter then VTs window and hasn't been nearly as competitive that's before you even start talking about VD or Wraith. Do tell me more about how hard your alts epic is though.
  8. Machen New Member

Yes, being easier than 1 other class epic out of 14 clearly makes it totally trivial.
  9. Elrhon New Member

Hasn't been competitive? Multiple guilds always know the spawn window and are waiting to mobilize. Basically every damn spawn. UDB is an extremely contested mob.
  10. Soon Augur

I would like more snake buff too. Why not ask them to change both? UDB is not so competitive simply because you need a small raid of 3 groups to take it down, and the fight is hard for some classes to get to.
  11. uk6999 Augur

Finally got my piece tonight. 100hours over 2 weeks time. The most insane thing i have ever done in a game. Hats off to my guild <Sad Dragons> for helping me. It takes a lot to have an entire raid force be on the ready. Not because the version of Trak is hard it is because there are 100's of people ready to mobilize for one spawn.

DBG please reconsider this and a few of the other epics. Soon thank you for making this post.
  12. Miss Shortcake Elder

They could also just move the UDB to a different spot. He spawns when the server comes up, and he DOES spawn in instanced sebilis.. just right next to a giant dragon that instantly kills him. This is probably WAYYYY too hard for DBG to figure out how to do, though.
  13. Soon Augur

Not "not so competitive"... i mean "not as contested"

Sorry about my English.
  14. abernath New Member

Or just make Trakanon not aggro UDB, would be a simple fix.
  15. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I'd wonder where you're standing while staring at Bard Track... seeing that you have to, quite literally, be entering the opening of his lair before you are in Bard track range of Trakanon/Undead Bard!
  16. uk6999 Augur

I always stood on the ledge. You can force yourself up with leve' on that big rock pile next to the bridge then leve over to the ledge. Even if no one is there nothing will agro you. Other options include being in the water back against the wall under tolajump, up way high on the big rock formation off to the left or if you are brave over where trak spawns.
  17. uk6999 Augur

P.S. you have to race Soon who is a VERY effective UDB timer. I say that with all do respect. Everytime I saw UDB there Soon was in the zone ready to mobilize thier guild.
  18. Draekony Lorekeeper

lol

[IMG]

Trak seems die around 11-1pm est everyday, so UDB has chance to spawn after that. Not sure if theres a cooldown but yeah UDB is a huge pita gotta be around during the day and have 2 groups ready to dps race/bound at seb
  19. Soon Augur

I am very curious on how many bards managed to finish the epic after Velious launch?
  20. bodes Augur

Has trak even died since Velious? Every other epic gets naturally easier over time as its less contested, but bard becomes impossible. This epic is dead, bro.